PDA

View Full Version : problem with bran new ibook g4

arcterix100
Sep 10, 2004, 09:42 AM
hi, i bought my ibook a month and a half ago and realized its not stable when i put it on a table (one of the rubber foot dosent sit on the ground so it woobles when im typing). Now it wasent that big of a deal until i started college. Now it wont stop moving when im working on it. So i have to put something under the foot. Is there any adjustment that can be done to eliminate this? Will apple repair this since it a manufacturer default??
thanks
pete

wordmunger
Sep 10, 2004, 09:47 AM
hi, i bought my ibook a month and a half ago and realized its not stable when i put it on a table (one of the rubber foot dosent sit on the ground so it woobles when im typing). Now it wasent that big of a deal until i started college. Now it wont stop moving when im working on it. So i have to put something under the foot. Is there any adjustment that can be done to eliminate this? Will apple repair this since it a manufacturer default??
thanks
pete

Call 'em up and ask. They might just send you new rubber feet. You could also try self-repair: slice of some of the rubber so it doesn't wobble.

iwantanewmac
Sep 10, 2004, 10:09 AM
thanks
pete

I ordered my ibook a few months ago and when I got it the left front rubber was about 1 cm above the ground.
I called the store and I got a new 1.
YOu should do the same I guess. a laptop should be flat not wobbly.

stevehaslip
Sep 10, 2004, 10:50 AM
id take it in and see what they can do, but sometimes the desk i use just isn't flat, honestly some tables have a slight curve - this makes your iBook or Powerbook wobble. Although it wouldnt be anywhere near as severe as 1cm!!!!!!! i'm not saying that i don't believe you "iwantanewmac" its just really harsh luck!!!! oh yeah and bad quality control!

arcterix100
Sep 11, 2004, 03:04 PM
brought it to an authorized reseller and they told me that the bottom case was torked.. (as in now strait).. so i called apple care and they warranted the case.. so ill be getting it replaced soon.. thanks guys