PDA

View Full Version : Waterfield Muzetto & Cases

Pages : [1] 2

LadyHoneyBabe
Mar 26, 2010, 10:35 AM
Many people are posting about Waterfield's Muzetto and cases. I have to admit they look well made and I'm extremely close to ordering one myself. I wanted to know if anyone has ordered or tried any of their products before. I just don't want to pay for a mediocre product only to return it.

:confused:

diabolic
Mar 26, 2010, 10:37 AM
I bought the cargo bag and sleeve for my MacBook Air. Very high quality and durable. I highly recommend them.

mozartwon
Mar 26, 2010, 10:40 AM
Many people are posting about Waterfield's Muzetto and cases. I have to admit they look well made and I'm extremely close to ordering one myself. I wanted to know if anyone has ordered or tried any of their products before. I just don't want to pay for a mediocre product only to return it.

:confused:

I just received the Personal Size Muzetto for my IPad (green). Very well made, nice leather, perfect size!

Capt T
Mar 26, 2010, 10:41 AM
I have a few of their small cases and one for my wireless keyboard. Excellent quality. The first case I got from them, that I don't use any more that was for the first gen iPod. The little extra for the quality was worth it to me for the cases.

Clix Pix
Mar 26, 2010, 12:21 PM
I have always heard good things about Waterfield/SF Bags and the photos and descriptions of their products are quite appealing. They also are very good about communicating with the customer, too. After seeing the Muzetto a few weeks ago in a photo here, I kept going back to the site to look and look again..... The day I placed my reservation for my iPad I also ordered the Muzetto personal bag and the iPad Smart Case. This past week I received an email about the new size, the Portable Muzetto and was asked if I would prefer that size rather than the Personal size, no additional cost to me (since my order had already been placed). Of course I said yes. I imagine that I will be notified once they've shipped, which will be after the iPad itself has been released and we've all got our hands on one.

SchneiderMan
Mar 26, 2010, 01:54 PM
They have great quality product that's for sure, you will not be disappointed.
Im pretty sure that all their stuff is made in the U.S. San Fran to be exact.

anthonymoody
Mar 26, 2010, 02:28 PM
I have always heard good things about Waterfield/SF Bags and the photos and descriptions of their products are quite appealing. They also are very good about communicating with the customer, too. After seeing the Muzetto a few weeks ago in a photo here, I kept going back to the site to look and look again..... The day I placed my reservation for my iPad I also ordered the Muzetto personal bag and the iPad Smart Case. This past week I received an email about the new size, the Portable Muzetto and was asked if I would prefer that size rather than the Personal size, no additional cost to me (since my order had already been placed). Of course I said yes. I imagine that I will be notified once they've shipped, which will be after the iPad itself has been released and we've all got our hands on one.

Wow that's an impressive response on their part - selling you the slightly larger, more expensive version at the same price. Nice!

Their stuff is excellent - I have an older sleeve of theirs that's perfect for a netbook and now an iPad.

The two size choices are a tough dilemma though. I sort of feel like I first need to determine what if any type of semi-permanent case I'd keep it in (like...Otterbox style) or not before I know whether I'd need/want the slightly added size of the Portable model...

decson
Mar 26, 2010, 02:39 PM
I ordered the personal a while back when they were promoting it to fit the iPad. I now have the case and emailed them when they got the larger size, they offered to exchange it without a problem.

I am planning on getting a sleeve type case (hard graft) and then hopefully a wallet like the happy owl or a few other I have seen recently. Playing around with books slightly wider and thicker then the iPad I am happy with the personal, it will be snug, but in my eyes that is not a bad thing. I still have the pockets to put items such as charger in without a problem.

I am over carrying books everywhere (hence getting the iPad). There is the back pocket for my passport if travelling too. All in all :cool:

The quality is great and have already recommended them to a few friends for their bags. :o

In my eyes worth every penny (or cent).

Clix Pix
Apr 19, 2010, 10:41 PM
My Muzetto arrived today and it is gorgeous! My iPad in the Apple case slips in there beautifully and eventually when I also receive my iPad smart case, it, too, will fit beautifully. I like the look and feel of this bag -- definitely quality workmanship -- and it more than meets my expectations. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll do a few photos, but in the meantime, I am truly a happy camper!

bern1812
Apr 19, 2010, 11:37 PM
My Muzetto arrived today and it is gorgeous! My iPad in the Apple case slips in there beautifully and eventually when I also receive my iPad smart case, it, too, will fit beautifully. I like the look and feel of this bag -- definitely quality workmanship -- and it more than meets my expectations. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll do a few photos, but in the meantime, I am truly a happy camper!

How do you like the iPad Smart Case? This was the one i was considering when I finally get my iPad.

I have a few things from Waterfield and I will never buy a laptop sleeve from anyone else. I absolutely love the one for my macbook pro. I have the pre-unibody macbook pro, so when i ordered mine they were on their way to phasing out that size. All they had left were vertical ones with the top flap. Because they all had the flap on them, they threw it in there for free! (It was great because that was what I was going to order anyway :D )

I highly recommend ordering from them

Clix Pix
Apr 19, 2010, 11:46 PM
Haven't gotten my iPad smart case yet--it is going to be on the way soon -- but definitely in the meantime I am delighted with my Muzetto portable iPad bag!

bern1812
Apr 20, 2010, 12:05 AM
Haven't gotten my iPad smart case yet--it is going to be on the way soon -- but definitely in the meantime I am delighted with my Muzetto portable iPad bag!

Completely misread your post. I skipped down a line, past eventually and read receive as received :o

I guess the smart case must be a hit though, because orders now are shipping for another month

Soulcrux
Apr 20, 2010, 12:22 AM
Their stuff looks really nice. High quality AND they look good.

My only gripe is the price. $179 for a small leather bag?

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a student, so my money is kind of tight, but it's still surprises me how SO MANY PEOPLE are buying all these super expensive accessories...

mark34
Apr 20, 2010, 07:20 AM
Waterfield is a fantastic company with excellent service and quality products. I have bought several things from them over the years. Their stuff usually looks even better in person than in pictures.

I am considering several of their items for the iPad. Please post pics of the bags and the smart case and muzetto bags.

JCT
Apr 20, 2010, 07:42 AM

Maybe it's just the fact that I'm a student, so my money is kind of tight, but it's still surprises me how SO MANY PEOPLE are buying all these super expensive accessories...

I've been buying their gear for over 6 years, and one of their Cosmo bags has been my daily work and travel bag (all over the world) for the past 3 years. It looks like new and it certainly hasn't been babied. When I was a student I couldn't have afforded it either to be honest ;), but now that I no longer live month-to-month, I have learned that paying a bit extra for something that not only lasts but is unique and nice to carry is worthwhile. If their stuff holds up for years, the cost of ownership is really not too bad...

An added bonus is that the gear is made in SF and the customer service is absolutely stellar. I had purchased a Personal Muzetto in early March for my upcoming iPad and took delivery. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the "Portable" size and emailed the company to ask about the size difference and they immediately offered to swap it out at no charge. Really, you can't beat that sort of service and I am more than willing to pay for it.

Another nice thing is that their gear remains very unique and to this day I rarely attend a conference or meeting without someone commenting on my "neat" bag, they are the antithesis of a "me-too" company.

This is why you see so many repeat buyers -- their stuff makes great gifts as well.

JT

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 20, 2010, 08:01 AM
I have the ultimate sleeve case and although it's extremely well made, I didn't realize how form fitting it is. It will only fit if I don't have a case on it...it has to be naked. Because of that, I was thinking about getting invisible shield installed.

BTW, my Muzetto is shipping today. :D I hope my incase convertible book case fits...along with my keyboard. *fingers crossed*

julip
Apr 20, 2010, 11:51 AM
I had corresponded with WF a few weeks ago about being notified when the new version of the Ultimate Sleevecase is available. Apparently when they received the Apple cover, they found the grippy texture didn't allow it to slide into the sleevecase easily, so they are reworking their design. It sounds like some of you have found it to not be a problem, though! They also said that they are working on a travel case as well.

I just received my Muzetto bag with the green panel yesterday, and it is gorgeous! My iPad in the Marware eco-vue cover even fits in their fine. I am a huge fan of WF. They make such great quality products and as others have said before, their CS is exceptional.

Clix Pix
Apr 20, 2010, 03:04 PM
I have the ultimate sleeve case and although it's extremely well made, I didn't realize how form fitting it is. It will only fit if I don't have a case on it...it has to be naked. Because of that, I was thinking about getting invisible shield installed.

BTW, my Muzetto is shipping today. :D I hope my incase convertible book case fits...along with my keyboard. *fingers crossed*

I just popped my iPad (in its Apple case) and my BT keyboard into the Muzetto along with my wallet, keys, sunglasses and such.....everything fits perfectly!!!

This is a great bag and I'm very, very pleased with it!

Spankey
Apr 20, 2010, 03:15 PM
Love to see some pics of the Portable. Anther two weeks until I get mine! :mad:

mark34
Apr 20, 2010, 04:07 PM
I just popped my iPad (in its Apple case) and my BT keyboard into the Muzetto along with my wallet, keys, sunglasses and such.....everything fits perfectly!!!

Not to completely open this can of worms... but, can you see a man carrying this bag without it looking feminine? I am not opening the whole murse conversation, just about this bag.

midorigal
Apr 20, 2010, 04:55 PM
Funny you should ask Mark34, I am a woman and thought the bags were too masculine for me! I think the quality looks great but I just want something cuter! When I see the pics, I totally picture men using it...very Euro and smart looking1

Soulcrux
Apr 20, 2010, 05:05 PM
Not to completely open this can of worms... but, can you see a man carrying this bag without it looking feminine? I am not opening the whole murse conversation, just about this bag.

Murse conversation, just in case:
The only way you would look explicitly feminine while carrying a bag like this is if you were wearing drag and makeup.

This is a personal "satchel" sort of bag. It isn't glittery, it doesn't have snaps, doesn't say "GUESS" on it, and you don't drap it off of one shoulder.

I've been wearing shoulder bags like this for a few years now (since my High School sophomore year) since i would find that i had too much stuff than would fit in my pockets. Cell phone, wallet, DS Lite, keys, cell phone charger, etc.

I really don;t think there's anything wrong with not wanting there to be huge bulges in your pants. Also, i hate backpacks. They aren't convenient for grabbing stuff quickly-better for transporting.

Muzetto bag:

Its made of distressed leather by the looks of it, so i think this bag is one of the most "masculine" of these that you could get. In my opinion, at least. As i said earlier i can't afford this, unfortunately =(

ttate90303
Apr 20, 2010, 07:18 PM
Big Waterfield fan here. I've ordered several of their bags and cases. The stuff just lasts and looks excellent over time. Top that off with great customer service and you have a winner.

Things I still own are the Cargo bag, iPod gear bag, DS Lite carrying case, Sleeve case and Piggyback (formerly for a PowerBook G4 - 6 years ago) now used for an Macbook Pro 13". And another Sleeve for my wife's laptop. So yeah, I'm a fan of their stuff.

MikhailT
Apr 20, 2010, 07:57 PM

The difference is that Waterfield Designs are known for ultra-high workmanship quality, their bags will survive through anything and last forever. Pay 179$ once for a bag that can last for years makes more sense than paying 30$ for a bag that'll crap out within months and paying again.

You have to think years when it comes to Waterfield Designs stuff.

Note to anybody who bought Smart Cases
Still another one-two weeks out from shipping. They got totally overwhelmed with orders for this specific case and they were stunned at how many orders they got for it.

MikhailT
Apr 20, 2010, 07:59 PM

Can you please take pictures for us? I would love to see it full with those contents too.

BossHogg
Apr 20, 2010, 08:02 PM
I had corresponded with WF a few weeks ago about being notified when the new version of the Ultimate Sleevecase is available. Apparently when they received the Apple cover, they found the grippy texture didn't allow it to slide into the sleevecase easily, so they are reworking their design. It sounds like some of you have found it to not be a problem, though! They also said that they are working on a travel case as well.

I just received my Muzetto bag with the green panel yesterday, and it is gorgeous! My iPad in the Marware eco-vue cover even fits in their fine. I am a huge fan of WF. They make such great quality products and as others have said before, their CS is exceptional.

Just read this - others having difficulty with the "double wrap" - Apple case + Ultimate Sleevecase ? :confused:

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 22, 2010, 10:23 PM
Just got my Muzetto today an I love it! It's the perfect size because it can hold my incase convertible book jacket case plus my wireless keyboard. And there's room for my cell phone and a pocket for my access point. It all fits just like you said Clix Pix. This is the best carrying case ever and thanks for mentioning it. :D

MikhailT
Apr 22, 2010, 10:34 PM
Just got my Muzetto today an I love it! It's the perfect size because it can hold my incase convertible book jacket case plus my wireless keyboard. And there's room for my cell phone and a pocket for my access point. It all fits just like you said Clix Pix. This is the best carrying case ever and thanks for mentioning it. :D

Take pics for us. I'm curious how it looks with all the content in it.

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 23, 2010, 05:50 AM
Take pics for us. I'm curious how it looks with all the content in it.

Sry, no photos, but the website has a total demonstration.

Muzetto (http://sfbags.com/products/muzetto/muzetto.htm)

:)

Spankey
Apr 23, 2010, 08:39 AM
When did you order? Just want to know to see how far along they are in catching up to their orders.

Clix Pix
Apr 23, 2010, 10:49 AM
My iPad SmartCase just arrived from Waterfield today!!! It looks great, the iPad fits perfectly and it can be used either in the Muzetto bag or on its own in another bag. I'm very pleased with both items! If I have a chance today I'll snap off some photos. The color I ordered for both is "flame," and it is just as pictured on the website, a nice orangish-red, subdued and yet colorful.

I am very, very happy and would definitely order again from this company!

MikhailT
Apr 23, 2010, 03:43 PM
My iPad SmartCase just arrived from Waterfield today!!! It looks great, the iPad fits perfectly and it can be used either in the Muzetto bag or on its own in another bag. I'm very pleased with both items! If I have a chance today I'll snap off some photos. The color I ordered for both is "flame," and it is just as pictured on the website, a nice orangish-red, subdued and yet colorful.

I am very, very happy and would definitely order again from this company!

Lucky, I'm still waiting for my smart case, as it is backordered even tho I ordered weeks ago.

CrucialTK
Apr 25, 2010, 09:34 AM
I want a 13 inch bag so bad, but I'm waiting until after I finish my masters (a few weeks from now). I think the 13 inch will make it easier for me to use one bag and switch between my macbook and the iPad. Decisions decisions...

jmor
Apr 25, 2010, 10:34 AM
Can anyone post real-life pictures with their case full of stuff? Also I would like to see it on, like a real size comparision, thanks :)

Clix Pix
Apr 25, 2010, 12:42 PM
I will try to get organized enough today to take some photos of my iPad, the Muzetto bag and the Smart Case..... Got a few other things to do, too, but will add this to my To-Do list!

frasian
Apr 25, 2010, 02:59 PM
can anyone with the personal (smaller) size muzetto post how the size of the bag feels in comparison to the ipad? i'm a bit confused by gary's video on the website... seems he's talking about two different bags. it seems like the ipad slip case should fit in the personal muzetto but how much wiggle room is there with ipad and case tucked away?

i can't wait until the end of may for the portable muzetto to ship!!! :p

JCT
Apr 25, 2010, 03:37 PM
can anyone with the personal (smaller) size muzetto post how the size of the bag feels in comparison to the ipad? i'm a bit confused by gary's video on the website... seems he's talking about two different bags. it seems like the ipad slip case should fit in the personal muzetto but how much wiggle room is there with ipad and case tucked away?

i can't wait until the end of may for the portable muzetto to ship!!! :p

By this weekend I will be able to give you a direct comparison (my portable Muzetto, Smart case and iPad will all arrive within days of wach other) -- I'm flipping my personal for a portable Muzetto and will have a smart case. I'll take a couple of pics of the ipad in the personal before I ship it back.

JT

jmor
Apr 26, 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks just when ever you get the time would be great

Spankey
Apr 26, 2010, 11:16 AM
Mail Lady just dropped off the Muzetto Portable. It is gorgeous. The leather is smooth and buttery to the touch. Size wise...well it is a bit on the murse size, but perfectly fit to the iPad. You will need something bigger for a laptop. However, if all you are going to carry is the iPad and a phone with a charger or two, throw in some earbuds, etc., the Portable is perfect.

I opted for black and I'm glad I did as I'm not sure one of the other colors would take away from the look of the leather. I would have gone for a burnt orange if it were available.

Great bag. I may have to seel my ultimate sleeve case. It is a bit to snug with the Apple iPad Case.

Clix Pix
Apr 26, 2010, 12:21 PM
The color is a bit "off" in the photos due to the lighting situation but they are both the "Flame," which is a sort of reddish-orange and quite nice.

http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v4/p466663640-5.jpg

http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p416879785-4.jpg

http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v10/p431163178-4.jpg

With the Apple iPad case:
http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v2/p166740037-4.jpg

Apple iPad case and BT keyboard:
http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v10/p38644142-4.jpg

The second pocket in the front offers plenty of room for a wallet, etc.
http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v11/p229424516-5.jpg

http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v12/p238246588-4.jpg

A pocket in the Muzetto's back works for paperback books, etc.
http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v8/p65743144-4.jpg

There's a mesh "pocket" on the Smart Case for the power supply
http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v6/p130244339-4.jpg

http://clixpix.zenfolio.com/img/v11/p221478719-4.jpg

RoarinRow
Apr 26, 2010, 12:49 PM
Wow Clix Pix thanks for posting those pics. I would love to buy the same bag, but the price is holding me back. You've just tempted me even more lol.

Clix Pix
Apr 26, 2010, 01:19 PM
You're welcome! I am very, very happy with my Muzetto bag and I feel it was worth every penny! It is quite nicely made and roomy enough to carry my iPad and a lot of other stuff, too. It's not extremely large or unwieldy like some messenger bags can be, and it's the kind of bag which can be used no matter what one is wearing (jeans, casual clothing, or more formal clothing). I love it!

fanchee
Apr 26, 2010, 01:32 PM
Is that the personal or the portable? I think you said you upgraded to the bigger bag, but wanted to be sure. Wonder what the real difference is.... probably that the keyboard wouldn't fit in the personal? Thanks for the pics, looks awesome!

Clix Pix
Apr 26, 2010, 01:39 PM
This is the Portable..... When I initially placed my order it was for the Personal, as that was all that was available at that time, and then shortly afterward they announced that they were going to create the Portable and offered that to me, which I immediately agreed would be better, especially as I had also ordered the Smart Case. Good decision, I think!

Someone else on this thread already has the Personal and is about to receive the Portable in a few days and said that he/she will share info and photos with comparisons of the two then.

JCT
Apr 26, 2010, 02:25 PM
I see Clik Pix has beaten me to the pics! I have the Flame bag and the Pine SmartCase. The flame color is very rich and very hard to photograph, Clik Pix did a great job.

I actually received the Portable Muzetto and the SmartCase today -- but alas, my iPad won't be here until the 30th with the rest of the 3G shipment.

One thing I can say is that the SmartCase does not fit in the *Personal* Muzetto (this is clearly why they brought out the Portable version so quickly). Thus, it is clear that for the SmartCase you need to size up to the Portable Muzetto. I am pretty sure, however, judging from the pics above that the iPad in the Apple case would fit the personal Muzetto just fine. You could easily email Gary at SFBags to confirm.

Waterfield is being great about the exchange of course. I like that the Portable size is just a tad thicker, makes it a little easier to put slightly bulky stuff inside.

The Muzetto is great to carry -- it's my official weekend bag. Just be prepared for comments, I get asked about it all the time as it is very cool looking.

JT

Clix Pix
Apr 26, 2010, 02:39 PM
Right, when they emailed me about my order and explained about the new Portable size, they stated that the iPad would fit into the Personal bag naked or in the Apple iPad case, but that the Smart Case would require the slightly larger Muzetto. I am very happy that I did get the Portable -- I'd rather have a little too much room than not enough. This offers much more flexibility in what I carry and how much I can carry.....

RoarinRow
Apr 26, 2010, 04:48 PM
Their new iPad Exo case now described on their website. This new sleeve will fit with the Apple iPad Case. Shipping begins May 7.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-exo-ipad.php

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/images/ipad_sleevecase_exo_vertical_applecase_md.jpg

Now I'm waiting to hear back if I can exchange my iPad Ultimate SleeveCase, which I got on April 11 and never used.

CrucialTK
Apr 26, 2010, 07:20 PM
will the iPad and Apple iPad Case fit in the Ultimate Sleevecase?

ovrlrd
Apr 26, 2010, 07:22 PM
will the iPad and Apple iPad Case fit in the Ultimate Sleevecase?

No, that's exactly why they made the Exo Sleevecase, it's identical but made a little thicker to fit the iPad with the Apple case on it.

Spankey
Apr 26, 2010, 08:16 PM
Clix as great as those pics are they still do not do the muzetto justice. It really is a beautiful bag. The leather is just very rich. I'm glad i went with the black. The red would have been too feminine for me. I wish the exo was announced sooner.

JCT
Apr 26, 2010, 08:24 PM
Clix as great as those pics are they still do not do the muzetto justice. It really is a beautiful bag. The leather is just very rich. I'm glad i went with the black. The red would have been too feminine for me. I wish the exo was announced sooner.

My husband said exactly the same thing re: the flame color. Did you buy the original sleevecase for the iPad? If so, and you're interested in the exo -- ask them if you can exchange. They exchanged my Personal Muzetto for a Portable version -- no questions asked.

JT

Spankey
Apr 26, 2010, 09:13 PM
My husband said exactly the same thing re: the flame color. Did you buy the original sleevecase for the iPad? If so, and you're interested in the exo -- ask them if you can exchange. They exchanged my Personal Muzetto for a Portable version -- no questions asked.

JT

I did by the original and have emailed them. The sleeve case is in perfect shape but it will go to waste if the iPad won't fit. The black and leather of the sleeve works great with the black muzetto with the yellow interior.

Clix Pix
Apr 26, 2010, 09:29 PM
I completely agree that the photos do not do the Muzetto justice. It is truly a wonderful experience to see and use one --the leather is gorgeous, the bag is very nicely made and it is something to be used on a daily basis with pride. Like Apple products, beauty and function work together in a most satisfying way.

That Exo case looks most interesting......

BossHogg
Apr 27, 2010, 07:02 PM
Anyone mind showing it "in action" ? Considering one......but there aren't many pics of the Personal size on anyone. Thanks !

fanchee
Apr 27, 2010, 08:17 PM
I would also like to see the personal edition. Thanks!

MikhailT
Apr 27, 2010, 10:57 PM
Got my SmartCase in Pine yesterday. I love it, it's fit the iPad perfectly.

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 27, 2010, 11:59 PM
I absolutely love, love, love my Muzetto. I got the black one and my Incase Convertible Book Jacket along with my keyboard, wireless headphones, and charger all fit comfortably. Everyone's right. The photos don't do the Muzetto justice.

I also have the ultimate sleeve case and I'm thinking about returning it for the Exo sleeve case or something else. I'm also thinking about getting another Muzetto in a different color.

julieknits
Apr 28, 2010, 12:13 AM
Does anyone here own one of the Waterfield Slip Cases? I'd like to know just how close the fit is. I'd like to keep my iPad (arrives Friday) in something like the Belkin Grip Vue for regular use. Would the Belkin combine OK with the Waterfield? Or would it just make the iPad too big to fit?

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 28, 2010, 12:25 AM
I completely agree that the photos do not do the Muzetto justice. It is truly a wonderful experience to see and use one --the leather is gorgeous, the bag is very nicely made and it is something to be used on a daily basis with pride. Like Apple products, beauty and function work together in a most satisfying way.

That Exo case looks most interesting......

Thanks so much for introducing me, and anyone else, to Waterfield. The Muzetto is wonderful and the craftsmanship is superb. I'm extremely happy with my purchase and your information has been invaluable. :D

Clix Pix
Apr 28, 2010, 11:09 AM
Glad to help! I had first heard of Waterfield when the iPhone came out but never got around to buying anything from them..... I was reminded of them this time around when the Muzetto was mentioned in another thread, and at first look it immediately appealed to me and I am very glad that I bought it!

Spankey
Apr 28, 2010, 11:14 AM
I'd love to see some other colors. The black can look dark brown in certain lighting. How does the Pine look? That would have been my next choice for a more masculine color.

Galley
Apr 28, 2010, 11:30 AM
Does anyone here own one of the Waterfield Slip Cases? I'd like to know just how close the fit is. I'd like to keep my iPad (arrives Friday) in something like the Belkin Grip Vue for regular use. Would the Belkin combine OK with the Waterfield? Or would it just make the iPad too big to fit?

My slip case arrived last week. I am waiting on the 3G to test it, however.

JCT
Apr 28, 2010, 11:42 AM
I'd love to see some other colors. The black can look dark brown in certain lighting. How does the Pine look? That would have been my next choice for a more masculine color.

My Smart Case is in Pine-- it's really nice, not flashy. It would look great on a Muzetto and definitely masculine.

JT

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 28, 2010, 02:29 PM
I'm thinking about ordering 2 more; one Flame and one Pine, but I'm going to wait a bit before I order them.

I really like the way Pearl looks, but I wonder about keeping the white clean. Was anyone brave enough to order the Pearl Muzetto?

JCT
Apr 28, 2010, 03:50 PM
I'm thinking about ordering 2 more; one Flame and one Pine, but I'm going to wait a bit before I order them.

Oh, you are just doomed. I have a closet filled with Waterfield gear. The more you own the more you want and the stuff just never wears out.

Their stuff makes wonderful gifts.

JT

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 28, 2010, 06:02 PM
Oh, you are just doomed. I have a closet filled with Waterfield gear. The more you own the more you want and the stuff just never wears out.

Their stuff makes wonderful gifts.

JT

LOL! I can't believe how happy & satisfied with their craftsmanship. I saw a case for my wireless keyboard and I'm pretty sure I'm going to order that soon. It looks like it'll fit nicely in the Muzetto, plus it will be protected and won't rub up against anything. It's only $37.00, but they're sold out until the 15 th of May.

So, yep, I'm doomed! LOL

Do you have the cargo or cozmo bag?

JCT
Apr 28, 2010, 06:38 PM
Do you have the cargo or cozmo bag?

I have both. See what I mean? :D

I used a taxi small cargo as my daily work bag for years, decided I wanted something new (not that the cargo even showed ANY signs of wear) and let my oldest daughter pick out something new and "different" for me and she went with the small pink/black Cosmo. It's a great bag-- I've traveled all over the world with it and it carries my Air and everything else nicely. What I like about the Cosmo bags is that they stand up on their own-- nice to work out of. I get compliments on it all the time... very unique and functional bag.

Even my husband who hates all bags carries a Waterfield, a 5-yr-old Racer-X for his laptop.

Great stuff!

JT

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 28, 2010, 08:45 PM
I have both. See what I mean? :D

I used a taxi small cargo as my daily work bag for years, decided I wanted something new (not that the cargo even showed ANY signs of wear) and let my oldest daughter pick out something new and "different" for me and she went with the small pink/black Cosmo. It's a great bag-- I've traveled all over the world with it and it carries my Air and everything else nicely. What I like about the Cosmo bags is that they stand up on their own-- nice to work out of. I get compliments on it all the time... very unique and functional bag.

Even my husband who hates all bags carries a Waterfield, a 5-yr-old Racer-X for his laptop.

Great stuff!

JT

Oh no...I feel another puchase coming on...one cosmo, coming up! LOL.

I'm going to check them out some more and probably pick one up after I'm finished shopping for my iPad. Thank for the info, and you're right. My house is going to be filled with Waterfield products...yikes!!!

kenmarable
Apr 29, 2010, 07:13 AM
I have been eyeing the vertical Ultimate Sleevecase but will probably get a skin for my iPad (Beklin Grip Vue or Griffin FlexGrip, I don't know yet).

Anyone know if a skinned iPad will fit in a vertical Ultimate sleevecase, or should I go with the Exo? I'd prefer a snug fit to keep it stable since I walk to and from work (3 miles round trip) and have no plans of getting the Apple case or any other folio style larger case.

LadyHoneyBabe
Apr 29, 2010, 11:51 AM
I have been eyeing the vertical Ultimate Sleevecase but will probably get a skin for my iPad (Beklin Grip Vue or Griffin FlexGrip, I don't know yet).

Anyone know if a skinned iPad will fit in a vertical Ultimate sleevecase, or should I go with the Exo? I'd prefer a snug fit to keep it stable since I walk to and from work (3 miles round trip) and have no plans of getting the Apple case or any other folio style larger case.

The Ultimate Sleevecase is an extremely snug fit. I can barely get my naked iPad in it, so I don't think it would fit with the Belkin Grip Vue on it, so you might want to go with the Exo. I hope you get it because it's a really cool case. If you decide to get the shoulder strap with it, you could have a nice carrying case. :)

Chip NoVaMac
May 1, 2010, 11:16 PM
Wow Clix Pix thanks for posting those pics. I would love to buy the same bag, but the price is holding me back. You've just tempted me even more lol.

Clix (Connie) came by my shop with both in tow - and I was impressed. :)

Loved the protection that the iPad Smart Case gave, and the sort of self cleaning of the screen as well. But the pictures of the Apple case and the Apple BT keyboard was impressive to me.

With Connie and I both being photographers though; do wish the Muzetto Portable was a bit thicker maybe to accommodate a larger P&S camera like the Leica D-Lux 4 sized camera. She and I both enjoy the better photo gear. LOL :)

I do like what I saw, but worry a bit for travel around town that the Muzetto seems to scream "steal me, I hold something expensive". LOL Like the understated looks that the Skooba Netbook/iPad Messenger has from that stand point.

http://www.skoobadesign.com/product/netbook-messenger-81/

jmor
May 2, 2010, 06:14 PM
Do any of you have the larger muzetto bags for say a 13 in macbook, as I have a macbook now and I'm planning on getting an iPad I was wondering what the size differences are and would it be obnoxiously large for just an iPad on days I just want/need to carry that. If anyone has either the iPad or macbook bag could you post a comparision. And last thing, can anyone post what they look like on, when a person is wearing one how big do they look? Thanks again

Clix Pix
May 3, 2010, 12:21 AM
The thing about the Muzetto is that it is casual enough looking that it would be hard to be sure what someone might be carrying in it. Unlike most laptop bags it isn't immediately identified as a bag which could have a computer or iPad in it.... Yes, Chip, I would love to have a little more space in mine to also toss in a Leica.....the M-9 would be nice, thanks! :D

Actually, the Portable Muzetto holds a fair amount of extra stuff such as wallet, sunglasses, keys, etc.....

Today I went to spend the day with a friend. She immediately admired the Muzetto and is considering one for herself and her iPad, too....great for travel and she wouldn't need to take a purse, too.

To answer the question about the 13" bag.....when going to see my friend today I took both iPads (I have both the WiFi and the 3G). One iPad went in the Muzetto and Smart Case and the other,wearing the Belkin Clear Vue, went in the green InCase iPad sleeve. I then stashed this in the 15" InCase case I had bought long ago for my 15" MBP, and it worked a treat. The 13" would have done equally as well, if I had happened to have one.... The reason I took both iPads today was to show my friend some possibilities in accessories and such before we went to her local Apple store for her to get a few things.

It seems to me that buying a 13" Muzetto which could be used with either the MacBook and the iPad would be a great idea!

WLS
May 3, 2010, 01:04 PM
The Ultimate Sleevecase is an extremely snug fit. I can barely get my naked iPad in it, so I don't think it would fit with the Belkin Grip Vue on it, so you might want to go with the Exo. I hope you get it because it's a really cool case. If you decide to get the shoulder strap with it, you could have a nice carrying case. :)

I just ordered the Ultimate Sleeve Case in the vertical and leather bottom with the D rings in case I want to use any of my luggage straps with it. I debated whether to get the Exo but the production back up on that ruled it out in the end. I'm just going to get a screen protector which won't be a problem with the fit and forgo the skin as long as I have the bag to keep it in.
I went for the Priority Mail as I got my 3g Sunday and Precious needs a decent bag! :)

Chip NoVaMac
May 3, 2010, 02:13 PM
The thing about the Muzetto is that it is casual enough looking that it would be hard to be sure what someone might be carrying in it. Unlike most laptop bags it isn't immediately identified as a bag which could have a computer or iPad in it.... Yes, Chip, I would love to have a little more space in mine to also toss in a Leica.....the M-9 would be nice, thanks! :D

Actually, the Portable Muzetto holds a fair amount of extra stuff such as wallet, sunglasses, keys, etc.....

Today I went to spend the day with a friend. She immediately admired the Muzetto and is considering one for herself and her iPad, too....great for travel and she wouldn't need to take a purse, too.

To answer the question about the 13" bag.....when going to see my friend today I took both iPads (I have both the WiFi and the 3G). One iPad went in the Muzetto and Smart Case and the other,wearing the Belkin Clear Vue, went in the green InCase iPad sleeve. I then stashed this in the 15" InCase case I had bought long ago for my 15" MBP, and it worked a treat. The 13" would have done equally as well, if I had happened to have one.... The reason I took both iPads today was to show my friend some possibilities in accessories and such before we went to her local Apple store for her to get a few things.

It seems to me that buying a 13" Muzetto which could be used with either the MacBook and the iPad would be a great idea!

Well Connie I am on the edge here about the Muzetto... LOL Since Skooba is part of the Tenba group - decided to bite the bullet and see what they are like. Figure worse case I can sell them off for what I paid for them if they don't workout :)

Did decide that the Apple case is the one I want after spending some time at the Reston Apple Store. I can deal with the hard use that I saw from the greeter at the door with this case. Wear and tear is a sign of a battle well fought IMO LOL

Just like in the old days of brassing on film cameras....

Clix Pix
May 3, 2010, 02:27 PM
That is interesting that Skooba is part of Tenba! I love the Tenba messenger bag that I have -- really well designed and good, sturdy construction. I have used that Tenba bag for my 17" MBP or one of my cameras at different times. I will be interested in seeing that Skooba bag in person one day....

Much of the time I use the Apple iPad case, both at home and when going out, and I really like it. Well constructed and very functional design. The first couple of times it was a struggle wrestling the iPad in and out of it but now it is no problem. I highly recommend the Apple iPad case.

Just like the perpetual search for the PERFECT camera bag, now there is the search for the PERFECT iPad bag or case!

Galley
May 4, 2010, 05:40 PM
I've been thinking about getting a Muzetto, but now they are back-ordered until the middle of June! :(

julieknits
May 6, 2010, 09:47 PM
I've found a case that will fit inside the Waterfield Slip Case. The SwitchEasy Nude (http://www.switcheasy.com/pr/NUDE_iPad.php) case does fit -- snug, but it definitely fits. I do wish the Belkin would fit as I prefer its feel, but it's way too big. This way I have some scratch protection for the iPad's back and corners. The SwitchEasy also came with a clear static-type screen protector, which I was able to install without any bubbles.

RoarinRow
May 7, 2010, 12:00 AM
Their new iPad Exo case now described on their website. This new sleeve will fit with the Apple iPad Case. Shipping begins May 7.

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/sleevecases-exo-ipad.php

http://sfbags.com/products/ipad-cases/images/ipad_sleevecase_exo_vertical_applecase_md.jpg

Now I'm waiting to hear back if I can exchange my iPad Ultimate SleeveCase, which I got on April 11 and never used.

Woohoo! My Exo case is being shipped tomorrow!

Bigrahizzle
May 7, 2010, 02:01 AM
i got my WF ultimate sleeve case(Vertical) yesterday and its quite nice. Only drawback is that the volume rocker and rotation switch ride along the inside of the case and im quite concerned it might damage it.

I sent an email to WF and they said they will ship me the Horizontal one tomorrow and i can send this one back.

The Samurai
May 7, 2010, 05:48 AM
Waterfield Suede Jacket review here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P50ccw034fg).

Hammie
May 7, 2010, 05:57 AM
You guys are killing me...

I just got a messenger bag for my work laptop and iPad now I see these (again -- I forgot about them being mentioned prior to the original release) and want one for general weekend duties.

I'm thinking Copper, Black, or Pine, but they are backordered through 12 June. Hopefully, some more people will post pics of the other colors in real life so we get a chance to see the options.

I have mine in the Apple Case, but would love a small bag to toss it in when I don't need it out.

Spankey
May 7, 2010, 08:16 AM
I got mine in black and this review has the best pics of the case so far.

http://jcieplinski.posterous.com/review-waterfield-designs-portable-muzetto

RoarinRow
May 7, 2010, 07:31 PM
Woohoo! My Exo case is being shipped tomorrow!

I hate quoting myself, but I got my case today! They said it would ship tonight. The owner Gary must have delivered to my house personally lol.

ovrlrd
May 7, 2010, 07:52 PM
I hate quoting myself, but I got my case today! They said it would ship tonight. The owner Gary must have delivered to my house personally lol.

Mine is currently sitting in a shipping facility not far from where I live so I won't get it until Monday. :(

Guess I should have opted for overnight shipping.

Chip NoVaMac
May 7, 2010, 07:55 PM
Love their cases and sleeves... but want smaller and less gaudy at this point. Will wait for my Skooba bag and sleeve to arrive.... over due now :(

RoarinRow
May 7, 2010, 08:17 PM
Mine is currently sitting in a shipping facility not far from where I live so I won't get it until Monday. :(

Guess I should have opted for overnight shipping.

It will be worth the wait, but I'm sure you wanted it today if you could have had it.

ovrlrd
May 7, 2010, 08:32 PM
It will be worth the wait, but I'm sure you wanted it today if you could have had it.

I didn't go for overnight because I did not think it was shipping until today, it shipped a day earlier than they said. I have no complaints about that though, it means I will get it a day earlier still. Way cool that they were able to do that, it is not like it got delayed or something so I have no reason to be upset. :)

If I was really desperate I bet I could call FedEx and pick it up at the facility early.

It's okay, less than 3 days now, can't wait :)

psychonaut
May 7, 2010, 10:29 PM
Just completed my video on the WaterField SF Bags Sleevecase Ultimate. You can check it out at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ty8eWkQG4w&feature=youtube_gdata

LadyHoneyBabe
May 8, 2010, 02:34 AM
Ordered the wireless keyboard case today, but it doesn't ship until May 18th.

RoarinRow
May 12, 2010, 11:07 PM
I bit the bullet and ordered the Portable Muzetto today (early Father's Day gift to self). Hopefully I can sleep better now that it's on order, at least back order lol.

LadyHoneyBabe
May 15, 2010, 06:22 PM
Just got the wireless keyboard case and it fits nicely in the Muzetto along with my iPad.

Chip NoVaMac
May 15, 2010, 07:14 PM
Ordered the wireless keyboard case today, but it doesn't ship until May 18th.

Thanks for the heads up, did not look deep enough into their website to see this. Never thought of protecting the keyboard before, but makes sense really. But the price! :eek: $37? :confused: LOL

I bit the bullet and ordered the Portable Muzetto today (early Father's Day gift to self). Hopefully I can sleep better now that it's on order, at least back order lol.

Have been lusting in my heart for a Muzetto after Clix came in the store I work at with one. But not practical for me in the long run. :(

Reasons why are:

- Seems to say to me steal/mug me mostly. LOL

- Both me and Clix are photographers, so she will understand this - I want something that will fit the smaller cameras I have. None of which would work/fit with the Muzetto. :(

- No water bottle carrier when I am not worried about looking "cool" LOL

Got to love the script from SFBags though - Dress it up or dress it down. The bulging pants pocket look is out; it's time for the Muzetto. And that is what I like about my everyday iPad bag, the Skooba Netbook/iPad Messenger bag (a review of which I posted here on the MR - http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=916633&highlight=skooba ).

At 14.5"L x 12"H x 3"D it is a bit larger than the Muzetto at 11.5"L x 9.3"H x 2.0"D. Add to that being built like most messenger bags, the material has some give for me to bust the seams. LOL

All that being said... I still lust for the Muzetto bag. :o There are times that I can see myself wanting to take the iPad out on a jaunt - and look classy about it. :)

SchneiderMan
May 15, 2010, 08:04 PM
You can check out my review of the Slip Case for the iPad.

Chip NoVaMac
May 15, 2010, 08:21 PM
You can check out my review of the Slip Case for the iPad.

Link?

TraceyS/FL
May 15, 2010, 08:24 PM
All that being said... I still lust for the Muzetto bag. :o There are times that I can see myself wanting to take the iPad out on a jaunt - and look classy about it. :)

I love my timbuk2 net book messenger, and do shove my oly stylus tough in there, and my 20d would fit if I had too...

But ya, same here, I might not always want the lime green & gray look! Lol!!

Someday I'll get the classy look. :D it might help the post divorce dating thing.... If the stupid divorce is ever going to get done with. :o

SchneiderMan
May 15, 2010, 08:35 PM
Link?

In the sig :)

Edit: Here you go http://cuthut.com/Ld5

Not everyone has signatures displayed.

Oh didn't know that. Thanks.

Galley
May 15, 2010, 08:47 PM

Not everyone has signatures displayed.

Clix Pix
May 15, 2010, 09:25 PM
I love my Muzetto bag but, yes, there are times when I will want to carry a camera and some lenses as well as my iPad. Today was such a day. I simply packed my Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 bag with a camera body, a couple of lenses and the other necessary paraphernalia, and then tucked my iPad into the space set aside for a laptop. Using my InCase neoprene sleeve for the laptop, I stuck that into the compartment, then slipped my iPad, in the Apple case, inside. Voilą!

Chip NoVaMac
May 15, 2010, 09:31 PM
I love my timbuk2 net book messenger, and do shove my oly stylus tough in there, and my 20d would fit if I had too...

But ya, same here, I might not always want the lime green & gray look! Lol!!

Someday I'll get the classy look. :D it might help the post divorce dating thing.... If the stupid divorce is ever going to get done with. :o

Hear you there. :) i am simple guy that is single now and available - but not much in to "flash". LOL Too bad we are sometimes judged on the "accessories" we wear. :(

Would like someone here that did not mind my Skooba over a Muzetto. But here in the DC area we are judged by looks, jobs, money, and where we live. :(

Missed that :)

Thanks.. but want something thinner along the line of the Apple iPad case.... :)

Chip NoVaMac
May 15, 2010, 09:54 PM
I love my Muzetto bag but, yes, there are times when I will want to carry a camera and some lenses as well as my iPad. Today was such a day. I simply packed my Think Tank Urban Disguise 60 bag with a camera body, a couple of lenses and the other necessary paraphernalia, and then tucked my iPad into the space set aside for a laptop. Using my InCase neoprene sleeve for the laptop, I stuck that into the compartment, then slipped my iPad, in the Apple case, inside. Voilą!

Have to take look at the bag.. :) But honestly Clix I am selling off my Nikon gear and going the Olympus M4/3's here.

Did talk with Chris B. (a former Penn Camera member) . from Think Tank at our Tent Event and they are looking in to the Netbook/iPad and and the M4/3's format.

This past Sunday I went out to the National Arboretum with what I think was a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home bag with two bodies with two lenses - the Pani 7-14 and the Pani 14-140. Just wish I could have had the Camera Connector Kit that day... got mine the day after..... LOL

But was at a gathering on Thursday night; and the friends I was with on Sunday loved the pics I took...

MatthewStorm
May 15, 2010, 10:30 PM
Have to take look at the bag.. :) But honestly Clix I am selling off my Nikon gear and going the Olympus M4/3's here.

Totally OT but I had to respond.

Selling your Nikon gear for Olympus? Really? Have you run out of your medication?

Just kidding...but really? What are you selling?

LadyHoneyBabe
May 15, 2010, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up, did not look deep enough into their website to see this. Never thought of protecting the keyboard before, but makes sense really. But the price! :eek: $37? :confused: LOL

$37 is somewhat pricey, but it's so well made, it'll probably last for several years. The reason I got it is I didn't want to take the chance of it ripping the lining inside my lovely Muzetto. So, I think it's worth it. :D

gathart
May 16, 2010, 03:30 AM
and that ridicule I will not sustain.

Hammie
May 16, 2010, 05:47 AM
I went ahead and got a different iPad bag, but am still keeping this one in mind as a secondary bag. I think it really looks great and durable. I'll keep track on this thread to see others reviews and maybe get one for myself around my birthday in September.

Chip NoVaMac
May 16, 2010, 10:10 PM
Totally OT but I had to respond.

Selling your Nikon gear for Olympus? Really? Have you run out of your medication?

Just kidding...but really? What are you selling?

OT post here as well... :)

No I have not run out of meds here. ROFL Just that the m4/3's format and the quality of the images from Olympus suits me just fine. There are many pro and semi-pro shooters that are seeing the Olympus Pen cameras as being the perfect in image quality and color.

As to what I am selling off.. still trying to find the time to get a list together. :) Let me know what you are looking for in a private message and I will get back to you. Have lots of stuff here. :eek:

Sorry if I passed by your post before...

JACathcart
May 17, 2010, 01:53 AM
I just received my Muzetto for my iPad, and wow, am I impressed. It carries everything i need, including the iPad in my Piel Frama case, and is of the highest quality. It's masculine enough that my wife is not embarrased to be seen with me, and rugged enough to endure the extensive travelling that I'm going to do with it. In addition, Waterfield's customer service is absolutely top-notch. When an invoice comes inscribed (by hand) by the company president, wishing you good luck, you know they take great pride in their product and you are in for a treat.

My compliments to the Waterfield family. I am one delighted customer who will be back for more.

TraceyS/FL
May 17, 2010, 05:47 AM

Hear you there. :) i am simple guy that is single now and available - but not much in to "flash". LOL Too bad we are sometimes judged on the "accessories" we wear. :(

Would like someone here that did not mind my Skooba over a Muzetto. But here in the DC area we are judged by looks, jobs, money, and where we live. :(

I've been up to your neck of the woods, have friends up there. Totally different than down this way, which is different than the part of CA I came from......

But i totally can relate. As the Mom to three that keep me busy all day, what I am is what I am.... Timbuk2 bag and all! LOL Heck, next weekend I will be in combat boots at a Civil Air Patrol event. Talk about ruining the "look" :eek: gee, I think I will be in CAP uniform 3 weekends in a row actually. Only the middle one doesn't involve me in boots though, the third involves a tent and no shower. Lord, I'll never get a date! Lol!

On the other hand, I think I've gotten old enough now that i'm not as worried about the look.... Because I'm gunna be me no matter what, except that I still want the classy bag. I'm a sucker for bags.

But hey, I'd be more impressed with you carrying the cameras and gear with the iPad instead of the just the iPad, even if it is Nikon gear ;) :p

So what color are you getting? :cool:

TraceyS/FL
May 17, 2010, 05:48 AM
I just received my Muzetto for my iPad, and wow, am I impressed. It carries everything i need, including the iPad in my Piel Frama case, and is of the highest quality. It's masculine enough that my wife is not embarrased to be seen with me, and rugged enough to endure the extensive travelling that I'm going to do with it. In addition, Waterfield's customer service is absolutely top-notch. When an invoice comes inscribed (by hand) by the company president, wishing you good luck, you know they take great pride in their product and you are in for a treat.

My compliments to the Waterfield family. I am one delighted customer who will be back for more.

That's awesome!!!!

Dang, I have bag envy today. Good thing I'm broke or I'd probably cave!

Chip NoVaMac
May 17, 2010, 09:10 AM
I've been up to your neck of the woods, have friends up there. Totally different than down this way, which is different than the part of CA I came from......

But i totally can relate. As the Mom to three that keep me busy all day, what I am is what I am.... Timbuk2 bag and all! LOL Heck, next weekend I will be in combat boots at a Civil Air Patrol event. Talk about ruining the "look" :eek: gee, I think I will be in CAP uniform 3 weekends in a row actually. Only the middle one doesn't involve me in boots though, the third involves a tent and no shower. Lord, I'll never get a date! Lol!

On the other hand, I think I've gotten old enough now that i'm not as worried about the look.... Because I'm gunna be me no matter what, except that I still want the classy bag. I'm a sucker for bags.

But hey, I'd be more impressed with you carrying the cameras and gear with the iPad instead of the just the iPad, even if it is Nikon gear ;) :p

So what color are you getting? :cool:

The DC area is definitely a place unto its own at times. If it weren't for this area being pretty recession proof, would love to be Chicago, SF. or Dallas maybe (cities that I have spent some time in that I fell for).

And here I thought being in the CAP was all about being in the air and not on the ground. :D More of a jeans and t-shirt guy here, so the Skooba Net Messenger Bag works for me.

But I do clean up well - so for a night out at in Georgetown or at the Kennedy Center the Muzetto would be a nicer "look". :o Guess I am a sucker for bags here as well. LOL I have Clix on here in making me "lust in my heart" for the Muzetto - after she came in to our store wearing hers. :eek: They are really great bags.

<blush> on your being impressed. LOL But it is not Nikon gear, but now Olympus m4/3's gear that I carry around now. Fits the Skooba bag perfectly.

Will end up with a Muzetto in Copper at some point when the mood is right and I don't have to wait till June as of right now to get one delivered. :eek: Sort of the guy that wants things right now. LOL That is why I ended up with the Skooba in Inferno Red as to the black that I wanted as my first choice. It seems that the iPad has created a shortage in netbook compatible bags.

gelie
May 17, 2010, 09:54 AM
Received my EXO sleeve ipad case on Saturday(ordered on Tuesday) Great quality and fit. The Apple case fits in very nice. No more worrys about throwing the ipad in bag .

TraceyS/FL
May 17, 2010, 10:19 AM
Will end up with a Muzetto in Copper at some point when the mood is right and I don't have to wait till June as of right now to get one delivered. :eek: Sort of the guy that wants things right now. LOL That is why I ended up with the Skooba in Inferno Red as to the black that I wanted as my first choice. It seems that the iPad has created a shortage in netbook compatible bags.

I'm not patient either. I'd actually order one on pre-order if i thought i'd have the money stockpiled by then!

But gee Chip, red bags rock :D

peskaa
May 17, 2010, 11:31 AM
Any more photos of these? I'm interested in the green colour in particular.

Galley
May 17, 2010, 06:25 PM
I broke down and ordered a 10" Portable Muzetto in flame. Too bad it may take 6 weeks to arrive.

Hammie
May 17, 2010, 08:25 PM
Can anyone confirm whether they bill before they ship or once they ship?

I'm so jonesing to get one of these. My wife would kill me after the last bag I bought so I don't want both to come on the same statement.

Chip NoVaMac
May 17, 2010, 09:18 PM
Can anyone confirm whether they bill before they ship or once they ship?

I'm so jonesing to get one of these. My wife would kill me after the last bag I bought so I don't want both to come on the same statement.

Think the law is that they can't bill you till it is ready to ship. However they can do it as a deposit for future delivery and charge you right away...

Clix Pix
May 18, 2010, 11:16 AM
They didn't charge my card until the items shipped.

spinstorm
Jun 4, 2010, 03:50 PM
Has anyone got a muzetto bag they want to sell or no anywhere I can get one without having to pre order for the next production run?

Please PM me. Thanks.

Shinigami301
Jun 5, 2010, 05:28 PM
and that ridicule I will not sustain.

LOL. I guess it depends on where you are- in Tokyo it's unusual to see a man NOT carrying a man-purse.

I love my Waterfield bags some lots. Have nearly a dozen of various WF bags and they're all excellent.

RoarinRow
Jun 5, 2010, 07:21 PM
Still waiting for mine to come. Hopefully it will be with the mid-June batch. :D

RoarinRow
Jun 7, 2010, 01:54 PM
Wow, whoever buys any Muzetto bag is looking at an early August delivery (according to their website) :eek:

Hammie
Jun 7, 2010, 03:02 PM
Wow, whoever buys any Muzetto bag is looking at an early August delivery (according to their website) :eek:

When I ordered mine last week, it was still July. Hopefully, it still comes in July. Fortunately, I have two other bags to tide me over until then. :)

Spankey
Jun 8, 2010, 12:49 PM
When I ordered mine last week, it was still July. Hopefully, it still comes in July. Fortunately, I have two other bags to tide me over until then. :)

The wait will be well worth it. I got mine earlier than the date I was given. Still love my Muzetto.

bidwalj
Jun 8, 2010, 09:08 PM
If someone is serious about buying, I have one for sale. It's the personal size in copper and its only a month old and in BRAND new shape. Ill let it go for 180. I paid 209 with shipping and tax.

I love the bag and is top quality. I bought the bag since I was going to be working in DC for a month (work for the govt) and used it to get my iPad around town. Im almost done with my detail here in dc (go back to the bay area fri). I like the quality so much that I'm going to get a bigger one (even better work pays for it) so i can use it to carry both my work issued laptop and my iPad.

Chip this is your chance! I have the color you want and I'm in your town so you can pick it up (Alexandria to be exact)

yvrgal
Jun 8, 2010, 09:29 PM
Waterfield Designs is the Apple for accessories. I have the VertiGo Bag and Exo sleeve. Both are great quality items. I'm going to order the Muzetto but I will have to wait for the August production now. Oh well. Guess I waited too long. Still undecided on the color.

I love my Waterfield items. :-)

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x84/yvrgal/DSC00431.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x84/yvrgal/DSC00432.jpg

Rickhuizinga
Jun 10, 2010, 10:17 AM
If someone is serious about buying, I have one for sale. It's the personal size in copper and its only a month old and in BRAND new shape. Ill let it go for 180. I paid 209 with shipping and tax.

I love the bag and is top quality. I bought the bag since I was going to be working in DC for a month (work for the govt) and used it to get my iPad around town. Im almost done with my detail here in dc (go back to the bay area fri). I like the quality so much that I'm going to get a bigger one (even better work pays for it) so i can use it to carry both my work issued laptop and my iPad.

Chip this is your chance! I have the color you want and I'm in your town so you can pick it up (Alexandria to be exact)

How do I contact you? This forum doesn't allow private messages.

You can reach me at @rickhuizinga on Twitter

Hammie
Jun 10, 2010, 11:10 AM
How do I contact you? This forum doesn't allow private messages.

You can reach me at @rickhuizinga on Twitter

If you click on their name, you should be able to e-mail them.

EDIT: I just realized that you are new. I think you. Need five or ten posts before you can IM other people.

Galley
Jun 17, 2010, 09:13 PM
My Muzetto will ship on Jun. 21st. I was beginning to get worried! :)

Hammie
Jun 17, 2010, 10:57 PM
I just received my update e-mail letting me know that mine will ship by 15 July 2010.

RoarinRow
Jun 17, 2010, 11:35 PM
My Muzetto will ship on Jun. 21st. I was beginning to get worried! :)

I'll be getting mine the same week. It's not going to be a good billing cycle with this bag and two iPhone 4's lol

sandydlc
Jun 18, 2010, 02:39 PM
Just got back from a business trip and was able to take only my (10") Muzetto bag as a carry-on!! I packed just what I needed: iPad, iPhone, small wallet, chapstick/lip gloss, cash, Shure headphones, charger for iPad (just in case), magazine and a pack of gum. Really the bare minimum but I didn't bring anything that I didn't need.

I was really happy with the slim design of the bag and the spaciousness of the pockets. For a short trip, it's just perfect. If I was going away for a longer trip and bringing my larger Bose headphones, Kindle, etc, I would need one of my other bags.

During the conference I attended yesterday I got many compliments on my bag and my friend who now desperately wants to get one was dismayed that they're not available until July now.

Anyway, great bag, and tremendous quality!!

Sandy

malbright
Jun 18, 2010, 03:39 PM
I'm in London at the moment with my Muzetto, and I can't tell you how many compliments I get on it. In the Tube, in a museum, at the mall ... people stop me to ask me where I got it. At the Regent Street store I must've had 20 people around me as I was demonstrating how fantastic this bag is.

Oh, and the Exo Sleeve is also a huge hit.

Here in Europe, practically everybody carries around a bag of one kind or another. I've never seen any as nice as my Waterfield.

Plus, it's just an all-around wonderful company. Great people, fantastic service, top quality, true attention to detail.

Well worth the wait, believe it.

Hey Jude
Jun 19, 2010, 03:55 PM
According to their website, they're in their August production. I wonder when my bag will ship.

Jude

skinnerband
Jun 23, 2010, 10:06 PM
Just to let those waiting for their mid to late-June production Muzettos know, they've started shipping! My 10" Portable (Flame) arrived yesterday and it's hard to believe but it's even nicer than I expected. It's true that the pictures don't do it justice (and the pictures are great on this forum.) Needless to say, two minutes after it arrived I was back on sfbags.com ordering the Smart Case to match...

It's also true that the customer service of Waterfield is second to none.

I'm doomed. Next ... what bag for my MacBook Pro?

Thanks to all you awesome MR forum posters for sharing your knowledge :)

RoarinRow
Jun 23, 2010, 10:51 PM
Just to let those waiting for their mid to late-June production Muzettos know, they've started shipping! My 10" Portable (Flame) arrived yesterday and it's hard to believe but it's even nicer than I expected. It's true that the pictures don't do it justice (and the pictures are great on this forum.) Needless to say, two minutes after it arrived I was back on sfbags.com ordering the Smart Case to match...

It's also true that the customer service of Waterfield is second to none.

I'm doomed. Next ... what bag for my MacBook Pro?

Thanks to all you awesome MR forum posters for sharing your knowledge :)

Ah lucky you. I'm still waiting for mine. Gary sent me an email today saying that it should be shipping soon.

I'm sure I'll be back too to get one of their iPhone 4.0 cases.

RoarinRow
Jun 25, 2010, 03:51 PM
I finally got my Personal Muzetto today! She's a beauty!

Galley
Jun 26, 2010, 01:55 PM
I just got mine! The flame color is perfect. I was hesitant to order the flame color at first because in this review (http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5071&review=waterfield+muzetto+laptop+bag), it appeared to almost be fluorescent.
The one thing I was worried about was that it would be a hassle removing my WaterField iPad Slip Case from the Muzetto, and then having to remove the iPad, but I've been able to pull the iPad out, and the Slip Case stays in place. :D

RoarinRow
Jun 26, 2010, 02:18 PM
I just got mine! The flame color is perfect. I was hesitant to order the flame color at first because in this review (http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=5071&review=waterfield+muzetto+laptop+bag), it appeared to almost be fluorescent.
The one thing I was worried about was that it would be a hassle removing my WaterField iPad Slip Case from the Muzetto, and then having to remove the iPad, but I've been able to pull the iPad out, and the Slip Case stays in place. :D

I should have ordered the slip case too, but I had bought the Exo case and it is an extra step to remove out of that case to get to the iPad. Instead I'm just leaving it in my Apple cover and just throwing it in the Muzetto by itself. The bag is heavily padded with all that leather.

gigaguy
Jun 26, 2010, 08:50 PM
RoarinRow, I'm looking at the Exo,
I sent you a priv msg.

RoarinRow
Jun 26, 2010, 09:33 PM
RoarinRow, I'm looking at the Exo,
I sent you a priv msg.

Sorry for the late reply. Just saw your message and replied via PM.

Thanks,
Ro

bcaslis
Jun 29, 2010, 05:28 PM
Anyone here have both the Tom Bihn Ristretto and the Waterfield Muzetto? I've had the Ristretto for about three weeks and the Muzetto arrived on Saturday. While the Muzetto certainly is high quality leather, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The shoulder strap is terrible and non-removable (this was a surprise to me) compared to the Tom Bihn Absolute strap. The Tom Bihn bag also has a number of little o ring connectors inside that you can attach little organizer bags on. The Muzetto doesn't have anything like this.

I'm not saying the Muzetto is bad bag, it's not. But after waiting all this time for it, after getting it I'm not sure I like it as well as the Tom Bihn. Anyone else compared the two bags?

gapdev
Jun 29, 2010, 09:17 PM
I'm a bit underwhelmed

I feel the same. It's good quality and looks OK, but I'm not sure it was worth the wait, or the price. And, it's big! My iPad disappears inside.

I guess you are supposed to put your iPad in a SleeveCase and then put the SleeveCase inside the Muzetto. So, when I have a lot of stuff to carry around I'll use the Muzetto and when I just need to carry the iPad I'll use the SleeveCase.

My biggest disappointment is the permanently attached shoulder strap.

Kenny

bcaslis
Jun 29, 2010, 10:11 PM
I think the shoulder strap is my primary disappointment. It's one thing to be subpar at this price but to be subpar and permanently attached makes no sense to me. Does yours have large thick black seams at the bottom of the main compartment? I've not seen anything like that before.

RoarinRow
Jun 29, 2010, 11:40 PM
I like my Muzetto and have no regrets! It serves it's purpose which is to hold my iPad, look stylish, and have a little more room for other items such as my checkbook, house keys, detachable face stereo etc.

The permanent strap doesn't bother me because there is no middle handle to carry it otherwise. Of course I would have loved it even more if the price was lower, but it's the price I pay to protect my investment.

TraceyS/FL
Jun 30, 2010, 02:46 AM
I think the shoulder strap is my primary disappointment. It's one thing to be subpar at this price but to be subpar and permanently attached makes no sense to me. Does yours have large thick black seams at the bottom of the main compartment? I've not seen anything like that before.

A removable strap would ruin the look of this bag, I can't imagine it at all! Clean classic lines is what I see....

The Tom bihn one reminds me of my timbukt2 bag, a workhorse but not the classier look I'm wanting in the muzetto. You know, a bag that doesn't scream I'm carrying electronics around.

Anyway, choice is good, can you return it?

bcaslis
Jun 30, 2010, 09:11 AM
A removable strap would ruin the look of this bag, I can't imagine it at all! Clean classic lines is what I see....

The Tom bihn one reminds me of my timbukt2 bag, a workhorse but not the classier look I'm wanting in the muzetto. You know, a bag that doesn't scream I'm carrying electronics around.

Anyway, choice is good, can you return it?

I haven't contacted Waterfield yet so I dont know if it can be returned. Does yours have thick black seams inside the main compartment at the bottom?

TraceyS/FL
Jun 30, 2010, 09:59 AM
I haven't contacted Waterfield yet so I dont know if it can be returned. Does yours have thick black seams inside the main compartment at the bottom?

I don't have one yet. I'm trying to figure out if i can actually save up enough money for one to treat myself for my birthday in November!

Galley
Jun 30, 2010, 06:38 PM

Returning your Muzetto shouldn't be a problem. Their customer service is top-notch. The Muzetto has thick black seams, because the outside of the case is seamless.

RoarinRow
Jun 30, 2010, 08:58 PM
No way I'm returning mine. I just conditioned it. It's a nice deep brown now.

nixiemaiden
Jul 1, 2010, 07:39 AM
I absolutely love this bag and am so tempted to order one but I kind of want something more girly. I want something that I can use as a purse even if I'm not carrying my ipad but that will be big enough to hold my ipad if I want to bring it.

If this bag came horizontal instead of vertical I would buy it in a second. I just think that with it being vertical it would be too easy to get little things lost on the bottom :/

I have found a lot of purses on amazon that I want but they are only listing the external dimensions if they are listing dimensions at all so I have no idea if it would fit!

I just want something that doesn't look like a laptop bag so I can carry it everywhere with me with or without my ipad in it.

Hammie
Jul 1, 2010, 08:14 AM
I absolutely love this bag and am so tempted to order one but I kind of want something more girly. I want something that I can use as a purse even if I'm not carrying my ipad but that will be big enough to hold my ipad if I want to bring it.

If this bag came horizontal instead of vertical I would buy it in a second. I just think that with it being vertical it would be too easy to get little things lost on the bottom :/

I have found a lot of purses on amazon that I want but they are only listing the external dimensions if they are listing dimensions at all so I have no idea if it would fit!

I just want something that doesn't look like a laptop bag so I can carry it everywhere with me with or without my ipad in it.

My wife's new requirement when handbag shopping is whether her iPad will fit inside in addition to her other stuff.

Clix Pix
Jul 1, 2010, 10:18 AM

Take a look at the Hipster by Vera Bradley. It works nicely as a purse on its own or as a way to carry your iPad with you everywhere. Definitely more "girly!"

nixiemaiden
Jul 1, 2010, 10:25 AM
My wife's new requirement when handbag shopping is whether her iPad will fit inside in addition to her other stuff.

Has she gotten one yet? I don't want to bring my ipad to the store to try it out inside of a bunch of handbags and for some reason all of the dimensions on handbags that aren't designed specifically for laptops are external measurements.

I am kind of liking this bag here:

http://www.sperrytopsider.com/commonimages/sperry/700x700/7824683_1_700x700.jpg

however the only thing i like about it is the cut and the fact that it has a cellphone pocket on the side. I want something similar but nice leather and with nicer buckles than plastic clasps. But then I feel like I am getting into all of these bags that are listed as "handbags for men".

I might just find something that is about the size of my ipad and go to the fossil store or something. They have a lot of really nice ones. These doesn't look too boyish. I wonder how the size would be...

http://www.zappos.com/fossil-lizette-messenger-saddle

http://www.zappos.com/fossil-sutter-large-top-zip-black

RoarinRow
Jul 1, 2010, 01:06 PM

The Personal Muzetto is a perfect size for the iPad and small accessories. Buy if you are going to use it as an everyday bag, it might be too small depending on what you have to carry around. It's not that wide of a bag to fit other stuff, i.e. it has a slim profile.

TraceyS/FL
Jul 1, 2010, 01:20 PM
Take a look at the Hipster by Vera Bradley. It works nicely as a purse on its own or as a way to carry your iPad with you everywhere. Definitely more "girly!"

Hey Clix, do you have the new or old one? I discovered the other day there is a difference. Which led me to etsy to look for something similar with different fabric. All the hipsters we're sold out in fabrics I liked.

Otheerwise, I'm coveting a bag from this seller on I see she has added more fabrics since i picked out the last one.....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50495146/padded-ipad-cozy-with-cross-body-strap?ref=sr_gallery_15&ga_search_query=iPad+bag&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=6&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

nixiemaiden
Jul 1, 2010, 03:12 PM
I love the shape and size of these bags but I am just not really a fan of the prints. They do look really nice but I want something that is more plain. Otherwise I am going to end up buying 20 bags in 20 different color schemes so I always have something that matches haha.

I'm looking at this one right now:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49636813/apple-ipad-computer-travel-bag-by-borsa

It is a little bit busier than I like but I think it will be ok for multiple situations since it is just black/grey/white.

TraceyS/FL
Jul 1, 2010, 05:35 PM
I love the shape and size of these bags but I am just not really a fan of the prints. They do look really nice but I want something that is more plain. Otherwise I am going to end up buying 20 bags in 20 different color schemes so I always have something that matches haha.

I'm looking at this one right now:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/49636813/apple-ipad-computer-travel-bag-by-borsa

It is a little bit busier than I like but I think it will be ok for multiple situations since it is just black/grey/white.

I know what you mean about the prints. I cover the green and blue geometric print, but like it goes with much??

Did you see the black swirl at the bottom of her blog of fabrics? She has some others on there too that id like more than i thought. But the practical side of me says the black would be good.... Of course, at this price i could buy more than one vs the muzetto too! LOL!

http://www.carryacutebag.blogspot.com/

I like that one you linked too, but i don't think I'd like the zipper at the top. I was wondering if the other lady would make the flap longer like the muzetto and leave off the Velcro.

Not sure.

But I'm tempted by the pretty prints..... Not that I have anywhere to go to USE it, my timbuk2 kinda matches my life at the moment.

nixiemaiden
Jul 1, 2010, 08:11 PM
I ended up ordering this one.

http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.154291656.jpg

From Janine king designs. I didn't even think about the zipper...hopefully it won't be a problem. If it works well I will probably check out a few more.

Clix Pix
Jul 1, 2010, 08:40 PM
Hey Clix, do you have the new or old one? I discovered the other day there is a difference. Which led me to etsy to look for something similar with different fabric. All the hipsters we're sold out in fabrics I liked.

Otheerwise, I'm coveting a bag from this seller on I see she has added more fabrics since i picked out the last one.....

http://www.etsy.com/listing/50495146/padded-ipad-cozy-with-cross-body-strap?ref=sr_gallery_15&ga_search_query=iPad+bag&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=6&order=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title

New or old? Uh......I dunno! All I know is that right after I bought my first iPad, back in the beginning of April, I was wandering around the shopping center and happened into the Vera Bradley shop there and wound up with a bag which really works nicely with my iPad and the other stuff I usually carry. I'm not a really "girly" person so I don't always carry this bag, I actually prefer my Waterfield Muzetto bag, but the Vera Bradley does do a nice job when I want to be a little more feminine......

I have never ordered anything from any Etsy dealer so cannot answer as to how satisfactory a purchase there would be.

Hammie
Jul 1, 2010, 10:06 PM
Can we move this back to a Muzetto discussion?

Thanks.

RoarinRow
Jul 1, 2010, 10:23 PM

Thanks.

I also picked up the Cableguy bag to put misc cords and stuff - http://www.sfbags.com/products/cableguy/cableguy.htm

Ok we're back on track :D

TraceyS/FL
Jul 2, 2010, 08:58 AM

Thanks.
Sorry, we women tend to go go with the flow and share info without thinking. At least that is what i have discovered in my years posting on scrapbooking forums!

I created a thread on it's own for the Etsy bags (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10420665#post10420665).

I also picked up the Cableguy bag to put misc cords and stuff - http://www.sfbags.com/products/cableguy/cableguy.htm

Ok we're back on track :D
Which size did you get? Does it fit in the bag too? :D

Hammie
Jul 2, 2010, 09:18 AM
Sorry, we women tend to go go with the flow and share info without thinking. At least that is what i have discovered in my years posting on scrapbooking forums!

I created a thread on it's own for the Etsy bags (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10420665#post10420665).

No worries, Tracey. I totally understand we guys can do the same sometimes. ;)

I don't mind hearing about different bags, but it was just starting to get too OT. I appreciate the new thread. I'm sure it will help others. Thanks and god luck with the etsy bags :)

RoarinRow
Jul 2, 2010, 03:48 PM

Hi Tracey,

I got the small size and it does fit in the bag. I wouldn't get anything bigger than that or else it take over the whole bag lol.

wodeh
Jul 7, 2010, 05:30 PM
Just posted up my review and photos of the Waterfield iPad Smart Case here: http://www.gadgetoid.com/2010/07/07/waterfield-ipad-smart-case-review/

It's definitely well made!

jmor
Jul 8, 2010, 10:33 AM
It's beautiful that plus the flame muzetto I have been eyeing for months, except I want a bigger one to hold my laptop as well so maybe the 13 or 15 inch one for the laptop on some days and the ipad on others or both, decisions decisions ...

jackwins
Jul 8, 2010, 10:42 AM
All, my iPad has the Bodyguardz protective film on the front and back. Will it still be able to slide in and out of the Smart Case? It is lined in microsuede.

Hammie
Jul 10, 2010, 09:41 AM
I got my 10" bag in Copper yesterday. Very nice bag. Well built. Wife likes it. I like it.

My only concern is whether it will be too small for my needs. I have been carrying a bag that is 12" wide and 11" high, so this is quite a bit smaller. I certainly cannot carry my kids DS's while I have this bag with me.

I'll post pics later today.

RoarinRow
Jul 10, 2010, 10:01 AM
I got my 10" bag in Copper yesterday. Very nice bag. Well built. Wife likes it. I like it.

My only concern is whether it will be too small for my needs. I have been carrying a bag that is 12" wide and 11" high, so this is quite a bit smaller. I certainly cannot carry my kids DS's while I have this bag with me.

I know what you mean. Just wish it was a tad thicker as far as available space is concerned. The rear main compartment fits the iPad with Apple case, my checkbook and small cable bag. The front compartment is just tight enough to put my kids snacks, a felt wipe for the screen, and a small bottle of Tylenol. The rear outside pocket barely fits my house keys lol.

gigaguy
Jul 10, 2010, 11:28 AM
I just got their Exo iPad case with piggy back case and shoulder strap.
It's nice but I wish the case were a tighter fit, it's a little baggie but you can't fit anything else in there so they should have it smaller, and yes I use the apple case inside it.
I may go back to my STM jacket case, it's cheaper nylon but also has a snug pocket for the iPhone.
Still looking for the (my) perfect carrying case...I guess.

TraceyS/FL
Jul 10, 2010, 01:18 PM

Were you hoping to replace the bigger bags with it and still carry "stuff"? I look at it as a "non-stuff" bag... if i can shove my basics in there i will be happy. Phone, Touch, DL/Debit card. If i need more, that is what the Timbuk2 is for.

I know what you mean. Just wish it was a tad thicker as far as available space is concerned. The rear main compartment fits the iPad with Apple case, my checkbook and small cable bag. The front compartment is just tight enough to put my kids snacks, a felt wipe for the screen, and a small bottle of Tylenol. The rear outside pocket barely fits my house keys lol.

It actually sounds like you are getting a lot in there! Can you post a picture with it all?

I'm still pondering my direction - i have time since it would hopefully be my birthday treat and that isn't until Thanksgiving! :D

RoarinRow
Jul 10, 2010, 01:45 PM
Were you hoping to replace the bigger bags with it and still carry "stuff"? I look at it as a "non-stuff" bag... if i can shove my basics in there i will be happy. Phone, Touch, DL/Debit card. If i need more, that is what the Timbuk2 is for.

It actually sounds like you are getting a lot in there! Can you post a picture with it all?

I'm still pondering my direction - i have time since it would hopefully be my birthday treat and that isn't until Thanksgiving! :D

Here are some picture. Hopefully it uploaded :D

RoarinRow
Jul 10, 2010, 01:47 PM
2 more :D As you can see from these last two pics, it's kinda a tight squeeze, but workable.

Hammie
Jul 10, 2010, 02:30 PM

No, not replace, but compliment. I love the size of my bigger bags. I almost bought another bag like my gray one except in dark brown last night.

I carried my Muzetto while walking over to Starbucks this morning. It was nice and I actually was able to squeeze a single DS in it and it was not too bulky.

I'm watching the World Cup game now (and checking the forums during halftime), but I'll take pics and upload them after the game ends.

TraceyS/FL
Jul 10, 2010, 05:56 PM
2 more :D As you can see from these last two pics, it's kinda a tight squeeze, but workable.
Thanks!! I think i could make this work... Especially since i make my kids carry their own snacks :D
No, not replace, but compliment. I love the size of my bigger bags. I almost bought another bag like my gray one except in dark brown last night.

I carried my Muzetto while walking over to Starbucks this morning. It was nice and I actually was able to squeeze a single DS in it and it was not too bulky.

I'm watching the World Cup game now (and checking the forums during halftime), but I'll take pics and upload them after the game ends.

I'm ever so thankful that my kids got a Touch instead of the DS's, much smaller and no cartridges! LOL! Mine however are responsible for their own junk these days. They got lands end bags with their names on them for Christmas and they have to use those when we go places (this really helped on the taking too much to grandma's, the rule now is, it doesn't fit, it doesn't go!). They have smaller bags they use for shorter trips.

Not to say that isn't perfect either, but it helps and works for where we live and their ages. If i was in the city it would be a bigger deal than here in retirementville! :)

But since you need to carry the DS's, i wonder if the next size up would have worked better for you?

RoarinRow
Jul 10, 2010, 10:26 PM
Not entirely related to this thread, but still part of the W/F family. I pre-ordered this iPhone bag that works with the Apple Bumper to match my Muzetto bag. I think I have a problem.

"Hi my name is Rolando, I am a bag-a-holic" :D

http://sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/smartcase-iphone.php

TraceyS/FL
Jul 11, 2010, 05:08 AM
Not entirely related to this thread, but still part of the W/F family. I pre-ordered this iPhone bag that works with the Apple Bumper to match my Muzetto bag. I think I have a problem.

"Hi my name is Rolando, I am a bag-a-holic" :D

http://sfbags.com/products/iphone-cases/smartcase-iphone.php

Bwahahahahaha, I just sent a friend a message that confessed to being a bag w**** wannabe :p if only I could buy what I wanted!

So, slip, clip or flap?????? :cool:

RoarinRow
Jul 11, 2010, 09:10 AM
Bwahahahahaha, I just sent a friend a message that confessed to being a bag w**** wannabe :p if only I could buy what I wanted!

So, slip, clip or flap?????? :cool:

Haha in that case call me a bag man-whore lol. I went with the clip like the nerd I am.

Hammie
Jul 17, 2010, 06:30 PM
Well, I've decided that I am going to sell my Copper Muzetto. I don't use it enough to justify keeping.

It is a great bag, just a little on the small side for my needs. That is why I rarely use it.

diegosilang
Jul 17, 2010, 10:41 PM
Well, I've decided that I am going to sell my Copper Muzetto. I don't use it enough to justify keeping.

It is a great bag, just a little on the small side for my needs. That is why I rarely use it.

Hammie, I am interested in purchasing the muzetto, even if the copper is my second choice. What size do you have and how much do you want for it? PM me please :p

Hammie
Jul 18, 2010, 08:21 AM
Hammie, I am interested in purchasing the muzetto, even if the copper is my second choice. What size do you have and how much do you want for it? PM me please :p

I could not PM you.

There is already an interested party. However, if the deal falls through, I will contact you about it.

diegosilang
Jul 18, 2010, 10:24 AM
Thanks Hammie. Since the Muzetto's are backordered and I need one for an upcoming trip, I will just go ahead and buy the Levenger Bomber jacket messenger bag which is available right now.

HTTP://www.LevImage.com/IMAGE/PRODUCTS/BRIEFCASES_BAGS/AL7405_E_FY_0408.jpg

TraceyS/FL
Jul 18, 2010, 11:52 AM
Thanks Hammie. Since the Muzetto's are backordered and I need one for an upcoming trip, I will just go ahead and buy the Levenger Bomber jacket messenger bag which is available right now.

HTTP://www.LevImage.com/IMAGE/PRODUCTS/BRIEFCASES_BAGS/AL7405_E_FY_0408.jpg

Will you post pics when you get it? Thanks!!

Hey Jude
Aug 5, 2010, 12:23 PM
Muzetto bags will begin shipping on August 10th for those whose orders are from the August production run.

Jude

tangje
Oct 22, 2010, 09:09 AM
I just got my new Muzetto from the latest production run. An interesting change is that they have moved to a removable strap.

The quality is top-notch as expected from Waterfield (I have several other products). However, I am quite surprised by the appearance of the leather. I can appreciate that because it is a natural product that there will be variations but the bag I received is considerably lighter in colour than I expected and does not appear to have the same sanded finish described on their website.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Anyway, I have attached a photo of my bag. Any comments would be appreciated.

[http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7563/img0114yt.th.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/img0114yt.jpg/)

xamkil83
Oct 22, 2010, 10:13 PM
I just got my new Muzetto from the latest production run. An interesting change is that they have moved to a removable strap.

The quality is top-notch as expected from Waterfield (I have several other products). However, I am quite surprised by the appearance of the leather. I can appreciate that because it is a natural product that there will be variations but the bag I received is considerably lighter in colour than I expected and does not appear to have the same sanded finish described on their website.

Has anyone else noticed this or is it just me? Anyway, I have attached a photo of my bag. Any comments would be appreciated.

[http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/7563/img0114yt.th.jpg (http://img41.imageshack.us/i/img0114yt.jpg/)

@tangje

Can you please add a picture of the "removable strap". I am still waiting for my bag to arrive and I would like to see the different strap. Also the leather of your bag does look lighter almost tan, defiantly not the brown leather shown in the pictures on their site. You were also right about the finish...not sanded, I would contact them about it. They will probably send you a new one.

Doublemint1984
Oct 23, 2010, 02:05 AM
I received my portable muzetto a few days ago and it looks the same as in the picture posted above. I also got the removable strap. I like the look, but it definitely isn't the same finish as shown on the pictures on their website.

In a mail I got informed that my order will be delayed due to Waterfield having to send a couple of batches of leather back because they weren't meeting their high standards.

tangje
Oct 23, 2010, 08:49 AM
@tangje

Can you please add a picture of the "removable strap". I am still waiting for my bag to arrive and I would like to see the different strap. Also the leather of your bag does look lighter almost tan, defiantly not the brown leather shown in the pictures on their site. You were also right about the finish...not sanded, I would contact them about it. They will probably send you a new one.

@xamkil

Sure thing. The hardware appears to be different from that used in their other removable straps.

It seems that there is no doubt the bag I have is quite different from the ones shown on their website. What I would love is if someone who has an "original" Muzetto (darker brown, rich colour, sanded) can confirm whether these newer ones are as far off as I think.

JonMPLS
Oct 23, 2010, 08:50 AM
OK, I admit it--I now carry a purse! Only the iPad would get me to do this!

So far I have a XS Timbuk2 (kind of small for extra items), a S Timbuk 2 (good for travel) but my favorite daily is the Chrome Vega. Few colors on their site at the moment, but Zappos and others have more in stock. I went this this color combo, Brown/black.

Two possible pockets for the iPad. If yours in naked, there is a pocket just in front of the large one that fits quite precisely. if your iPad is in a case, however, you will probably use the larger one behind. For photos, there is a preview on iLounge.

It also has a very comfortable strap from seat-belt fabric. My only complaint, which seems to be common in messenger bags, is that the added pockets are typically sewn flat, so you can get very little into them.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-54299759066049_2127_518970696

mac jones
Oct 23, 2010, 02:24 PM
@xamkil

Sure thing. The hardware appears to be different from that used in their other removable straps.

It seems that there is no doubt the bag I have is quite different from the ones shown on their website. What I would love is if someone who has an "original" Muzetto (darker brown, rich colour, sanded) can confirm whether these newer ones are as far off as I think.

I have a protable and also ordered a personal. (I know :o )

So I will be able to see whats with the new ones. If it's of inferior quality i'm going to just return it. (these are pretty expensive-but very nice)

But I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't like it return it but comparisons from photos is fruitless IMO.

And I don't really know what you mean by "sanded".

Perhaps you should return it if you are suspicious that the quality has gone down and 'will improve later', if you know what I mean-if you think you got one from a bad batch.
Cuz if they ain't gonna improve what's the point?

I would suspect it's probably just a unclear photo issue.

Note: they must have caved to user requests with the removable straps. Personally, I find them a pain as they become un-alligned more often (when you go to but it over your shoulder its tangled)

xamkil83
Oct 23, 2010, 03:37 PM
@xamkil

I have a protable and also ordered a personal. (I know :o )

So I will be able to see whats with the new ones. If it's of inferior quality i'm going to just return it. (these are pretty expensive-but very nice)

But I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't like it return it but comparisons from photos is fruitless IMO.

And I don't really know what you mean by "sanded".

Perhaps you should return it if you are suspicious that the quality has gone down and 'will improve later', if you know what I mean-if you think you got one from a bad batch.
Cuz if they ain't gonna improve what's the point?

I would suspect it's probably just a unclear photo issue.

Note: they must have caved to user requests with the removable straps. Personally, I find them a pain as they become un-alligned more often (when you go to but it over your shoulder its tangled)

@tangje

Thanks for the other picture with the strap. I was curious about how it would look, but it actually looks good. I just wonder why they would make the strap removable since there is no handle on the bag...but at least the made it look good.

@mac jones

I agree with you...if i get the bag and am unhappy with it it WILL be going back. Hopefully it will be awesome though...I have read so many reviews about the muzetto bag and SFBags in general that all say their quality is amazing. Hopefully that will be the case. I have also found that their customer service is great over email...by phone is not so great...because you can never reach anyone. I am also not the biggest fan of removable straps that is why i got worried there for a second but after seeing the pictures it looks well done and I actually think it will look nice on the bag. Definitely not a deal breaker, it would just be nice if they listed that addition on their web site...so you really know what you are getting.

I really cant wait for my bag to arrive...I also cant wait for my new leather adjenda case from vaja cases to arrive. I really think it will look nice in this bag as well. Thanks everyone for the pictures.

TraceyS/FL
Oct 24, 2010, 07:47 AM
I am not excited about the removable strap look. In fact on the bag i made myself i thought i wanted them, and have D rings right now, and I'm getting ready to just sew the strap to the bag and be done with the mess the strap is.

The lighter color isn't working for me either.....

I need to see more pics, at different angles, further away i think to decide. I think i might be able to order one around my birthday, but right now i won't be doing so.

I think i will plot out my next homemade version instead for now and keep watching from the sidelines.

Oh and the new color won't match the new shoes i just got! LOL!!

Hey Jude
Oct 24, 2010, 08:41 PM
@xamkil

What I would love is if someone who has an "original" Muzetto (darker brown, rich colour, sanded) can confirm whether these newer ones are as far off as I think.

I hope this works...my bag from the August production run.

Jude

tangje
Oct 25, 2010, 08:43 AM

Jude

Thanks Jude. Looks like this might have been when a change was made since you have the original style strap.

risalvor
Oct 26, 2010, 09:27 AM
Got an email from Waterfield last night stating that my Portable Muzetto from the late October production run will ship today.
I'm curious to see how it looks when it gets here, as I'm not terribly excited about the removable strap.

RoarinRow
Oct 27, 2010, 12:40 PM

From the picture it looks the same color as the earlier model without the removal strap. The first thing I did when I got mine was to put leather conditioner. It made it darker and more supple (did I just say supple to my man bag?)

Anyway, I think the removal strap is cool cause mine always gets tangled when I try to carry mine. Not sure if the swivel will help in my case lol.

risalvor
Oct 28, 2010, 10:51 AM
I received my Muzetto from the October run yesterday and am very pleased. It's a rich brown leather exactly as I had expected, but I'm sure it will lighten a bit with wear and age.
Interestingly, it does not have the removable straps that have been discussed here. The straps and their attachment to the bag are exactly as pictured on the Waterfield site.

tangje
Oct 29, 2010, 09:48 AM
I received my Muzetto from the October run yesterday and am very pleased. It's a rich brown leather exactly as I had expected, but I'm sure it will lighten a bit with wear and age.
Interestingly, it does not have the removable straps that have been discussed here. The straps and their attachment to the bag are exactly as pictured on the Waterfield site.

So it's darker than mine?

risalvor
Oct 29, 2010, 11:20 AM
I can't be sure without personally seeing your bag, but based on your picture, it certainly seems to me that mine is darker.

Beau10
Oct 29, 2010, 03:26 PM
So it's darker than mine?

Scanning through this thread, in my opinion Click Pix's photos on page 2 look reasonably close in tone to your bag. A lighter brown with an obvious contrast from the strap. The other bags I'm seeing the strap the color of the leather seem to almost be the same.

I'm wondering if these really are just lighting issues.

tangje
Oct 29, 2010, 04:07 PM
Scanning through this thread, in my opinion Click Pix's photos on page 2 look reasonably close in tone to your bag. A lighter brown with an obvious contrast from the strap. The other bags I'm seeing the strap the color of the leather seem to almost be the same.

I'm wondering if these really are just lighting issues.

I think that it is lighting to some degree, but ultimately related to the finish of the leather.

I've been in contact with the folks over at Waterfield and they believe the colour has been consistent but confirmed that the batch of leather that my bag was made from did not have the usual sanded finish (some quality control issues at the tannery perhaps?). I think it is the sanded finish that gives darker areas which almost create a shadow in making the overall colour look darker. Anyway, they are giving the sanded finish another go in a late November/early December run.

Not sure what's up with the different strap types though.

Chip NoVaMac
Nov 1, 2010, 11:59 AM
Still lusting for a Muzetto. Lucky for me that they never in stock (like instant gratification). :) Wanting a new bag for my new MBA 13".

DougFNJ
Nov 17, 2010, 09:42 AM
Just a heads up, I got my email yesterday sayng my 13" Muzetto is on it's way, should be here tomorrow....Woo Hoo!!! :D

BossHogg
Nov 17, 2010, 05:36 PM
Ditto ! After months of hemming and hawing since launch day drooling over the Muzetto I pulled the trigger. Can't wait to get mine in my grubby little hands !

BossHogg
Nov 20, 2010, 02:48 AM

Jude

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=257149&stc=1&d=1287970848

Wow - The Muzetto is truly an awesome bag !!! As everyone else as said it is just a phenomenal piece of craftsmanship. The leather quality is top notch and the build is flawless.

The bag itself (late November run) has the traditional D rings which I love. The color and finish is just as described on the site and Gary's walk thru on SFBAGS.COM. Close to Jude's pic here - dark, rich brown. It will look "at home" whether wearing a suit or jeans. My only regret is I did not get this sooner !

I bought the 10" Portable and thought it might help to describe my normal contents :
iPad (naked)
Waterfield Ultimate slip case
Lunch (for the test - 1 banana, 2 granola bars, 1 sandwich, a bunch of fig newtons)
Car keys
Box of tic tacs
Lens cloth
Bus tickets
iPhone in bumper case
Blackberry (work) - naked
Wallet
Tissues (I usually put about 10 in a small ziploc bag)
Little pill container (about 6 advil and 6 aspirin)
Small Swiss army knife (the key chain versions - scissors, file, small blade, tweezers, tooth pick)
iPhone headset

With that load, the bag is full - not busting at the seams full but full. iPad still slips in and out nice and easy for my bus rides, etc. Sorry for the contents detail but it was something I was looking for so hopefully it will help the next person !

xamkil83
Nov 20, 2010, 02:54 AM

Wow - The Muzetto is truly an awesome bag !!! As everyone else as said it is just a phenomenal piece of craftsmanship. The leather quality is top notch and the build is flawless.

The bag itself (late November run) has the traditional D rings which I love. The color and finish is just as described on the site and Gary's walk thru on SFBAGS.COM. Close to Jude's pic here - dark, rich brown. It will look "at home" whether wearing a suit or jeans. My only regret is I did not get this sooner !

Glad to hear about the quality...I'm still waiting for mine. I ordered mine from the early November prod. run...got and email on Monday that they were a week behind and haven't even begun making it yet. I hope the hurry up and get them made b/c I really can't wait to get mine.

BossHogg
Nov 20, 2010, 03:02 AM
(updated my post above to show contents)

iTouch.lover22
Nov 20, 2010, 08:50 PM
I have an iPad Wallet, very nice. If anyone is interested in photos, I'll post some up when I can.

PacMookBro
Nov 20, 2010, 10:34 PM
I have an iPad Wallet, very nice. If anyone is interested in photos, I'll post some up when I can.

I am interested in the pix. Can you weigh it and give some dimensions? Thank you.

DougFNJ
Dec 6, 2010, 01:48 PM
Just wanted to throw my 2 cents into the mix.

Originally, when iPad had released, I had ordered an Ultimate Sleevecase.

(My review here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=895940&highlight=ultimate+sleevecase )

It has been precisely what I was looking for in regards to protection, and I am as happy with it today as I was when it arrived :D

I have been so happy with the quality, I had wanted, but struggled since I got my Sleevecase, with pulling the trigger for a Muzetto only due to price. After having gone through 2 portfolio bags in a year, I started thinking harder about value for the dollar. The Portfolio bags were not the greatest in portability, and the durability wasn't always the greatest with ripped interior pockets, and faded leather. I could fit a lot more in them, but trips to the city weighed heavily on my shoulder, and the size would take up a whole seat next to me, or leave no legroom by my feet.

So I finally decided to pull the trigger and weather out the wait times to get my Muzetto. I had initially ordered the Muzetto Portable with the black trim. Immediately after exiting my order confirmation, I had concern that it may be too small. Watching more reviews of it on youtube, I emailed a couple of the reviewers and came to the conclusion that I would be happier with the 13" Laptop Muzetto, I contacted Waterfield who responded promptly that the change was no problem.

I finally received it last month, it was delivered in a US Postal Priority box. Opening the box revealed my Muzetto sitting in a large clear plastic bag with simple packaging. It did not come with the removable straps which I was actually happy about, and it came as a nice rich brown color completely comparable to the color shown on their website. The color reminds me of a nice bomber jacket, The leather has a "broken in" flexibility to it, it has such a quality feel, I would love to have a leather jacket with leather like this. I know I am repeating many other peoples sentiment, but the stitching was done so well, I have no fear of it loosening. The only thing that surprised me a little bit was at the top of the bag just above the stitching on the sides, there was a little loose oilly substance, I don't know if it was a little glue or leather oil, it was no big deal, I just wiped it off.

The inside material is of excellent quality as well. It is strong, I have no fear to the lining or pockets tearing on ripping. You've all seen the photos of course of the orange toned liner, and the soft neoprene pockets, this is a bag that will last a good long time.

As comparison for those that own the Ultimate Sleevecase with the leather bottom, this is the same leather. The black coloring appears to be the same material used.

It is definitely lighter weight than the portfolio bags I have lugged around for years. The vertical shape definitely adds to it's more portable feeling. The strap is simple, I like the touch of the textured no slip shoulder pad that is installed using velcro so as the bag slides from your side to your back, the shoulder pad stays in place on your shoulder. There is a little annoyance of the sound of the strap moving back and forth with the hard plastic D-Shaped holder, but again, thats just nitpicking.

I am definitely glad I moved up to the 13" Laptop bag. I think for me being a large guy, the portable would had come across as a murse, and larger would had been too large, this is the perfect size for me. Interestingly though, my girlfriend did call it a "man bag" and told me she would had suggested differently had I shown her I was going to purchase this. This is because it only comes with a shoulder strap and no handle. This is also a woman that believes T-shirts with pockets are for old men, as well as me drinking Coffee in the middle of the day is an old man thing ;) she and I have very different taste, so I don't necessarily put much on her saying that lol This is a very masculine bag. IMHO this works well at the office wearing business casual, as well as T-Shirt and Jeans on the weekends.

Primarily I use it for my iPad and cables, some work related paperwork, my morning breakfast bar and lunch, my portable camera and some odds and ends things I need to carry with me when mobile.

It is an excellent bag. I am glad I spent the money, it is well worth it.

Vashti
Dec 10, 2010, 11:20 PM
If I carry an ipad, phone, wallet, would there be room for the Canon G series camera (G8). I'd like to get the portable one if I can take my camera and ipad. Thanks.

Edit: one more question. Is the strap adjustable? I'm quite short. Most bags hang too low on me. Also, it would be nice to
be able to adjust to wear differently with different clothes. Thanks.

MacMur
Dec 10, 2010, 11:43 PM
I have a 10" Personal Muzetto that I am thinking about selling. PM me if interested.

tangje
Dec 13, 2010, 12:32 PM
I just received a new Muzetto with the sanded finish. Here are some side-by-side pictures of the two bags. Clearly it's not just a lighting issue. I'm much happier with the latest bag, which is exactly what I thought I would be getting originally. Now to deal with returning the original bag.

DougFNJ
Dec 15, 2010, 03:27 PM
I just received a new Muzetto with the sanded finish. Here are some side-by-side pictures of the two bags. Clearly it's not just a lighting issue. I'm much happier with the latest bag, which is exactly what I thought I would be getting originally. Now to deal with returning the original bag.

Wow, thats actually surprising. Did the second one come with the removable straps? I am curious if Waterfield was thinking of going in one direction, put the brakes on it and went back to what they have been doing....

flatline82
Jan 11, 2011, 11:53 PM
Just ordered one of the New (Announced today!) Black Muzetto's to fit my 13' Macbook Air and accessories today, excited! I have a brown/black Personal Muzetto now (The one that essentially just fits the iPad along with some accessories) and absolutely love it. Once I get it at the end of the month I'll post some pics.

Also, if anybody is interested...I'm gonna sell my Brown/Black Muzetto. Before I post it on Ebay (I'll give it a week from this post date..) I'll give anybody here first chance if any interest is there. It's in PERFECT condition and is fantastic. Shoot me a PM :cool:

flatline82
Jan 17, 2011, 03:20 PM
My 13' Black/Pine Muzetto will be shipping this week! w00t!

Anyway, last chance before Ebay....this is my video review of the exact bag: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-azITcPPGNc

SanFranKyle
Jan 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
these look like purses haha.

DougFNJ
Jan 24, 2011, 03:42 PM
these look like purses haha.

:rolleyes:

Gaelinic
Jan 24, 2011, 06:29 PM
I came in here looking to see what others were using with their iPads since I plan on picking one up when the second generation comes out. But, OMG! There is no way I could wear this around my friends without being ridiculed. Where are you guys that wearing this is normal? If I saw a guy walking around with a vertical hanging bag, he'd instantly stand out as effeminate. Even the name sound womanly. "Hey, I'm bringing my iPad in my Muzetto."

Dude, seriously could you honestly say that with a straight face to your buddies?

Didn't mean to come here bash this thing but is there something else they offer that doesn't look like a purse?

mac jones
Jan 24, 2011, 07:50 PM
I came in here looking to see what others were using with their iPads since I plan on picking one up when the second generation comes out. But, OMG! There is no way I could wear this around my friends without being ridiculed. Where are you guys that wearing this is normal? If I saw a guy walking around with a vertical hanging bag, he'd instantly stand out as effeminate. Even the name sound womanly. "Hey, I'm bringing my iPad in my Muzetto."

Dude, seriously could you honestly say that with a straight face to your buddies?

Didn't mean to come here bash this thing but is there something else they offer that doesn't look like a purse?

You bro, Yeay I here ya

Bring one of deez to the Bear's game and Woa! The buds would get a hoot! and the babes would laugh dear ***es off.

Go Bears :rolleyes:

PacMookBro
Jan 24, 2011, 08:06 PM
After having seen one, the bag is overrated, overhyped and overpriced. It doesn't have to be muzetto to carry iPad or MacBook. It's the leather and "made in SF" that attract people. The styling is boring and not cool. :o

MikePA
Jan 25, 2011, 05:28 AM
After having seen one, the bag is overrated, overhyped and overpriced.
Paper or plastic?

It doesn't have to be muzetto to carry iPad or MacBook.
What are you using to carry your iPad and/or MacBook?

It's the leather and "made in SF" that attract people.
Can't simply say what bag you are using and why. No, you have to try and read into why other people buy what they do, which says more about why you'd buy the product than why others did. And no, I do not own any Waterfield products.

The styling is boring and not cool.
Then don't buy one. Perhaps an office envelope would work for you.

DougFNJ
Jan 25, 2011, 11:43 AM
What a bunch of opinionated viewpoints. Mine is right you all are wrong, I got what I got because I'm smart and fashionable while everybody elses choice is stupid because you didn't buy what I bought or what I want to buy. Matter of fact, I am going to go into a product thread that I have no interest in purchasing JUST to criticize your purchase because you aren't great like me.

Unfortunately this is more the rule than the exception lately :( I used to go to macrumors as a great resource and generally enjoyed the discussions and insightful viewpoints on various products, this community has changed. So easy to hide behind the anonymity of the internet, I guess this brings out some people's true colors in a dark wide spectrum.

Bottom line is, we buy what we buy because it suits us. I don't purchase anything to impress anybody. I don't write a review to defend my purchase or the company I purchased from. Blindly throwing out statements such as "it stinks!" it's no good" without any input whatsoever to back it up besides "I saw one once" :rolleyes:

I am not gay, I am not effeminate, I am FAR from a Metrosexual. I generally wear business casual at work being khakis and sweaters in the winder, khakis and collared shirts when its warm. I am t-shirt and jeans outside of the office. I like sports, I am not afraid to get my hands dirty doing projects around the house. I do not see a dark brown durable leather with black canvas being feminine, and for those that do, I don't base anything in my life on your opinion. I have not had odd looks thrown my way when I wear it. I preferred the vertical bag because I don't like having a horizontal bag wrap it's way around me getting in my way. Portfolios are too large for me for what I carry, the vertical hangs more comfortably. The insides of most portfolio bags I have owned have torn. I do not see that happening with this bag ever. The insides are solid, well constructed, and the design IN MY OPINION is extremely well thought out. I do not only carry my iPad in mine, I carry paperwork, other electronics, and occasionally my laptop in it. I do not refer to it regularly as my Muzetto, it's a bag....

I don't write this as a goodbye cruel world, I am never coming back to this site again, I'm not that important. But I am sure I am not alone in saying I am finding myself here less and less and have been getting very little out of it these days. I really hope it changes.

Sam Spade
Jan 28, 2011, 11:05 PM
If anyone has a Muzetto in brown for the 11" MacBook Air that you want to sell, please PM me.

DMRS
Feb 6, 2011, 09:44 PM

I bought the 10" Portable and thought it might help to describe my normal contents :
iPad (naked)
Waterfield Ultimate slip case
Lunch (for the test - 1 banana, 2 granola bars, 1 sandwich, a bunch of fig newtons)
Car keys
Box of tic tacs
Lens cloth
Bus tickets
iPhone in bumper case
Blackberry (work) - naked
Wallet
Tissues (I usually put about 10 in a small ziploc bag)
Little pill container (about 6 advil and 6 aspirin)
Small Swiss army knife (the key chain versions - scissors, file, small blade, tweezers, tooth pick)
iPhone headset

With that load, the bag is full - not busting at the seams full but full. iPad still slips in and out nice and easy for my bus rides, etc. Sorry for the contents detail but it was something I was looking for so hopefully it will help the next person !

In your opinion, do you think that the personal size will fit the new mac mini?

flatline82
Feb 6, 2011, 10:33 PM
My Black/Pine one came in this past Friday and its fantastic!

rudy44
Feb 15, 2011, 03:37 AM
i would so love to buy one of these but there's such a long wait. that being said, if anyone has a personal sized one that you're looking to sell please pm me.

class77
Feb 16, 2011, 09:08 PM

Tangje, I MUCH prefer the lighter of the two bags

EazyWeazy3
Feb 16, 2011, 10:32 PM
Fancy cases in here.

blindeye
Mar 3, 2011, 08:59 AM
Anyone have any pictures of this Muzetto combination that they can post? Or, any more pictures at all?

I'm trying to decide on color and can't decide between the brown leather copper or brown leather with pine. It seems that no two pictures look the same!

Thanks...

I'll post pictures when I finally get mine.

Galley
Mar 4, 2011, 10:10 PM
I broke down and bought the Smart Case in flame, to match my flame Muzetto. It's a tad on the thick side, but offers much better protection than the Slip Case. :D

SchneiderMan
Mar 5, 2011, 12:57 AM
I was sent a black and green if anyone is interested. I'll be shooting a video for it as well. Just gotta pick a location (:

rudy44
Mar 9, 2011, 11:57 PM
i was fortunate enough to purchase a lightly used one(still smells new) off ebay for $125 + $40 shipping(ouch!) but it's in black and green when all this while ive had my eye on brown+pine pretty much cos i think brown goes better with jeans which im always wearing.

i really like it though. just hoping to hear some compliments about the black muzetto from other people who've purchased it. it would probably make me love this one enough not to sell it off.

btw i think the dude i got it from might have sent me a PORTABLE one when he advertised it as personal. how can i tell the difference?

Edit:if anyone has a dark brown one and would like to trade for a black drop me a message.

RoarinRow
Mar 10, 2011, 10:09 AM
i was fortunate enough to purchase a lightly used one(still smells new) off ebay for $125 + $40 shipping(ouch!) but it's in black and green when all this while ive had my eye on brown+pine pretty much cos i think brown goes better with jeans which im always wearing.

i really like it though. just hoping to hear some compliments about the black muzetto from other people who've purchased it. it would probably make me love this one enough not to sell it off.

btw i think the dude i got it from might have sent me a PORTABLE one when he advertised it as personal. how can i tell the difference?

Edit:if anyone has a dark brown one and would like to trade for a black drop me a message.

ohhh didn't even know they made the black leather. Still happy with my brown on brown.

rudy44
Mar 12, 2011, 10:57 PM
ohhh didn't even know they made the black leather. Still happy with my brown on brown.

it was released mid jan. so pretty recent.

class77
Mar 13, 2011, 05:15 AM
Could somebody please take pictures of their BLACK Muzetto? I've seen pictures of the brown ones, but nobody has taken any pictures of a black one. I'm torn between a pine and brown and a pine and black.

I've also got a question about the portable size. I'm getting an iPad2 and I'm planning to use it with Piel Frama case inside an Exo case, a wireless keyboard in a WF slide keyboard case and a small gear pouch. Is this going to overfill the main part of the case? Should I get an 11" air or a 10" portable.

One more question, has anybody tried a iPad2 in any case in the old Ultimate Sleeve case for the original iPad? I thought since the new iPad was so much thinner, the current Exo case would be pretty big and the old Ultimate Sleeve might be a good fit. Just a thought.

Thanks for listening to all the questions

SchneiderMan
Mar 14, 2011, 12:10 AM
Yes here you go, more in the review. The 10" is perfect for the iPad 2 with a case on and you could fit your wireless keyboard inside as well.

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/968/waterfielddesignsmuzett.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/968/waterfielddesignsmuzett.jpg

rudy44
Mar 14, 2011, 05:54 AM
great review! my green's so much darker and dirtier than yours. i dont know if it's dirty or just a matter of lighting. but im liking it more and more now. the black that is

NDDL05
Mar 28, 2011, 05:54 PM

When I first saw the Muzetto bag, it made me think of Indie (http://robsmovievault.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull_movie_image_harrison_ford__1_.jpg) . Doesn't get more manly than that!

Though I suppose this (http://9.media.tumblr.com/jZF5Jr7m3opy3456AgI4cLRno1_500.jpg) is the counterpoint :p

BTW flatline82, your reviews are great. Keep up the good work!

gigaguy
Mar 28, 2011, 07:30 PM
The ipad2 with smart cover on, is a nice snug, perfect fit in the original ipad1 Ultimate Sleevecase. Not sure how they are offering 3 new sizes for the Ultimate sleevecase now, but I think it is more marketing than reality. How much different is a loose style sleeve case that fits with or without the smart cover. If there is a real difference I think it would be in construction, not size. Be it no rigid insert, or no ultrasuede needed. Picture looks like there is a gap, but there isn't. This sleeve is built loose as a sleeve, but the ipad2 fits snug nicely.
if you wanted to know.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/ronline/DSC01024.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v424/ronline/DSC01025.jpg

kugino
Apr 1, 2011, 12:54 AM
When I first saw the Muzetto bag, it made me think of Indie (http://robsmovievault.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/indiana_jones_and_the_kingdom_of_the_crystal_skull_movie_image_harrison_ford__1_.jpg) . Doesn't get more manly than that!

Though I suppose this (http://9.media.tumblr.com/jZF5Jr7m3opy3456AgI4cLRno1_500.jpg) is the counterpoint :p

BTW flatline82, your reviews are great. Keep up the good work!

haha...nice pics.

i'm with the guys who think the muzetto is manly-enough...but i suppose to each his own. i ordered a portable for my ipad2, which should be part of their mid-april production run. hopefully will get it by the end of april.

somnanbule
Apr 13, 2011, 05:03 PM
*post removed*

212rikanmofo
Apr 16, 2011, 02:06 AM
The Muzetto is the best looking bag ever for the iPad. I'm really loving the black leather/green combo. Looks so simple and clean. About how long is the process from ordering one until the day it arrives? I may consider biting the bullet and order one. I can't find any other bag that looks this good.

Smithwicks
Apr 16, 2011, 02:18 AM
My brown and green muzetto shipped today

broboore
Apr 22, 2011, 10:58 PM
Well, I ordered a brown leather/flame bag for my 13" Macbook Pro. It's in the May 30th run, so I have plenty of time to obsess and wonder if it was worth all the money...

That being said, can't wait to see it.

fishcube
Apr 22, 2011, 11:08 PM
Yes here you go, more in the review. The 10" is perfect for the iPad 2 with a case on and you could fit your wireless keyboard inside as well.

Image (http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/968/waterfielddesignsmuzett.jpg)

Image (http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/968/waterfielddesignsmuzett.jpg)

So no closure other than the flap just hanging? Seems strange

physicsguy13
Apr 22, 2011, 11:38 PM
I purchased an iPad Travel Express to hold my iPad 2 and bluetooth keyboard. I liked it so much that I ordered a small cargo back to carry it in. The quality of their products is top notch. The Muzetto isn't really my kind of bag so I got the Muzetto leather flap on my cargo bag instead.

There are cheaper bags out there but I have never had a better bag and their customer service is top notch.

broboore
Apr 25, 2011, 04:06 PM
For those of you that own the Muzetto for the 13 Macbook Pro. Can I use a different sleeve on it other then the SleevCase by Waterfield? I would prefer using something by Incase or Booq.

Is anyone using a different sleeve? If so, how much room is left? Thank you in advance!

Born Again
May 14, 2011, 01:40 PM
about to take the plunge -

im thinking of going one size bigger - but i really just need to go with a thickness increase not so much wider.

broboore
May 15, 2011, 05:07 AM
I received mine this week. I got the one large enough to hold a 13" MBP. It's gorgeous as everyone has already stated. It's just big enough to hold the MBP with a sleeve on. I already owned a Incase canvas sleeve so did not want to buy the Waterfield one. It fits just fine. I can also slide my iPad in the bag without any problems. I was on the May 30th production run and it shipped 20 days ahead of schedule.