PDA

View Full Version : iPad Case Gallery

GadgetX
Mar 29, 2010, 06:58 PM
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/accessories/ipad
Thought this might help those like me who can't decide on what case to protect their iPad with!

markosb
Mar 29, 2010, 06:58 PM
Nice link... thank you very much for posting it.

firteen888
Mar 29, 2010, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the link!

it's nice to see all the cases next to eachother to compare. I dunno, I think I just need to wait and use the ipad for a little while so I can figure out what kind of case would be most practical for my use. I don't know if I want to keep it in a case at all times, or if i want a case just for travel.

I still think I like the Apple case best right now. Seems like it would protect the ipad well enough while still being relatively unobtrusive.

harry*333
Mar 29, 2010, 07:31 PM
some of those are pretty tight, I'm personally interested in an Incase neoprene sleeve, and possibly some type of protection for the back, for when its placed on a table

Sleazy E
Mar 29, 2010, 07:44 PM
cool link, thanks!

southerndoc
Mar 29, 2010, 09:00 PM
I ordered a case from Vaja. Always had a thing for their cases.

touchmonkey
Mar 29, 2010, 09:20 PM
believe it or not i'm gonna use a letter sized leather legal pad folio putting velcro in the right spots for now
the thing is just smaller than letter sized, no?
but i'm sure i will find the case that works for me, soon, eventually
thanks for the link

bradg33
Mar 29, 2010, 09:23 PM
I'm waiting for some of the other Vaja cases to come out. I'm more interested in a Folio-like case than a sleeve, and it looks like Vaja has some coming.

FlashHead
Mar 29, 2010, 10:25 PM
That link misses my favorite and the one I will get. It has the functionality of the iPad Case + a hand strap when it's opened and it's in eco-leather.

http://www.marware.com/products/iPad;jsessionid=0a0106521f4343ed19dcefdc486d9966ed8b9605954c.e3eSc34RbhyRe34Pa38Ta3aMbN10

OneMike
Mar 29, 2010, 10:31 PM
they are nice. at this point the apple is still my fav

GadgetX
Mar 29, 2010, 10:34 PM
You're very welcome to everyone who said thanks!

I still haven't decided on a case, I bought a cheap sleeve off ebay to hold me over until some real reviews come in for different cases.

foxnews1
Mar 29, 2010, 10:35 PM
That link misses my favorite and the one I will get. It has the functionality of the iPad Case + a hand strap when it's opened and it's in eco-leather.

http://www.marware.com/products/iPad;jsessionid=0a0106521f4343ed19dcefdc486d9966ed8b9605954c.e3eSc34RbhyRe34Pa38Ta3aMbN10

your case looks nice but it misses two things that apple case has:
1) bottom edge is naked. if you drop on concret, the case won't protect the edge.

2) No angle position for typing.

I looked at all of these cases, and I don't see any that are better than apple case in term of features and style.

GadgetX
Mar 29, 2010, 10:41 PM
1) bottom edge is naked. if you drop on concret, the case won't protect the edge.

Did that really require 3 different posts?

But anyways I believe the marware case does off the same angle for typing that the Apple case does, the image is just down on the site.

mj1108
Mar 29, 2010, 10:44 PM
they are nice. at this point the apple is still my fav

Agreed. I already have mine preordered...but still keeping an eye out for anything that might be better in the meantime.

FlashHead
Mar 30, 2010, 09:56 AM

I looked at all of these cases, and I don't see any that are better than apple case in term of features and style.

1) Not sure about the naked edge, or if there is some overlap. It is a good observation.

2) There is a fold down stand in the inside cover, so when it is folded back and the stand is put down, it can indeed be used as a typing stand. This was one of my major requirements.

3) I also pre-ordered an iPad. It looks great, but there were some comments from after the keynote about the quality only seeming mediocre. I figure I will get both and return the one I like least. I would prefer leather.

Ljohnson72
Mar 30, 2010, 12:32 PM
I'm waiting for some of the other Vaja cases to come out. I'm more interested in a Folio-like case than a sleeve, and it looks like Vaja has some coming.

Their folio case seems nice but the edges seem very exposed :o . I really like their sleeve but I can't convince my self that I need a sleeve instead of a folio..

tac22
Mar 30, 2010, 07:08 PM

This case basically is copying apples idea, i'm not sure which one i like better, but apples will probably be perfect since they actually have the Ipad to fit it and such.

http://www.macally.com/EN/Product/ArticleShow.asp?ArticleID=320