PDA

View Full Version : Runcore 64GB firmware flash

Synchromesh
Mar 31, 2010, 06:52 PM
I have a Runcore 64GB LIF SSD in my Air. Apparently it's still running 1571 version of firmware. I would like to upgrade that to the latest 1916. Couple of questions:

1. Which firmware executable do I use for this particular drive?
2. Is it safe to flash 1571 straight to 1916? I heard some users had problems if one doesn't flash to an interim version first
3. Is there a write up how to do this flash on Mac anywhere? I found one for Rev A but not 100% sure it's exactly the same as Rev B/C since controllers are different

Thanks.

darrellishere
Mar 31, 2010, 07:34 PM
Hi I just got the 64gb today too! WoW can I just say that this drive is amazing!
Totally get why people were flipping out about it, its crazy! Just suddenly turned my painfully slow but well loved Air into a powerhouse! Editing on Aperture and iphoto books is now a breeze and ram doesn't seem to be an issue. Well impressed, like having a macbook pro.
Back to the firmware. Well I suspect mine is on that early firmware too.
I emailed Run-core for them to send me a custom iso of the latest firmware for use on a mac, but I should have asked for all of them as you have to install each update or DOA your drive! Also the hard drive enclosure they included was a dud, probably due to it being an early shipping version that suffered with DOA usb boards. Let me know how you get on;)

Synchromesh
Apr 1, 2010, 06:18 PM
Let me know how it turns out. I did the same but so far no answer for a couple of days. Anybody else has a guide and file?

Runcore
Apr 6, 2010, 11:58 AM
Let me know how it turns out. I did the same but so far no answer for a couple of days. Anybody else has a guide and file?

Who did you send the email to? I can help out to see what the hold up is.

Matt Dawson
Runcore

Synchromesh
Apr 7, 2010, 12:57 AM
PM sent.

darrellishere
Apr 7, 2010, 08:53 AM
No reply to my email yet. Still need that enclosure for my old hard drive.
Did you get your iso image off runcore?

gbroke
Apr 7, 2010, 02:03 PM
I had no problems upgrading from firmware 1571 directly to 1916.

According to the manual it works if you have the Samsung M chips.

I used the IM2808.exe program found on the runcorefw1916.iso burned to CD that is referenced on

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/how-flash-firmware-1916-mac-os-x-37670/index2.html

Runcore
Apr 7, 2010, 02:29 PM
I had no problems upgrading from firmware 1571 directly to 1916.

According to the manual it works if you have the Samsung M chips.

I used the IM2808.exe program found on the runcorefw1916.iso burned to CD that is referenced on

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f78/how-flash-firmware-1916-mac-os-x-37670/index2.html

Thanks Gbroke

FYI all the Lif Drives have Samsung Mdie Flash.

Synchromesh
Apr 8, 2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks guys. Followed instructions, worked just fine. Now shows 1916 in Hardware Profile. Kind of strange staring at DOS on a new Mac. :) Not to mention using commands I almost forgot long ago.

Synchromesh
Apr 8, 2010, 06:32 PM
No reply to my email yet. Still need that enclosure for my old hard drive.
Did you get your iso image off runcore?

No, I never got it, used references from this forum. I did get the enclosure a little while ago, they responded fairly quickly to that one. Talk to the Runcore guy here, he seems to be able to speed things up a bit.