PDA

View Full Version : iPad screen protector

slipper
Apr 2, 2010, 03:27 PM
With all this deal about Apple removing any screen protectors from their stock... will any of you be installing a screen protector on your iPad?

random person
Apr 2, 2010, 04:22 PM
Screen protectors have never been necessary, for the iPhone or for anything else. Just plain foolishness -- they reduce touch sensitivity, they get ratty looking, some of them add an orange peel texture and weird rainbow effects, it goes on and on.

They are a ripoff and Apple was right to ban them from phones and hopefully from iPads too.

This is all imho.

slipper
Apr 3, 2010, 04:51 PM
I would have to disagree. While the iPhone screen is durable, it can still scratch pretty easily especially if you mistakenly place it in a pocket with your keys. I notice no difference in touch sensitivity. And if applied properly, it will last for over a year. It did for my 2 year old iPhone 2g and is for my current several months old iPhone 3gs.

So i voted yes.

P.S. i would have to agree that they are overpriced. But so are most Apple products.

gopherhockey
Apr 3, 2010, 04:55 PM
I like my screen protector on my iPhone.. it gives it a more tactile feel and is more durable.

I probably won't put one on the iPad though. First, I doubt I'm coordinated enough to do it without bubbles since doing this on an iPhone takes super patience and skills. I also won't be carrying it in my pocket.

Not sure *how* I will be carrying it though so maybe I will change my mind in time.

hh83917
Apr 3, 2010, 05:02 PM
I felt the iPad screen has too much resistense for me. My finger can glide through my iPhone that have a powersupport glossy screen protector. On the iPad, I feel more resistance maybe because it's glass. I will get a screen protector for the finger feel, but if you are looking for protection, you probably don't need any on the iPad/iPhone screen as they don't scratch easily.

hchavarria
Apr 3, 2010, 05:04 PM
I am going to install one because I dislike the finger prints on the screen.

Rooskibar03
Apr 3, 2010, 05:12 PM
Finger prints on the screen are horrible. I'll buy one as soon as I can.

RMXO
Apr 3, 2010, 05:33 PM
Finger prints on the screen are horrible. I'll buy one as soon as I can.

This is one of the reason why I ordered a screen protector.

cmvsm
Jul 4, 2010, 05:05 PM
I felt the iPad screen has too much resistense for me. My finger can glide through my iPhone that have a powersupport glossy screen protector. On the iPad, I feel more resistance maybe because it's glass. I will get a screen protector for the finger feel, but if you are looking for protection, you probably don't need any on the iPad/iPhone screen as they don't scratch easily.

+1

I bought a second iPad and didn't have a screen protector on it. The feel under your finger is a little sluggish compared to that of a screen protector, which allows it to glide a little easier versus the glass alone. In addition, without a screen protector, I've noticed that the finger prints look a lot worse in a short period of time that with a screen protector.

I get the crystal clear version to maintain the screen's excellent contrast and color levels. Haven't noticed any lack of responsiveness or anything like that.