PDA

View Full Version : Apple Ipad Case flap question

tonedef407
Apr 3, 2010, 08:59 PM
Am I doing something wrong with the flap on the official Apple iPad case. I thought it slipped behind the iPad but then it won't close all the way.

hchavarria
Apr 3, 2010, 09:01 PM
Am I doing something wrong with the flap on the official Apple iPad case. I thought it slipped behind the iPad but then it won't close all the way.

I have been struggling with this all day. I was about to go back to the apple store just to see how to use this flap.

tonedef407
Apr 3, 2010, 09:01 PM
Nevermind. Guess I didn't have it in all the way

TypeZero3
Apr 3, 2010, 09:02 PM
you mean it doesn't fold back flat? show a picture?

tonedef407
I have been struggling with this all day. I was about to go back to the apple store just to see how to use this flap.

Lol. Me too. I just really forced it all behind it and that seems to work

r0k

You have to tuck it in tight. The only instructions are on the clear plastic wrap that is on the cover when you take it out of its box.

tonedef407
Apr 3, 2010, 09:03 PM
you mean it doesn't fold back flat? show a picture?

Yea I just don't think I had forced enough of it in. Seems to be fine now. It's supposed to fold back behind the iPad itself right?

DemonBob
Closes all the way for me.

foxnews1

I don't have one yet but was concerned about it for a while. I have been asking people to confirm this issue.

So you can not fold it flat in the back?

foxnews1
Apr 3, 2010, 09:05 PM
Closes all the way for me.

Can you please post a picture folding it flat in the back?

Kenal0
Apr 3, 2010, 09:06 PM
Mine fits behind the ipad and it closes fine. Make sure you have the ipad pushed all the way in the case.

Kenal0

wingnut8
Apr 3, 2010, 09:11 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2765/4488566050_7dd5006214.jpg

tonedef407
Apr 3, 2010, 09:12 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/vy9ohx.jpg

This is how mine looks now.

wingnut8
Apr 3, 2010, 09:13 PM
This case worries me when in landscape mode standing up. Seems like it might fall forward.

foxnews1
Apr 3, 2010, 09:24 PM
Can some one confirm if it is warm or hot when it is in the case?

sjsharks13
Apr 3, 2010, 09:26 PM

i dont have the case yet but I played around with it for an hour straight and it didnt get warm so I imagine it wouldnt get warm in the case.

SiskoKid
Apr 3, 2010, 09:30 PM

Mine has been in the case all day and it is at 2% battery as I type this so it has gotten a ton of use as I try out all the things the iPad can do. My MacBook would be cooking my thighs at the moment but the iPad is just barely warm. And I'm typing this response with the iPad too. And when I say barely warm I mean I would recommend it to you a thousand times over. I'll shoot my first born if an iPad died due to overheating cause of the case cause I don't see that happening. I don't even feel it I only felt it cause I checked it out cause of your question.

foxnews1
Apr 3, 2010, 09:32 PM
i dont have the case yet but I played around with it for an hour straight and it didnt get warm so I imagine it wouldnt get warm in the case.

I put it in the box and use it for 30 munites and it was warm. I was worried because heat can shorten battery life. it is cold while holding it though.

TypeZero3
Apr 3, 2010, 09:33 PM
so are you guys all saying that you suggest getting the Apple iPad case over other cases...is it that good? what about the toppling factor someone else mentioned?

admanimal
Apr 3, 2010, 09:36 PM
I'm sure there will be better cases eventually, but of the ones immediately available today, the Apple one seems to be one of the best (the only?) of this style. It's nicer than I thought it would be, although I find that it's easier to hold it without a case when I'm lying around on the couch or whatever.

funkeruski
Apr 3, 2010, 09:57 PM
Thanks god for the interweb. I had mine flapping in then wind, and itnwould have stayed that way had I not seen this thread.

SnowLeopard2008
Apr 3, 2010, 10:47 PM
Doesn't fall flat on it's face. At least mine hasn't. The case seems to be made of a rubber material and the "pad" part that is holding it up seems rigid enough.

xraydoc
Apr 3, 2010, 11:07 PM

I've been using it all day long in the case (since 9:45 this am) and the iPad feels room temperature. My phone gets warmer than this thing!

happyslayer
Apr 3, 2010, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys... My flap was hanging loose until I read this post. That could have been so embarrassing if I'd went out in public like that :)

pedregosa
Apr 3, 2010, 11:50 PM
I had the same "flap anxiety" -- but it does, with a little bit of effort, tuck behind the device itself, and then it's pretty neat.

To those considering the Apple case, I would say the following...

When you see it without an iPad in it, it looks kinds of flimsy. So much so that I bought both it and the bulkier InCase equivalent. The latter is nice, and well made. But it is very bulky. The Apple one grew on me when I got home, and I went for it and returned the other. It is rather sturdier when it has an iPad inside it. And then its light weight becomes an asset.

So I'm pleased with the case. Those wanting more padding, etc., should look elsewhere. I should add, though, that I'm not much of a "case person" in general -- I don't use one with my iPhone. But I think that Apple's iPad case (and some third party equivalents) deliver functionality by propping the unit up.

Blackforge
Apr 4, 2010, 12:05 AM
In the "typing mode" position I seem to be able to use it to prop it up better in different positions when I'm sitting on the sofa. Definitely like it so far just for that.

Unprocessed1
Apr 4, 2010, 12:08 AM
The case in general is annoying for anything besides typing on a flat surface compounded by the fact the case is so difficult to put on and remove. It also hampers the "feeling" of the iPad IMO.

tonedef407
Apr 4, 2010, 12:23 AM
It's a pretty good case,but I think I will probably go with a shell/neoprene sleeve option down the road.

Unprocessed1
Apr 4, 2010, 12:26 AM
The thing is, will not having an angled case hamper typing?

dissdnt
Apr 4, 2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks god for the interweb. I had mine flapping in then wind, and itnwould have stayed that way had I not seen this thread.

Lol same boat. I was kinda digging the flap in the wind. Hehe

Also I really like it in the case. It feels more soft to hold like a book and not as cold hard and awkward IMHO.

Grimace
Apr 6, 2010, 08:48 AM
I'm still confused as to the purpose of the flap. Sure I can tuck it around the iPad in the case, but what does the flap do? :confused:

Roy Hobbs
Apr 6, 2010, 09:02 AM
I'm still confused as to the purpose of the flap. Sure I can tuck it around the iPad in the case, but what does the flap do? :confused:

It protects the side of the iPad

yankintx
Apr 6, 2010, 09:05 AM

I eventually figured it out but that stupid small diagram sure didn't tell me how!
I almost took it back but was sure it somehow worked.

Ok..I'll admit it now...my 12 year old son figured it out.:eek:

yankintx
Apr 6, 2010, 09:07 AM
The case in general is annoying for anything besides typing on a flat surface compounded by the fact the case is so difficult to put on and remove. It also hampers the "feeling" of the iPad IMO.

It's definitely a "love it or hate it case"

If I didn't have 3 young kids in my home I wouldn't use a case, but I can only imaging that after they drop it a few times ( and they will) that I'm better off with the case than without it.

pirateRACE
Apr 6, 2010, 10:03 AM
It's definitely a "love it or hate it case"

If I didn't have 3 young kids in my home I wouldn't use a case, but I can only imaging that after they drop it a few times ( and they will) that I'm better off with the case than without it.

I'm not a case person (also broke my 1st gen iPhone), but I'm using the Apple Case.

I'm much more comfortable setting it on the coffee table, handing it to my daughter to check out and carrying it around the house. The incline for typing is nice too.

Drawbacks...
-I bought two docks that will probably go back since it won't dock.
-It isn't easy to take in and out of the case
-Covers up that beautiful Apple design!

Woz Beard
Apr 6, 2010, 10:12 AM
I take it the majority of you failed to see the diagram on the plastic wrap that you had to remove?

macpro2000
Aug 4, 2010, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the flap info...will get this sucker tucked in.

macpro2000
Aug 4, 2010, 11:34 AM
Way better, thanks for the tip.