PDA

View Full Version : Is It a Little Too Difficult To Take the iPad In and Out of Apple's Case?

MICHAELSD
Apr 6, 2010, 05:24 PM
I only wanted to use the iPad in Apple's case on occasion, and use it as a sort of sleeve the rest of the time. It seems a little too difficult to put the iPhone in and take it out of the case to constantly do that. Will it loosen nicely quickly or is there a better option?

mj1108
Apr 6, 2010, 05:25 PM
It's not just you. I have the same issue with it. I've only taken it out 2 or 3 times, but when I have it is a bear to get out.

That said, it's actually the only negative about that case (in my opinion).

Maaz
Apr 6, 2010, 05:27 PM
Honestly if that's how you want to use it. I would just get a slide in case that's simple.

admanimal
Apr 6, 2010, 05:28 PM
I have gotten pretty good at getting it out. I just open the flap and then use the button openings to get the iPad out just enough that I can get my fingers on the inside of the case between it and the iPad. Then I just push it out pretty easily with my fingers, rather than trying to pull it out.

tandersn9
Apr 6, 2010, 05:28 PM
Honestly if that's how you want to use it. I would just get a slide in case that's simple.

yup i'd agree with him, but if you want to prop it up you'd be out of luck. Take a look at the incase folio style case, $60, but if may not be as tight, not sure.

WilliamG
Apr 6, 2010, 05:29 PM
I'd say once the thing is in its case, it stays there. Period. I wouldn't be taking it out.

GraphicsGeek
Apr 6, 2010, 05:59 PM
I don't think it's meant to be taken out of the apple case. I just got mine today and I'm liking it a lot. It fits nice and snug and doesn't add much too the size of it. I'm keeping mine on permanently. Why would you take it off?

epoche
Apr 6, 2010, 06:01 PM
Just received my Apple case and dock today and was dismayed to learn that I'need to remove the case in order to slot it I to dock. I had planned on putting it into dock at night. Now I guess I'll only use the dock when using it as a picture viewer to impress visitors.

HiRez
Apr 6, 2010, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I'm going to leave mine in there permanently, it's way easier to use with the case. About the only reason I can see to take it out is if you need to dock it. I love having it sit around looking just like a book, but protected by the case in case someone spills something on it or it gets accidentally kicked off the table or whatever.

BacklitFirefly
Apr 6, 2010, 06:03 PM
Yes! I took mine off for a day just to have the feel of using the iPad without any case, and it was, as said above, quite a bear. I do love the case though, and will probably not take the iPad out very often anyway.

Wow, I'm getting really good at typing on this thing. :D

MICHAELSD
Apr 6, 2010, 06:07 PM
I don't think it's meant to be taken out of the apple case. I just got mine today and I'm liking it a lot. It fits nice and snug and doesn't add much too the size of it. I'm keeping mine on permanently. Why would you take it off?

In general, using the iPad is more comfortable with the case off. I also really like the look and feel of the aluminum.

HiRez
Apr 6, 2010, 06:09 PM
In general, using the iPad is more comfortable with the case off. I also really like the look and feel of the aluminum.

That's interesting. Totally the opposite view for me. With no case I was really struggling to get comfortable holding, using, and carrying the iPad. It's slippery and hard to find a good angle for typing.

MICHAELSD
Apr 6, 2010, 06:12 PM
I also wanted to use the case when I showed it off and let other people use it so I don't have to worry about the aluminum back.0, so the Apple folio would be good if it wasnlighter.

h00ligan
Apr 6, 2010, 06:29 PM
That's interesting. Totally the opposite view for me. With no case I was really struggling to get comfortable holding, using, and carrying the iPad. It's slippery and hard to find a good angle for typing.

+1. I haven't seen a better case for my taste yet. Which actually sucks as I think the apple case is way overpriced. If the case starts to show any fraying I will be tiring up a storm.

Acevesx
Apr 6, 2010, 06:31 PM
I love the case too bu I don't see how some say they'll never take the ipad out of the case! I've taken it out twice to clean both the case and ipad dust and crumbs and stuff do get under the edges of the case.

A perfect solution would be to put a full wrap invisible shield on it but imagine taking It out of the case then, it's hard Enough

Pheelyx
Apr 6, 2010, 06:33 PM
I'm glad its not just me. I took mine out of the Apple case for the first time today. It was beyond difficult. I thought I was going to have to cut the case off of it.

I am already on the lookout for a different type of case. If I hadn't already tossed all the packaging, I would be returning this case.

Sleazy E
Apr 6, 2010, 07:25 PM
I just got the case and love it. Not sure I will need to take it out of the case so I am not too concerned about it's snug fit. I prefer the snug fit.

mbsaeger
Apr 6, 2010, 07:28 PM
My case just shipped today, delivery for friday. I was also planning on using it in the dock... :(

sheaitisnotso
Apr 6, 2010, 08:14 PM
Yeah just got mine today and after realizing I put it in the wrong way the first time and saw how hard it was to get out, I know I'm just gonna leave it in all the time. Very impressed with the case and stand for it as I'm watching baseball on it right now

calderone
Apr 6, 2010, 08:20 PM
Yep, that is why I am returning mine.

mac jones
Apr 6, 2010, 08:32 PM
My case just shipped today, delivery for friday. I was also planning on using it in the dock... :(

Mine too-Friday.

I guess a lot of the late online buyers are getting them now for Friday.

Fedex by the way.

zedsdead
Apr 6, 2010, 08:33 PM
It is not easy, but this is the first time I had to pull it out because i like the Dock at night when I work on the computer (have it in picture frame mode or some other stuff).

The case has some really great features, but it is disappointing that it is so annoying to get out. I think that over time it will be easier.

MICHAELSD
Apr 7, 2010, 04:52 PM
I've been pulling at the top frame that secures the iPad. It has loosened a little, but it's still a struggle to get the iPad out. Now, it comes out about an inch, then I have to force it out, and it flies out after trying for around thirty seconds. The corners of the top frame seem to be the hardest part to loosen. I hope I can loosen it further, it's still too tight, and having it "fly out" could lead to it breaking if I ever loose my grip. The iPad seems to go in and out of the Incase folio smoothly, but the corners are exposed in that.

Maaz
Apr 7, 2010, 05:20 PM
I just took mine out, it wasn't even hard. Honestly it took me about 20 seconds.

MICHAELSD
Apr 8, 2010, 01:33 AM
It looks like tiny parts of the top right corner of the aluminum bezel chipped off. I don't know if my iPad came with that or if the case is that tight that if your force the iPad out a few times it may damage it despite the microfiber interior. Has anybody else noticed something similar?

kultschar
Apr 8, 2010, 07:39 AM
It looks like tiny parts of the top right corner of the aluminum bezel chipped off. I don't know if my iPad came with that or if the case is that tight that if your force the iPad out a few times it may damage it despite the microfiber interior. Has anybody else noticed something similar?

Ohh - dont like the sound of that!!

Can anybody confirm if the lead can be sneaked in for charging (I know docking is not possible but what about just the lead plugged into the iPad?)

If so is this a struggle or is there a hole for it to fit into?

melman101
Apr 8, 2010, 07:40 AM
Ohh - dont like the sound of that!!

Can anybody confirm if the lead can be sneaked in for charging (I know docking is not possible but what about just the lead plugged into the iPad?)

If so is this a struggle or is there a hole for it to fit into?

There is a cut out in the case to plug in the 30-pin connector :-). It's not a struggle what so ever.

kultschar
Apr 8, 2010, 07:44 AM
There is a cut out in the case to plug in the 30-pin connector :-). It's not a struggle what so ever.

Cool - just hope my case innards doesnt get dirty too quickly!

f00f
Apr 8, 2010, 09:18 AM
I didn't find it hard to get the iPad out of the case. It is a tight fit, yes, but once a method is established it's cake. That said, clearly this case is not designed to be taken on and off all the time. I ultimately returned the case because I felt it was a dust magnet, and am now running naked. :eek:

TxMacAddict
Apr 8, 2010, 09:25 AM
After reading several threads RE: the dificulty of removing it from the Apple case I tried it and found it to be extremely easy. And my case has a very tight fit.

az431
Apr 9, 2010, 12:16 AM
After reading several threads RE: the dificulty of removing it from the Apple case I tried it and found it to be extremely easy. And my case has a very tight fit.

I agree. I was scared to try it because of all the horror stories. It took all of 3 seconds.

pvmacguy
Apr 9, 2010, 12:29 AM
I have been removing my case every night since Monday to dock my iPad in for charging. It doesn't bother me taking it out mine slips in and out nicely. I just wish it would have been designed better to work with the dock. I think if it didn't have the kittle edges around it it would.

mac jones
Apr 9, 2010, 01:42 PM
You can pull the case out really easily if you don't try to slide it right away.

Pull the right side of the case 'off' the iPad. (peal it)

It's thin so it just pulls to the side and back of the iPad.

Then you can slide it without reaching in to the left (which is too tight a fit) , or take it out that way altogether

really easy.

msavwah
Apr 9, 2010, 11:03 PM
Used it without a case for three days until my apple case arrived.
Much prefer it in the case. No plans to take it out unless I need to clean it.
I actually did not purchase the dock because they can't be used together.

The apple case is great if you won't be using any docks.

If you want to use a dock or take it out of the case a lot then find another case.

For me it's perfect.