PDA

View Full Version : Music skipping to next song while walking

JackVa1
Apr 7, 2010, 08:43 AM
My wife just came back from a walk with her new Touch and claimes that the playlist was playing 15-20 seconds of each song and then skipping to the next. Any ideas? She said it was fine when she held it in her hand but skipped when in her pocket. Is she just brushing the "next" song key as she walks? Is there a fix, like a lock button?

Compile 'em all
Apr 7, 2010, 08:45 AM
Settings>iPod>Shake to shuffle> OFF

skruggie
Apr 7, 2010, 08:55 AM
thank you!!!! I've been having the same problem with my new iphone, I had no idea it did this.

JackVa1
Apr 7, 2010, 02:59 PM
Settings>iPod>Shake to shuffle> OFF

Duh

Thanks I can not believe there is such a feature - trying to think why someone would need this -

Lunchbox700
Apr 7, 2010, 05:26 PM
That is weird though because I walk to work everyday and have shake to shuffle on and it doesn't skip on its own.

blaksnatch
Jan 15, 2011, 04:16 PM
As a newcomer to iPhone I really appreciate your post

Megagator
Jan 15, 2011, 05:25 PM
Shake To Shuffle doesn't work when you have the iPod or iPhone locked. :)

mofunk
Jan 15, 2011, 07:41 PM
Shake To Shuffle doesn't work when you have the iPod or iPhone locked. :)

It does work when you have it on Shuffle and iPhone/iTouch locked. This is my 3rd Touch and 5th iPod...and for some reason it shuffles when you have it locked. My guess that it's happening when you pocket indadvertedly hits the on/off button. Which prompts your iTunes controls to come on. Eventhough its "technically" locked it still shuffles.

It could be a bug in the system but it happens. For some reason this is the only iPod Touch that I've had it happen on. :cool:

LeighAnna Jones
Jan 16, 2011, 02:24 AM
It does not do this when I walk. ??? Strange.

Panther71
Jan 16, 2011, 04:01 PM
I occasionally have this problem but had no idea what was causing it. I have turned off The shake to shuffle feature.

nagromme
Jan 16, 2011, 04:41 PM
My first thought when I saw this post is an entirely different issue (one which I’ve seen happen), one resulting from a slightly-too-loose headphone connection (or a connection stressed by a pocket, say). In that case, the “crackle” that occasionally happens as the cord moves can sometimes be interpreted as a signal from an in-cord remote, and can trigger unwanted skips/pauses/etc.

Rare, but I put it out there in case anyone Googles for a similar problem.

It does not do this when I walk. ??? Strange.

Depends on how you walk, I suppose :)

Disc Golfer
Jan 17, 2011, 11:15 AM
My ipod touch either skips to the next song or simply disconnects from airplay speakers if I try to play dizzee rascal. Shake to shuffle is off and I've never plugged headphones into the ipod, only use it with airplay, and it's always sitting flat on a nonmoving tabletop when it happens. It only happens with dizzee rascal, it's as if my ipod is telling me not to listen to such crap.

flyfish29
Jan 17, 2011, 01:10 PM
it will also depend on where the user wears it- arm, jacket pocket, waist, other.

whocaresit
Jan 17, 2011, 01:21 PM
You must be jumping while you walk.

techlady
Jun 2, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hello, my iPod Touch recently started skipping songs when I walk/jog or run. It hasn't done it before. I used to have the Shuffle setting on, but I disabled it now. It still skips songs. It doesn't do it when I am not walking/jogging/running. If I just hold it in my hand or sit it down, it will play fine. When I run/walk/jog w/ it, I wear it on my arm inside an armband case. How can I fix this problem? Any assistance is appreciated.