PDA

View Full Version : Battery time with 10.6.3

nph
Apr 9, 2010, 07:50 AM
Did you notice any improved battery time from 10.6.3?
I rolled back to Leopard after I noticed a difference in battery time, about 20-30 minutes.
So I am curious if 10.6.3 improved it again since they seem to have optimized some drivers in it.

Thanks

Scottsdale
Apr 9, 2010, 08:55 AM
I haven't noticed any improved battery life in 10.6.3. However, I have noticed much cooler operating temps and better video performance. Basically, OpenGL is running twice as well as it did before 10.6.3 on Snow Leopard. I am still getting about four hours with display turned down and Bluetooth off. Someone else mentioned possibly better battery life between charges, but I specifically checked it twice and noticed about the same battery as before 10.6.3. I didn't notice any difference between Leopard and Snow Leopard before 10.6.3 other than OpenGL being terrible in Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard premiered a 30%+ drop in OpenGL from Leopard to Snow Leopard 10.6, 10.6.1, and 10.6.2.

If anything, 10.6.3 is a huge step in the right direction, but I don't know that it means better battery... in any way.

nukiduz
Apr 9, 2010, 10:10 AM
How much time are you getting with, say, half brightness, wifi ON, some light web surfing and word processing?