Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Hey, he died the way he lived, feeling good, except for the heart attack, of course. If every day was a party to him, he lived a good life. :)

The rest of us should be so lucky.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 20, 2002
His death will be of a benefit, if just one person sees the destructiveness of drugs and quit. He died in his sleep and so it was painless. My prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. I doubt that his life was all that great there are side effect to drugs and he may have been in discomfort and pain.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
*shocked gasp*

no, wait, i can do that better.

*shocked gasp and chest-clutching*

rick james...

on DRUGS?!?!

huh. you never would have guessed.

paul

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
wdlove said:
His death will be of a benefit, if just one person sees the destructiveness of drugs and quit. He died in his sleep and so it was painless. My prayers go out to his family and friends. May he rest in peace. I doubt that his life was all that great there are side effect to drugs and he may have been in discomfort and pain.

You know as well as I do that prescription meds are as much a problem as are illegal drugs. Doctors prescribe far too quickly. People popped vallium in the 1960s and 1970s as if it was aspirin. Oxycontin is worse and seems to be all the rage today.

I don't endorse drug use of any kind, prescriptions included, but Rick James wasn't going to stop. It was part of his life. I seriously doubt, knowing his life, that his death is going to change anyone's opinion about drugs of any kind. It's just like alcohol, something that's beneficial in small quantities, is horrendously bad on the liver in larger quantities. Do many people stop because of that?

neut

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2001
here (for now)
Laslo Panaflex said:
R.I.P Rick James.

Just goes to show you how distructive drugs are.

... shouldn't that be, "Just goes to show you how self-distructive man is" ?

how many people died from drugs/guns/material anything today? how many people died from greed/jealousy/human emotions today?

which is going to kill you?

nothing is an accident.

peace.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.