PDA

View Full Version : Subtle layout problems

sebisworld
Sep 19, 2004, 04:31 AM
Not that it matters at all, but:

- The left column does not display correctly in Win IE 6.0
- The top menu bar (MacRumors|Page 2|Buyer's Guide|Shop|Forums) needs to be raised by one pixel in Safari.
- The "More" button at the "Site comments"-box on the bottom right does not work.

And yes, I know that those issues really do not have any significance.

slooksterPSV
Sep 19, 2004, 11:48 AM
On MAC IE sux, I would use Firefox over Mac's IE

edesignuk
Sep 19, 2004, 11:52 AM
On MAC IE sux, I would use Firefox over Mac's IE
IE 6 doesn't exist for mac, from this you can assume that sebisworld is on Windows, not to mention the fact they said "Win IE 6.0" :rolleyes:

Even so, on Windows I'd dump IE, it's the door that opens for all spyware/adware/malware. Use Firefox and never be bothered again.

sebisworld
Sep 19, 2004, 12:37 PM
Even so, on Windows I'd dump IE, it's the door that opens for all spyware/adware/malware. Use Firefox and never be bothered again.

I would choose Firefox over IE anytime, but I was at work when I wrote the entry, where I am blessed with Microsoft. I kinda like IE, though - just think about all the popups it bugs its users with, so that we don't have to bother with them.

tech4all
Sep 19, 2004, 02:44 PM
- The top menu bar (MacRumors|Page 2|Buyer's Guide|Shop|Forums) needs to be raised by one pixel in Safari.

Dang, how the heck did you notice something off by one pixel? :eek: Actually I'm not quite sure where this is at on the pages you specified. Seems ok to me :P

edesignuk
Sep 19, 2004, 02:52 PM
Actually I'm not quite sure where this is at on the pages you specified. Seems ok to me :Psebisworld is talking about this bit.
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/forums/mrmenu.jpg

tech4all
Sep 19, 2004, 03:12 PM
sebisworld is talking about this bit.
http://upload.yo-momma.net/uploads/forums/mrmenu.jpg

Where exactly is it off by 1 pixel? :confused:

sebisworld
Sep 19, 2004, 03:15 PM
Where exactly is it off by 1 pixel? :confused:

tech4all
Sep 19, 2004, 03:28 PM
Oh ok I think I see it now, it's where the shadow on "Forums" goes a lil below the bar.

EDIT: Interesting, I don't have that on my browser (Safari)

slooksterPSV
Sep 19, 2004, 07:59 PM
Thanks a lot now its irritating me now. That is off by about 1 pixel, he's right.