PDA

View Full Version : Must have iPad apps?

Mjmar
Apr 12, 2010, 07:23 PM
I bought an iTunes gift card the other day just so I could buy a few apps for my new iPad, but after browsing the store for awhile nothing catches my attention. Apparently plants vs zombies is awesome, but idk if it's worth 10 bucks. Anybody have recommendations?

Akash.B
Apr 12, 2010, 07:28 PM
NFS Shift seems fun, PvZ is definately a good buy too.

ClaireL
Apr 12, 2010, 07:33 PM
Need For Speed Shift is freaking awesome, worth every penny. Zombieville HD is only $1.99 and worth getting too if you are into that type of game. Let's Golf HD is a blast and has beautiful graphics. X-Plane 9 for the iPad is Amazing, check out Dungeon Hunter HD If you are into RPG games.

Jaro65
Apr 12, 2010, 07:46 PM
So I guess when you wrote "apps," you really meant games, right?

AceFernalld
Apr 12, 2010, 07:48 PM
Geometry Wars: Touch for iPad is a really fun game for $10 :)

Sleazy E
Apr 12, 2010, 07:49 PM
Plants vs zombies is awesome!

gillybean
Apr 12, 2010, 07:49 PM
If you mean "Apps" instead of just games, then GoodReader and Air Video are must-have apps.

gillybean
Apr 12, 2010, 07:50 PM
Need For Speed Shift is freaking awesome, worth every penny. Zombieville HD is only $1.99 and worth getting too if you are into that type of game. Let's Golf HD is a blast and has beautiful graphics. X-Plane 9 for the iPad is Amazing, check out Dungeon Hunter HD If you are into RPG games.

Have you been able to beat the Drifting levels of NFS shift? It's kind of frustrating having beat everything else (including stage 4-7) but I can't get more than 50-60 seconds drifting so I can't get that fastest car.

SchneiderMan
Apr 12, 2010, 07:52 PM
Real Racing for fun and Flight Control

ClaireL
Apr 12, 2010, 07:53 PM
Have you been able to beat the Drifting levels of NFS shift? It's kind of frustrating having beat everything else (including stage 4-7) but I can't get more than 50-60 seconds drifting so I can't get that fastest car.

Sorry, haven't gotten to that stage yet but will let you know if I actually pass those Drifting levels. :)

aerospace
Apr 12, 2010, 08:12 PM
Netflix free
Air video free version is limited-try it/2.99 full version
Zombie attack bridge defense has free version. Really fun/addictive
Scrabble 9.99
Epicourious free

Mjmar
Apr 12, 2010, 08:17 PM

No, I meant anything. Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

mcdj
Apr 12, 2010, 08:18 PM

heh. watch, in 10 years we'll call anything a software developer makes for any platform an app, thanks to App..le.

"hey did you get the new Halo app? How bout the new Gears of War app?"

Simgar988
Apr 13, 2010, 12:47 AM
If you mean "Apps" instead of just games, then GoodReader and Air Video are must-have apps.

how fast is air video?

any good over 3g tethering? Man, Im so excited to tether my 3GS

Dammit Cubs
Apr 13, 2010, 01:03 AM
can Airvideo be used to as a file directory for offline videos like lets say for an airplane trip.

sassenach74
Apr 13, 2010, 01:06 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

can Airvideo be used to as a file directory for offline videos like lets say for an airplane trip.

No, sorry. It's streaming only. Very good though.

Simgar988
Apr 13, 2010, 01:06 AM

you mean instead of videos?

Dammit Cubs
Apr 13, 2010, 01:08 AM
you mean instead of videos?

I mean can you upload video on the ipad like Good reader and the airvideo will transcode it for you. Or do you need a server (main computer) to run it through...

Simgar988
Apr 13, 2010, 01:55 AM
I mean can you upload video on the ipad like Good reader and the airvideo will transcode it for you. Or do you need a server (main computer) to run it through...

you can put videos on your ipad via itunes

MythicFrost
Apr 13, 2010, 02:14 AM
Real Racing HD, N.O.V.A HD, Dungeon Hunter HD, Low Grav Racer 2 HD, Fieldrunner, The Elements, Asphalt 5, Cocoto Kart HD online. They are some good ones I think.

brayhite
Mar 10, 2011, 12:13 PM
I decided to resurrect an old thread to ask the same question..

Buying my first iPad soon, what are some must-have apps? I didn't bother looking at the responses in this thread as I figured they'd be outdated answers. I'm already planning on getting GarageBand. Any others?

And I'm sure this is a basic question, but even if you purchased the iPhone version of the app, you also must purchase the iPad version separately, correct?

Thanks!

audioteknika
Mar 10, 2011, 12:28 PM
I decided to resurrect an old thread to ask the same question..

Buying my first iPad soon, what are some must-have apps? I didn't bother looking at the responses in this thread as I figured they'd be outdated answers. I'm already planning on getting GarageBand. Any others?

And I'm sure this is a basic question, but even if you purchased the iPhone version of the app, you also must purchase the iPad version separately, correct?

Thanks!

Yes, you need to buy the iPad version if the app isn't universal (with the little plus sign). Universal apps run on both iphone/ipad without pixel doubling (2X)

Phisherman81
Mar 10, 2011, 03:00 PM
TabToolkit for guitar tabs

brayhite
Mar 10, 2011, 07:10 PM
TabToolkit for guitar tabs

I already bought the Ultimate Guitar tabs app for my iPhone. Is TabToolkit much better?

Sparky9292
Mar 12, 2011, 06:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I bought an iTunes gift card the other day just so I could buy a few apps for my new iPad, but after browsing the store for awhile nothing catches my attention. Apparently plants vs zombies is awesome, but idk if it's worth 10 bucks. Anybody have recommendations?

ITether to leech off your iPhones data plan.
Goodreader

blackNBUK
Mar 12, 2011, 08:35 PM
AppShopper should be on the list, it tells you which Apps have recently had price reductions...