PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV won't Sync

Kcissem D
Apr 12, 2010, 07:43 PM
After thinking about it for awhile i bought a apple tv today and i'm already starting to regret it. I can't get the thing to sync with Itunes. I've tried it wirelessly, hardwired, straight in, etc and each time it say some error to do with port 3689. I don't use a firewall and don't think it is a router as it wouldn't sync even when connected straight to the apple tv box itself bypassing all other network elements. I can stream to it just fine, it's the syncing that is causing all my issues. any ideas?

Kcissem D
Apr 13, 2010, 04:28 AM
nevermind, i figured it out

rogervzv
Apr 13, 2010, 07:21 PM
nevermind, i figured it out

What was the problem?

I love my two Apple TVs!

Kcissem D
Apr 14, 2010, 06:24 AM
What was the problem?

I love my two Apple TVs!

i had the integro virus barrier installed and was causing it to block the port apple tv needed.

drummerlondonw3
Apr 14, 2010, 06:27 AM
when they work they work great but they can be a bit temperamental :)

MacBoobsPro
Apr 14, 2010, 07:09 AM
when they work they work great but they can be a bit temperamental :)

Quote of the day!

Pupsicle
Apr 14, 2010, 11:41 AM
I've got the same problem. ATV no longer shows in iTunes since installing Integra and the sync is patchy, rather than impossible.

So what was the fix? Did you remove Integra or change one of the settings to enable the Apple TV sync?

pup

Kcissem D
Apr 15, 2010, 05:42 AM
I've got the same problem. ATV no longer shows in iTunes since installing Integra and the sync is patchy, rather than impossible.

So what was the fix? Did you remove Integra or change one of the settings to enable the Apple TV sync?

pup

i just simply disabled the real time monitoring feature.

munkees
Apr 15, 2010, 11:42 AM
I found the IPV6 being switched on, gave me all kinds of sync problems, switch it of in network setting and it works just fine.

Pupsicle
Apr 16, 2010, 07:00 AM
I've changed the IPV6 to off and hey ho, ATV is seen in iTunes and starts syncing straight away. Looks like that's a fix!:o:o:o

Pup:D