Uh, what?

miles01110
Apr 13, 2010, 10:17 AM
Looks like it's still there to me.

spinnerlys
Apr 13, 2010, 10:21 AM
That's it, no more MBA...
I guess we should be happy there are still some notebooks made by Apple. :(

By the same logic the Mac Pro is dead too.

Finally, I hope Apple learned its lesson and starts making decent computers like the iPad. Who needs those other computers anyway. They will be all killed within a year, because there was no update to them.

duky
Apr 13, 2010, 10:27 AM
Finally, I hope Apple learned its lesson and starts making decent computers like the iPad. Who needs those other computers anyway. They will be all killed within a year, because there was no update to them.

LOL! I don't think the MBA is "killed". But considering the relatively minor upgrades to the 13" MBP, I think the MBA will at best see a spec bump relatively soon (graphics upgrade and faster processor (2.2 and 2.53?)) and there is a larger overhaul (with design change, larger battery life, glass trackpad etc) in the works. It's a great computer in the lineup that I hope doesn't die. There definitely is a market for it, if they up the specs

snowboarder
Apr 13, 2010, 10:31 AM
Looks like it's still there to me.

Yeah, Apple TV is still there too...
Come on, be realistic. It's gone, dead.

Bobjob186
Apr 13, 2010, 10:39 AM
i'm with you, if they were going to update it wouldn't they have updated it today??

duky
Apr 13, 2010, 10:41 AM
i'm with you, if they were going to update it wouldn't they have updated it today??

Same reason they didn't update the MBPs last Tuesday and have a bunch of Apple news all in one week/day. Either a) they're still working on it, b) they want to stretch out news coverage so that nothing gets overlooked or c) they are waiting for a bigger update to it, which is still a bit away.

Bobjob186
Apr 13, 2010, 11:01 AM
Same reason they didn't update the MBPs last Tuesday and have a bunch of Apple news all in one week/day. Either a) they're still working on it, b) they want to stretch out news coverage so that nothing gets overlooked or c) they are waiting for a bigger update to it, which is still a bit away.

a) I don't see this one being probable since soldering 4 gigs worth of ram on a logic board and putting a 2.26ghz processor in doesn't take too much work.

b) It's not like they had a keynote today, they put the new machines on the website, hardly think adding an updated MBA would cause for machines to be overlooked.

c) You really want to wait for a bigger update? This computer has been the same since oct. 2008, how much more time would you like?

duky
Apr 13, 2010, 11:04 AM
This computer has been the same since oct. 2008, how much more time would you like?

Precisely why I think a larger update than a spec bump (more RAM, faster processor) is necessary. It's missing many features of the newer laptops and the design hasn't changed in all that time.