PDA

View Full Version : When is Late April!

peteullo
Apr 13, 2010, 09:54 PM
I wish Apple would just give people an update on when the 3G iPads will be shipping. I can understand the reasons of maybe delaying this longer than the wifi iPad but all I want is a freaking specific date!!! Is it really that hard? Half the month is over already!!

Intell
Apr 13, 2010, 09:57 PM
If there is Early, Mid, and Late times in Apple's world then I'd say sometime after April 20th.

avaloncourt
Apr 13, 2010, 09:57 PM
Expect an announcement of the date after next Monday. The return period for the initial purchasers will be over.

anthonymoody
Apr 13, 2010, 10:01 PM
Late April, in this context, is after today, and before May 1.

matthewHUB
Apr 13, 2010, 10:25 PM
Expect an announcement of the date after next Monday. The return period for the initial purchasers will be over.

this.

Nykwil
Apr 13, 2010, 11:32 PM
"You'll have all the Slurm you can drink when you're partying with Slurms McKenzie!"

"When will that be?"

"Soon enough."

"That's not soon enough!"

hovercast
Apr 14, 2010, 03:55 AM
I found this page about ipad

http://socialmediaseo.net/2010/04/07/ipad-3g-worldwide-release-date/

xROBERTxDAVISx
Apr 14, 2010, 04:02 AM
1st to 10th = early
10th to 20th = mid
20th to 30th = late

April has 30 days so its easily split up into that 3 sections.

The 24th thing been kicking about a while now. No one knows if its correct or not. All I can say is 24th is in late april.

bobob
Apr 14, 2010, 04:23 AM

Clever!

WizardHunt
Apr 14, 2010, 04:33 AM
I found this page about ipad

http://socialmediaseo.net/2010/04/07/ipad-3g-worldwide-release-date/

That is interesting. Hope it is true. But I really doubt we will see another Saturday Delivery. That was very expensive for Apple to do that. I look for the 27th or at earliest Maybe just maybe April 23, 2010. But most likely April 27th.

zenntench_oni
Apr 14, 2010, 04:39 AM
chill out, about the release of the 3g iPad.
its not like its your whole life depends on the iPad. unless you wanna show off. heck i can wait till May 7th if i want to. lol!

i am to gonna get an 3g iPad. gonna wait till May 7th. i don't need it then.

Chundles
Apr 14, 2010, 04:47 AM
In Apple's parlance, late April is May 1st through to May 15th.

newyorksole
Apr 14, 2010, 07:18 AM
In Apple's parlance, late April is May 1st through to May 15th.

THANK YOU!

The iPad 3G will most likely not be available in April at all.

Buck987
Apr 14, 2010, 07:25 AM
my guess is after april 25...

Nash Bridges
Apr 14, 2010, 07:27 AM
From everything that has been posted all over the Blogs, a safe bet is the 24th.

Hmac
Apr 14, 2010, 07:29 AM
If the international release date for iPad wifi and wifi+3G in is April 24th (multiple rumors and the fact that Apple Store employees in Canada have told it's a "black" day - they can't take that day off), then it would be reasonable to assume that's the release day in the USA for the 3G as well. It would seem odd marketing to release the 3G internationally before it's released in the US.

TraceyS/FL
Apr 14, 2010, 07:35 AM
chill out, about the release of the 3g iPad.
its not like its your whole life depends on the iPad. unless you wanna show off. heck i can wait till May 7th if i want to. lol!

i am to gonna get an 3g iPad. gonna wait till May 7th. i don't need it then.

No, but i need something to use mobile and my MBP is slated for an out of warranty Apple Care repair. I need to get it in - but can't be without it for the 7-10 days it is going to take.

SOOO, they are waiting, I am waiting.

I need a date to make plans.

TraceyS/FL
Apr 14, 2010, 07:37 AM
If the international release date for iPad wifi and wifi+3G in is April 24th (multiple rumors and the fact that Apple Store employees in Canada have told it's a "black" day - they can't take that day off), then it would be reasonable to assume that's the release day in the USA for the 3G as well. It would seem odd marketing to release the 3G internationally before it's released in the US.

A 23rd arrival for the pre-orders in the states would be nice.... i could use it on my way out of town for the weekend!

Hmac
Apr 14, 2010, 09:01 AM
A 23rd arrival for the pre-orders in the states would be nice.... i could use it on my way out of town for the weekend!

The 24th is a Saturday. It would be interesting to know how Apple's experiment with UPS and Saturday-delivery went with the original iPad shipment as a means of trying to guess whether or not they'll do it that way with the 3G release. If so, that might lend more credence to the 24th.

r0k
Apr 14, 2010, 09:24 AM
I saw an article over at ars (http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/04/apple-delays-international-launch-of-ipad-due-to-high-demand.ars?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss) where they are saying it ships on the 24th. Who knows if it is real knowledge or merely repeating a rumor. I submitted it here to be checked out. It's probably speculation but maybe we will get a break and find out before our "return period" is over. I think I'll drop by the Apple store with my iPad in its original packaging (to show I'm serious) and inquire about waiting to make a swap when the 3G units come in. Still, it's easy to believe the 3G availability timing has less to do with manufacturing issues and more to do with lock-in. Still, in times of shortage, there's always ebay.

rdstoll
Apr 14, 2010, 09:38 AM
I posted this in another thread but if you read Apple's press release today on the delay of the international iPad shipments they had this to say on the 3G model: "We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April."

DELIVERY by the end of April. Take it for what it's worth but my interpretation is we have these bad boys in our hands by the end of the month.

Hammie
Apr 14, 2010, 09:52 AM
I posted this in another thread but if you read Apple's press release today on the delay of the international iPad shipments they had this to say on the 3G model: "We have also taken a large number of pre-orders for iPad 3G models for delivery by the end of April."

DELIVERY by the end of April. Take it for what it's worth but my interpretation is we have these bad boys in our hands by the end of the month.

I'm hoping that I get mine before 27 April 2010 since I will be away for training. I would love to have it to play with during breaks or whatever. Maybe even try taking some notes with it.

One can dream, right??

nasa25
Apr 14, 2010, 09:53 AM
yup....I guess the blackout date for Apple Canada employees of April 24th didn't amount to anything, now that Canada will not see iPad until late May.

Rogers has also announced that it would offer iPad plans once the iPad hits shelves here, if anyone is interested.

Hmac
Apr 14, 2010, 10:22 AM
yup....I guess the blackout date for Apple Canada employees of April 24th didn't amount to anything, now that Canada will not see iPad until late May.

Rogers has also announced that it would offer iPad plans once the iPad hits shelves here, if anyone is interested.

Yes. Today's announcement puts US shipments by April 24th in doubt IMHO. The question is whether they are delaying international shipments so they can fill US orders, or if the supply/demand issue is so bad that US delivery will be later in "late April".

DotComCTO
Apr 14, 2010, 12:53 PM

I'm with you. I posted something similar in another thread. On an annoying note, I've already received my keyboard dock, and my iPad case has been shipped, but is still sitting at FedEx in Hong Kong. So, I'll have everything I pre-ordered...EXCEPT my iPad. Ugh.

:p

--DotComCTO

ipadking
Apr 14, 2010, 12:58 PM
I wanted the 3G, but could'nt wait and got the Wifi. The biggest problem is not finding wifi out in public. Even when visiting friend's house, I have to ask them for WEP password, etc, its a hassle. Will definitely trade up to the 3g. Also, there's some rumors that the $30 month 3g plan is really unlimited, not 5gb like the iPhone dataplan.

Apple Expert
Apr 14, 2010, 01:00 PM
To me late April is the 30th. Anything sooner is just a plus. I"m expecting in my hands on the 30th.

Hmac
Apr 14, 2010, 01:27 PM
I wanted the 3G, but could'nt wait and got the Wifi. The biggest problem is not finding wifi out in public. Even when visiting friend's house, I have to ask them for WEP password, etc, its a hassle. Will definitely trade up to the 3g. Also, there's some rumors that the $30 month 3g plan is really unlimited, not 5gb like the iPhone dataplan.

Not a rumor - was actually publicly confirmed by AT&T that there would be no data cap for the iPad unlimited plan.

Now, bear in mind that that plan is a month-to-month plan, so nobody will be "grandfathered" in. If AT&T finds that bandwidth usage become problematic because of people tethering their iPads etc, they can just change the rules and impose a cap, and they're only on the hook for those bandwidth abusers for a month maximum.

Cerda
Apr 15, 2010, 09:39 PM
I hope by the 26th it will be shipped, or be in retail stores.

machead33
Apr 18, 2010, 06:13 PM
I agree that the release should be in the next 12 days. Hopefully I can hold it in my hand after shipping this month.

I am sick of seeing everybody at the Apple store playing with them, I need mine! Apple, give us a date!

Machead33:D:confused::D

PDelahanty
Apr 18, 2010, 06:39 PM
I am sick of seeing everybody at the Apple store playing with them, I need mine! Apple, give us a date!

No kidding!

Even if it was April 30th, knowing the date would help me wait. Not knowing a date and constantly checking to see if it has shipped is driving me crazy.

Didn't the non-3G iPads have a specific date announced several weeks in advance? Hardly seems fair that they're keeping the 3G date a secret so long. I'm convinced that Apple simply forgot.

Seriously though, "Late April" HAS to be THIS WEEK. Next week would be considered "End of April".

TraceyS/FL
Apr 18, 2010, 06:48 PM
I agree that the release should be in the next 12 days. Hopefully I can hold it in my hand after shipping this month.

Machead33:D:confused::D

Forget that - my own child won't share hers with me. I padnap it - and she manages to sneak it back.

HMPH.

I've had maybe 15 minutes with hers since it arrived....