Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipadking

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2010
CA
I wanted the 3G, but could'nt wait and got the Wifi. The biggest problem is not finding wifi out in public. Even when visiting friend's house, I have to ask them for WEP password, etc, its a hassle. Will definitely trade up to the 3g. Also, there's some rumors that the $30 month 3g plan is really unlimited, not 5gb like the iPhone dataplan.

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
I wanted the 3G, but could'nt wait and got the Wifi. The biggest problem is not finding wifi out in public. Even when visiting friend's house, I have to ask them for WEP password, etc, its a hassle. Will definitely trade up to the 3g. Also, there's some rumors that the $30 month 3g plan is really unlimited, not 5gb like the iPhone dataplan.

Not a rumor - was actually publicly confirmed by AT&T that there would be no data cap for the iPad unlimited plan.

Now, bear in mind that that plan is a month-to-month plan, so nobody will be "grandfathered" in. If AT&T finds that bandwidth usage become problematic because of people tethering their iPads etc, they can just change the rules and impose a cap, and they're only on the hook for those bandwidth abusers for a month maximum.

machead33

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
When is Late April?

I agree that the release should be in the next 12 days. Hopefully I can hold it in my hand after shipping this month.

I am sick of seeing everybody at the Apple store playing with them, I need mine! Apple, give us a date!

Machead33:D:confused::D

PDelahanty

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2010
Boston, MA
I am sick of seeing everybody at the Apple store playing with them, I need mine! Apple, give us a date!

No kidding!

Even if it was April 30th, knowing the date would help me wait. Not knowing a date and constantly checking to see if it has shipped is driving me crazy.

Didn't the non-3G iPads have a specific date announced several weeks in advance? Hardly seems fair that they're keeping the 3G date a secret so long. I'm convinced that Apple simply forgot.

Seriously though, "Late April" HAS to be THIS WEEK. Next week would be considered "End of April".

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I agree that the release should be in the next 12 days. Hopefully I can hold it in my hand after shipping this month.

Machead33:D:confused::D

Forget that - my own child won't share hers with me. I padnap it - and she manages to sneak it back.

HMPH.

I've had maybe 15 minutes with hers since it arrived....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.