PDA

View Full Version : iPad restarting time to time when using apps

MythicFrost
Apr 13, 2010, 10:46 PM
I've noticed the iPad has restarted once or twice while using a few of the iPad apps, Safari was one of the apps I think, and maybe The Elements. And again I was playing Yahtzee (iPhone game) on the iPad and it just restarted -- lost the game progress.

I've played with it a lot, it's only happened a few times... I've played games like Dungeon Hunter HD, Real Racing HD, Modern Combat: Sandstorm HD, N.O.V.A HD without issue.
I understand apps crash, but I don't think the device should be restarting right? Or is it no big deal?

FYI, I live in Australia and had this shipped here and don't want to be sending it in.

Sleazy E
Apr 13, 2010, 10:51 PM
I know this doesn't help your situation to hear but I have not had any crashes nor restarts. I'd say it isn't normal.

master-ceo
Apr 13, 2010, 10:54 PM
Process of elimination. Remove the apps that you think are the problem and test.

MythicFrost
Apr 13, 2010, 10:56 PM
Well, I want those apps. It's not restarting when I'm not using apps. However, one of the apps was Safari I think -- I can't remove it.

admanimal
Apr 13, 2010, 11:41 PM
The whole iPad is turning off and restarting or just the app crashes and you return to the home screen?

MythicFrost
Apr 13, 2010, 11:44 PM
The whole iPad is turning off and restarting or just the app crashes and you return to the home screen?
The iPad is restarting, it turns off and then I see the Apple logo while it boots back up.

ClaireL
Apr 14, 2010, 12:18 AM
Mine has never restarted. This is not normal. Re-install and test