iPad restarting time to time when using apps

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by MythicFrost, Apr 13, 2010.

1. macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I've noticed the iPad has restarted once or twice while using a few of the iPad apps, Safari was one of the apps I think, and maybe The Elements. And again I was playing Yahtzee (iPhone game) on the iPad and it just restarted -- lost the game progress.

I've played with it a lot, it's only happened a few times... I've played games like Dungeon Hunter HD, Real Racing HD, Modern Combat: Sandstorm HD, N.O.V.A HD without issue.
    I understand apps crash, but I don't think the device should be restarting right? Or is it no big deal?

FYI, I live in Australia and had this shipped here and don't want to be sending it in.

2. macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

I know this doesn't help your situation to hear but I have not had any crashes nor restarts. I'd say it isn't normal.

3. macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Process of elimination. Remove the apps that you think are the problem and test.

4. thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Well, I want those apps. It's not restarting when I'm not using apps. However, one of the apps was Safari I think -- I can't remove it.

5. macrumors 68040

The whole iPad is turning off and restarting or just the app crashes and you return to the home screen?

6. thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

The iPad is restarting, it turns off and then I see the Apple logo while it boots back up.

7. macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Mine has never restarted. This is not normal. Re-install and test