Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
i just noticed we have been passed. we were at 43, now we're at 44...

if i'm not mistaken, this is the first time we have been passed on our quest to the top 50. i could be wrong.

either way, it's a sad day.

we need more people joining!

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
Re: a sad day for folding

Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
if i'm not mistaken, this is the first time we have been passed on our quest to the top 50. i could be wrong.
Well we're already in the top 50, so our quest is over. That means we weren't overtaken on our quest, it was after our quest, so it's ok. :cool:

MacMaster

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Again, I would join, but my personal computer cannot run OS X.:( I am currently trying to convince my dad to let me run it on his computers during the night(all of the computers run 24/7). The computers are: an ibook 500, an iMac 400 DV, and an iMac 800 15". He thinks it's a good cause. I'll keep you updated on my progress.:rolleyes:

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
ahhh, i'm not good with links...

but check some of the older threads and find a link to the folding control app.

or else go to folding.stanford.edu

and download the apps. either the graphical or command line version. or both... and get rolling

3446 is the team number. word

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
It doesn't help that both my systems are crunching a p145 work unit, that's taking days to process.

And according to the F@H website, they are no longer running that protein.

Whoever is alotting time frames for these proteins should realize the big ones take longer...

:mad:

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
j-dog, I don't know what you been smoking, but we haven't been passed...yet.
We're in 43rd on the F@H page and 42nd on the Statsman page.

There are two teams who will probably pass us in the next month or so:
StorageForum.net - 2271.61 ppw in 45th/46th and ~1300 points back
Team Austech.Info - 2163.24 ppw in 46th/47th and ~ 2100 points back

We're at 1682.20 ppw, but rising now that our lab is back on line.

Let's get some new folders and pick up the pace.:D

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
Dukestreet,

Here are the links that you'll need for folding:

http://folding.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/teampage.detailed?q=3446 ( our team page)

http://folding.stanford.edu/ ( Home page of the Folding@Home )

And

http://macaddict4life.dhs.org/folding_control.php ( The folding app that everyone uses since it enables both processors on dual machines and it's faster then the graphical and much more user friendly then the console one)

Welcome to the team and happy folding!

Best regards

Originally posted by dukestreet
so if I switched from Seti - what would I have to do?

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
row-nerd

i guess i probably looked at the statsman page one day and the folding page a few later... ie, saw when it was 43 on statsman and then saw 44 on the other

i guess it's different cause of the ones that are anonymous right?

well at least i got some other people interested! or can pretend it was me that did it...

you know

you know

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
row-nerd

i guess i probably looked at the statsman page one day and the folding page a few later... ie, saw when it was 43 on statsman and then saw 44 on the other

i guess it's different cause of the ones that are anonymous right?

well at least i got some other people interested! or can pretend it was me that did it...

you know

you know

word

TypeR389

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2002
Seattle
Damn!

This stinks, I have been folding for a little while now and moving up the ranks quite well, think #13 now! :) But my computers are all going into storage for over a month while I am going to Africa! I need to find some person with broadband in Seattle willing to put my computer in the corner so it can process while I am gone!

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Re: Damn!

Originally posted by TypeR389
This stinks, I have been folding for a little while now and moving up the ranks quite well, think #13 now! :) But my computers are all going into storage for over a month while I am going to Africa! I need to find some person with broadband in Seattle willing to put my computer in the corner so it can process while I am gone!

I'd be stoked about going to Africa, if I were you.

We'll hang in there while you're gone.:)

TypeR389

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2002
Seattle
Re: Re: Damn!

Originally posted by Rower_CPU

I'd be stoked about going to Africa, if I were you.

We'll hang in there while you're gone.:)

Oh, I am! Just think, no computers, no phones, well no 24 hour electricity for that matter! Now I just need to make sure I can outrun the lions and such! :eek:

An just to think, hopefully byu the time I get back the new PM's will be out!:D

As for my trip, I am spending most of my time in Botswana doing habitat for humanity, but I am also visiting South Africa, Zambia and Zimbabwe (maybe, it is a little dicey there at the moment) Takeing a month holiday down there between contracts and trying to do some good while I am there! I'll have tons o pics when I get back up my site I can share...

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

eat me

hmm..... gonna have to pass for some reason....

my stomach doesn't have that capacity for one

typer- sounds cool. steer clear of nigeria.... from what i hear it's a bit dangerous there as well....

have a great trip

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.