PDA

View Full Version : Apps to transfer files btwn iPad and iPhone via bluetooth?

coelacanth
Apr 15, 2010, 12:42 PM
Still trying to decide between Wifi and 3G models. (Got 16 GB Wifi on day one)

I don't see much of 3G use on iPad, but I'm thinking "just in case" as probably many of us are. For example, I might need to download a file and edit, then upload/email when I'm on the road.

Now, are there apps that I can install on both iPhone and iPad, transfer files via bluetooth (not Wifi)? I think that will cover most of my potencial 3G needs on iPad.

coelacanth
Apr 15, 2010, 12:58 PM
Looks like Bluetooth Photo Share can share photos via bluetooth, but I couldn't get it to work between my iPhone 3GS and iPad.

MobileStudio let you transfer files, but it's strictly viewer and can't open files in native apps like Pages.

I hope GoodReader gains bluetooth sharing at some point...

christall109
Jul 30, 2010, 06:55 AM
Have there been any apps released since April that can no do this?

Can Air Sharing? I can't seem to find a straight answer for this question anywhere.

arctic
Jul 30, 2010, 09:28 AM
I don't have an answer but perhaps it'll easier for others to help if you can specify which type of files you have in mind.

Outrigger
Jul 30, 2010, 09:33 AM
Looks like Bluetooth Photo Share can share photos via bluetooth, but I couldn't get it to work between my iPhone 3GS and iPad.

it works find on my ip4 and my ipad. what sucks is that its only one at a time and its slow, but bluetooth has very limited bandwidth. I bought photo transfer and you can transfer to and from any idevice as well as computers up to 50 pics at a time, but you have to be on the same network as its wifi only.