PDA

View Full Version : UMAX 2100U scanner driver needed...

mikebatho
Sep 21, 2004, 03:57 PM
Anyone know where I can get a driver for my UMAX ASTRA 2100U scanner that mounts in OS X?

I don't have classic on my machine anymore, and before I look at having to install it I thought I'd try & get hold of a driver that mounts in OSX to use with Photoshop 7....

Anyone...? :confused:

jeremy.king
Sep 21, 2004, 03:59 PM
Try VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/)

mikebatho
Sep 21, 2004, 04:01 PM
trying it now, thank you, sir.....

mikebatho
Sep 21, 2004, 04:09 PM
For some reason its not seeing my scanner.....

pncc
Sep 21, 2004, 04:13 PM
Anyone know where I can get a driver for my UMAX ASTRA 2100U scanner that mounts in OS X?

I don't have classic on my machine anymore, and before I look at having to install it I thought I'd try & get hold of a driver that mounts in OSX to use with Photoshop 7....

Anyone...? :confused:

Vuescanmost likely will NOT work. The 2100U is a USB scanner. Vuescan's support page specifically says NO USB scanners from UMAX are supported.

mikebatho
Sep 21, 2004, 04:18 PM
He's right y'know....

it's USB......

mikebatho
Sep 22, 2004, 12:53 AM
Anyone....?

jeremy.king
Sep 22, 2004, 09:37 AM
Looks like you are S.O.L.

Umax doesn't support it
VueScan doesn't support it

Looks like you need a new scanner and don't buy UMAX, they don't think support for OS X is important.

Fump
Sep 22, 2004, 02:42 PM
I have the same scanner, and I can't get a mac or windows driver. They actually want you to pay for the driver and I just can't see that as right.

mischief
Sep 23, 2004, 12:16 PM
I'll concur with the above. I sold Macs for a couple of years.... Umax scanners are infamous for having really cool hardware with almost nonexistant drivers. They're worse than Epson is about their printers.

frida
Oct 17, 2006, 07:18 PM
Seeing how long ago you posted this query, it may no longer be an issue but there is a new 3rd party driver available here:

http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/

After installing, GraphicConverter recognized my UMAX 2100U. Don't forget to install the prefs pane and select your scanner there. I actually couldn't get my scanner to work but I think the driving mechanism has died. It tries to scan but only makes a grinding noise :(

jholzner
Oct 18, 2006, 10:35 AM
I will never buy another Umax scanner. I had a firewire scanner that they continued to sell even AFTER the release of OSX and they never supported the OS even though they advertised mac support. I use vuescan now but it sill pisses me off.

ITASOR
Oct 18, 2006, 07:57 PM
I have a UMAX something or other too that I can't get to work in OS X.