PDA

View Full Version : Magic Mouse tracking issue, has it been fixed since?

bbnck
Apr 18, 2010, 05:08 AM
Hi all,

I purchased the Magic Mouse last year when it was released and I was wondering if anyone still has the tracking / mouse speed slowness issue that was widely reported last year and early this year (if you still use a third party utility to increase the speed), or whether Apple have fixed that? I'd especially like to know for those that purchased a Magic Mouse last year/early this year. Does 10.6.3 fix it?

Thanks,
Ben.

CJS7070
Apr 18, 2010, 02:16 PM
It wasn't fixed for me, I had to up it manually in BetterTouchTool after I bought it yesterday.

IgnatiusTheKing
Apr 18, 2010, 02:18 PM
My tracking speed is fine most of the time but I get some crazy jumpiness on occasion.

IgnatiusTheKing
Apr 19, 2010, 04:25 PM
Just found out about MouseZoom (http://benh57.com/mousezoom.html), installed it and now my tracking issues all seem to have disappeared. Very happy right now.

Tulipone
Apr 20, 2010, 02:30 AM
I have used Mouse Wizard and never had any problems. Best mouse I have ever had.

Do any of you use anything other than the standard moves?

Chris

IgnatiusTheKing
Apr 20, 2010, 10:07 AM
I only use the standard gestures, I just want it to be smooth like a "normal" mouse. It was pretty jerky before, but most of that jerkiness—and more importantly the crazy jumpiness in the video—was alleviated once I installed MouseZoom.