PDA

View Full Version : What Apple keyboard do you own?

MacMini2009
Apr 18, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'm just wondering what Apple keyboard do you own? Wireless, Wired with number pad, or Wired without number pad. I personally have the Wired with out the number pad because I like how small and compact it is. Although, I've been thinking about getting a Wireless one.

GGJstudios
Apr 18, 2010, 03:14 PM
If you don't care about the number pad, the wireless is excellent! Great battery life, quiet, responsive and very compact. It's the best keyboard of any kind I've ever used.

hith
Apr 18, 2010, 07:26 PM
I've got both a wireless and a wired with number pad. I love the wired with number pad because it's got larger arrow keys. The wireless I keep for travel and the occasional use.

flopticalcube
Apr 18, 2010, 07:30 PM
Old-style white wired that I bought for $1 at a charity store and a 2007 3-battery wireless (refurb). I really like the wireless.

CJS7070
Apr 18, 2010, 08:49 PM
I have the wireless. I had the wired with numberpad at one point (before I had a Mac) and that carried over into my Mac mini, but eventually I just went out and bought the wireless model. I love it!

pooryou
Apr 18, 2010, 09:01 PM
They need to go back to these, from a time when Apple actually made good keyboards.
http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/m_kbdm2980.jpg

mobilehaathi
Apr 18, 2010, 09:02 PM
Wired with Number pad sits at work for my laptop when i lug it in.

mac2x
Apr 18, 2010, 09:07 PM
I've got both a wireless and a wired with number pad. I love the wired with number pad because it's got larger arrow keys. The wireless I keep for travel and the occasional use.

Same. Love them both. I can hardly use a 'traditional' PC keyboard 'cause I find the keys too hard to press. :D

gumbyx84
Apr 18, 2010, 10:54 PM
I have the (now old) aluminum wired keyboard with number pad. I love it and see no reason to use anything else. A wireless keyboard is overkill for my needs as I am never more then an arm's reach away from my MBP. Helps me save money on batteries. :)

Nermal
Apr 18, 2010, 10:59 PM
I have the Pro Keyboard (http://www.turningpointtechnology.com/img/KG/Apple/M7803.jpg). It's a bit old and due for replacement but I can't find a decent one with a Mac keyset (Command, Option) :(

Arran
Apr 18, 2010, 11:01 PM
Wired on the iMac (love the side USB ports).
Wired on the iPad (keyboard dock)
Wired on my creaky old Newton (but it still works!) :)

Hrududu
Apr 18, 2010, 11:08 PM
I have the Pro Keyboard (http://www.turningpointtechnology.com/img/KG/Apple/M7803.jpg). It's a bit old and due for replacement but I can't find a decent one with a Mac keyset (Command, Option) :(
I'm still using the same black Pro Keyboard as you. Still using the matching optical mouse as well. Its old, but I've grown used to the feel they have. On my Powermac 7600 I'm using the old Apple Adjustable Keyboard.

Nermal
Apr 18, 2010, 11:13 PM
I'm still using the same black Pro Keyboard as you. Still using the matching optical mouse as well.

I also still have the "blue" wired keyboard with black keys, and matching hockey puck mouse that came with my B&W G3 :)

peskaa
Apr 19, 2010, 06:00 AM
I use a new Wireless Keyboard on my Mac Pro most of the time, as it takes up the least amount of space on my desk. However I have a standard Keyboard (new style) stashed for use when I need the numberpad, and I just jack it into my monitor hub. My other half's set up is exactly the same.

Used to use the older white wireless keyboards, but hated how dirty they got. Prior to that I was using the old Pro Keyboard in acrylic and translucent black.