Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macs R Us

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I have came across a Prototype Apple PCI Card (from 1997) this Card has Firewire 200 (2 ports), Coax (2 ports), and S-Video(1 port)... I have surmised that since this card is from 1997 (ie Steves year) that when Steve came back and terminated lots of products (like the Newtons). I know I have heard of firewire 400 and 800. I have been able to use this card and it works fine (at least the firewire) I looked up the #(820-0872 and AP2819-06) and found nothing about it... This card also has some sort of internal Hd/or video connector... Has any one heard of this?

Macs R Us

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Here are the pics, sorry for the bad job of making the pic.:

firedirll1.jpg

firedirll2.jpg

mkaake

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2003
mi
heh... if that's the same card i'm thinking of, it's not quite that rare... other world computing had a bundle of those that they were trying to sell off. at least 100 of them.

here... they've been selling these for a while now, and they're just now saying they're getting low. 5 bucks a pop.

http://eshop.macsales.com/Search/Search.cfm?Column=Description2&Criteria=prototype&Manufacturer=

<edit>

if there dates are right on the xlr8yourmac article about it, they've been selling these for at least a year now, if not more. sounds about right.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.