Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
OEM doesn't have the same things a retail box would usually (cables, etc). Sometimes the warranty is shorter too, but this seems to have the 3 year warranty. That's a good price, and it should work fine being a standard Serial ATA drive. Just be sure to follow up on the warranty, but even without it, that's a pretty good price.

I've seen it a little cheaper, but the rebate makes up for it.

Blackheart

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2004
Seattle
OEM won't matter in this case. I bought an OEM western digital raptor drive and I needed nothing else in the installation other than the drive. Also, when installing the 2nd drive in the Powermac, the little rubber aligning screws are already in the case, 4 of them screwed into a plate to the left of the drives. It took me about a day to figure that one out...I was calling everywhere trying to figure out where I could get those things. Maybe I'm just slow or something :rolleyes: . But, then again, I guess I could have read the Powermac directions beforehand too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.