Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SiliconAddict

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2003
Chicago, IL
Its a nice thought but the reality is as long as imploder is bundled with the OS and as long as OEM's don't ship with FireFox installed by default, MS will have a built in advantage over everyone else. I'll be happy if FireFox nabs 30% of the market.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
SiliconAddict said:
Its a nice thought but the reality is as long as imploder is bundled with the OS and as long as OEM's don't ship with FireFox installed by default, MS will have a built in advantage over everyone else. I'll be happy if FireFox nabs 30% of the market.

that's true, but as IE becomes more of a liability in the corporate environment, it would not surprise me to see more and more users become familiar with alternative browsers, and, liking what they see, start to use them at home. So what if I have a copy of IE on my computer--I rarely use it, and complain to sites when I have to. And I don't go to msnbc any more.

Apple Hobo

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2004
A series of tubes
Good riddance. Maybe someday more sites will work properly on quality browsers. IE is pretty much the standard when it comes to browsers. Unfortunately, that "standard" is a steaming pile of crap, and everyone who doesn't use IE is forced to deal with it at some point.

JOD8FY

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2004
United States
Just wishful thinking :rolleyes:.

There are so many better options out there, I don't know why anyone would use it unless they needed to access IE only websites. I use Firefox on my PC and Safari on my Mac :).

JOD8FY

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
JOD8FY said:
Just wishful thinking :rolleyes:.

There are so many better options out there, I don't know why anyone would use it unless they needed to access IE only websites. I use Firefox on my PC and Safari on my Mac :).

JOD8FY
Me too :)

I've tried other browsers too, like Shiira and OmniWeb (for the Mac) - I didn't like them as much as I do Safari, though. In fact, I am so paranoid about Windows security that I do all my web surfing on my Mac, then transfer any Windows-only stuff I downloaded.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
No kidding.

I can't imagine how anyone could stand to use IE in 2 years when it still hasn't been updated, and still has HORRIBLE CSS support.

Please do web designers around the worlda favor and support Moz.org (support following web standards).

Spread the word:

Firefox
Mozilla
Opera
Netscape
or anything else!

scem0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.