Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
my logic board went bad! this is the first case i have heard where the logic board on an iBook G4 going bad. its my first experience with applecare so i hope all goes well.

but anyways heres what happened. i was playing a game of starcraft, a 2v2 game. my partner decides to back-stab. i eventually end up killing my backstabing teammate and i demolish the other 2 guys bases, im about to take the win, AND I GET A KERNAL PANIC! AHHH!!! so i restart and the computer is working very sluggishly. i think nothing of it so i put it to sleep andi put myself to sleep for the night. the next morning upon waking the ibook up the screen appears to not wake up, then a white haze starts appearing. crap! i restart, same thing. i restart again and i zap the PRAM. now i have color on the screen but its a bunch of color lines going vertical on the screen. sounds like logic board?

:( im typing this on a dell at the office, why did god have to punish me this way! :(

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
what gen ibook do you have?, the very first few had week logic boards.

slipper

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
its the G4 800Mhz iBook, i purchased it approx december/january.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
consider your replacement board solid the first 800MHz ones were dodgy but all apple's replacement boards dont have the glitch

cmx08

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2004
Canada, GMA
tell u what

I had my iBook G4 800's LB changed twice and, next week it's going for its 3rd one since this one does not go to sleep.

I hope that I get the 1Ghz since that one is built-in 256MB of Ram

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
slipper said:
i guess no chance, huh?

I'd say no chance. Or maybe a 1 in 1000 kind of shot, like if they happen to be out of logic boards for your computer... don't count on it. Sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.