PDA

View Full Version : arg, iBook G4 logicboard went south

slipper
Sep 30, 2004, 03:29 PM
my logic board went bad! this is the first case i have heard where the logic board on an iBook G4 going bad. its my first experience with applecare so i hope all goes well.

but anyways heres what happened. i was playing a game of starcraft, a 2v2 game. my partner decides to back-stab. i eventually end up killing my backstabing teammate and i demolish the other 2 guys bases, im about to take the win, AND I GET A KERNAL PANIC! AHHH!!! so i restart and the computer is working very sluggishly. i think nothing of it so i put it to sleep andi put myself to sleep for the night. the next morning upon waking the ibook up the screen appears to not wake up, then a white haze starts appearing. crap! i restart, same thing. i restart again and i zap the PRAM. now i have color on the screen but its a bunch of color lines going vertical on the screen. sounds like logic board?

:( im typing this on a dell at the office, why did god have to punish me this way! :(

Mord
Sep 30, 2004, 03:36 PM
what gen ibook do you have?, the very first few had week logic boards.

slipper
Sep 30, 2004, 03:53 PM
its the G4 800Mhz iBook, i purchased it approx december/january.

Mord
Sep 30, 2004, 05:19 PM
consider your replacement board solid the first 800MHz ones were dodgy but all apple's replacement boards dont have the glitch

slipper
Oct 1, 2004, 02:24 PM
any chance i will get a 1.07ghz processor? :D

cmx08
Oct 1, 2004, 03:35 PM
I had my iBook G4 800's LB changed twice and, next week it's going for its 3rd one since this one does not go to sleep.

I hope that I get the 1Ghz since that one is built-in 256MB of Ram

slipper
Oct 2, 2004, 03:38 PM
i guess no chance, huh?

QCassidy352
Oct 2, 2004, 05:55 PM
i guess no chance, huh?

I'd say no chance. Or maybe a 1 in 1000 kind of shot, like if they happen to be out of logic boards for your computer... don't count on it. Sorry.