Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Very well done. The case looks great. I just may give this one a try.
Where did you make the purchase at? Cost?

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Nice review.

Just day 2 here with my Apple iPad Case so I will find out in due time if it is as bad as folks make it out to be. So far I like mine.

Really want a case that can do duty as in vertical and horizontal mode - as well as "book" mode.

Been waiting to see how things fair out with the Cloak from Quirky....

Attachments

• Render-1.jpg
    Render-1.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 341
  • Render-2.jpg
    Render-2.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 307

DetroitBORG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
Nice review.

Just day 2 here with my Apple iPad Case so I will find out in due time if it is as bad as folks make it out to be. So far I like mine.

Really want a case that can do duty as in vertical and horizontal mode - as well as "book" mode.

Been waiting to see how things fair out with the Cloak from Quirky....

I like the iPad case, except for the cleanliness issue which is the ultimate deal breaker for me. If it looks disgusting, I don't care how useful it is.

Interesting product!

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
The PDair case is clean and simple, I like that. It closes without any strap which I like even more. When it's open there is no flap in the way.

It kind of reminds me of my old Franklin Planner from long ago.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I like the iPad case, except for the cleanliness issue which is the ultimate deal breaker for me. If it looks disgusting, I don't care how useful it is.

Interesting product!

As I mentioned in another thread I come from the photo field that felt a well worn case the item was well used and the gear well protected. I know that if I had to make presentations to business execs I would feel differently.

DetroitBORG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
As I mentioned in another thread I come from the photo field that felt a well worn case the item was well used and the gear well protected. I know that if I had to make presentations to business execs I would feel differently.

I'm sure the Apple case does the job better than most cases, but I'm just too fastidious about these things to get over the dirty look :). And a quality leather case will wear more attractively anyway ;).

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I see case.com is now showing "sold out" I'm going to have to find another vendor. Must be a popular case. :)
I wonder what this one will look like? PDair Link it's kind of an interesting material to make a case from.
If it looks anything like the Black Leather one it may be neat.

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Cases.com is now showing that case as sold out :(

3 posts above your I noticed the same bad news. I'm still interested in the new metal case they are developing. I can't imagine how this will be/look. It may just be pretty neat.

DetroitBORG I subscribed to your Channel keep up the great videos.

DetroitBORG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
I'm trying to buy a second case for the 2nd iPad, so the sell-out is bad news. At least I got one in the nick of time!

You can still buy it directly from the manufacturer at a significant premium :(.

http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=11000659_11000904_11000905&products_id=30186

Thanks for subbing srl7741! I saw your excellent comments on the video.

And I agree, the aluminium case sounds interesting. I'm sure there will always be new and interesting cases out there, but I'm surprised it took me a month to find one I liked!

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
I bit the bullet and purchased from their site. Yes it costs a little more but that's ok. Having just the right case which you like as a user is well worth paying a little extra if all else is unavailable. I did see on Amazon they have the case with a crocodile pattern but it's even more @ $85 I think?

So in a few days I will see if this is the one case. Otherwise it's off on the hunt again. I new I would spend a small fortune trying to find the right case for my needs.

I'm still liking the Belkin while around the house. It's great.

DetroitBORG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
I did contact cases.com and they sent me the following e-mail.

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your communication and interest in our products. We should have a shipment within two or three weeks for the PDair Black Leather Book-Style Case with Magnet Closure for Apple iPad. I can email you once we receive the shipment. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Thank You,
Billy Dixon
Customer Service Representative
Aluron, Inc. / Cases.com
ph. 720-870-1878
fax 720-870-8477
web: http://www.cases.com

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
My PDair came in the mail today and it's better than I thought it would be. My search is over for now. Leather is smooth, stitching is tight, iPad fits very snug and it closes great.

No Flap
No ridged edges
Can't tell it's an iPad till you open it.

Thanks goes to DetroitBORG for making the original post. I may have missed this one otherwise. The sea of iPad cases is getting very large.

This Thread has another I also liked only in Black but I have a feeling the Leather may not be as nice to the touch and there is no Light Censor Hole and no latch which means It's more like the Apple Case.

DetroitBORG

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Rochester Hills, MI
My PDair came in the mail today and it's better than I thought it would be. My search is over for now. Leather is smooth, stitching is tight, iPad fits very snug and it closes great.

No Flap
No ridged edges

Thanks goes to DetroitBORG for making the original post. I may have missed this one otherwise. The sea of iPad cases is getting very large.

This Thread has another I also liked only in Black but I have a feeling the Leather may not be as nice to the touch and there is no Light Censor Hole and no latch which means It's more like the Apple Case.

Excellent, I knew you would be impressed!

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010

No Flap
No ridged edges

I'm liking the PDair Case as well. Question: In the video, the magnet dots in the corners look very visible. Is that the situation in person?

Also, in the video, looks like there was an edit around a point where it looks like the front of the case when folded back magnetizes and holds the cover all the way back. Yes or no?

BJ

srl7741

macrumors 68020
Jan 19, 2008
GMT-6
Yes, you can clearly see the small round magnets under the Leather but they don't stick out or protrude at all. So yes they are visible but don't stick out.

They don't bother me at all and are just strong enough to keep the flap closed.
The magnets are not super strong but just enough to keep the flap closed.

When the flap is open and behind the iPad you can't feel the magnets and they don't hold the cover in place.

The case itself is very light weight. It's pretty soft to the touch also.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Not a fan of leather cases.

More often than not; stitches are off, port holes are off center and fit is either to tight or too loose.

If you want the lowest of lowest profiles, you can't beat the Original Apple iPad Case. Yeah, it's not leather but it is hands down the best fitting flip case out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.