PDA

View Full Version : PC sound card problem

ScotRobson
Oct 3, 2004, 07:57 AM
Hi all, sorry to post this here bt my mate is having a problem with her sound card in her PC lap top and was hoping someone would be able to help.

Her lap top is brand new so i would presume she has a sound card in it!? but when she tries to play music or watch movies she gets an error message - no sound card.

So does this simply mean there is no sound card or could be something wrong with the configuration?

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks
Scot

edesignuk
Oct 3, 2004, 07:59 AM
It means the drivers for the sound card probably aren't installed, go to the manufacturers website, download and install them.

ScotRobson
Oct 3, 2004, 08:03 AM
It means the drivers for the sound card probably aren't installed, go to the manufacturers website, download and install them.

Thanks edesign thats great,she is gonna give that a go this afternoon.

Many thanks
Scot

hcuar
Oct 3, 2004, 09:25 AM

It's a laptop, I don't believe that the manufacter would ship their product with an image that doesn't include sound card drivers. I think it points to a defective soundcard. I'd call tech support. My guess is that you will need to send it in for replacement/repair.

JOD8FY
Oct 3, 2004, 10:07 AM
I had a somewhat similar problem with my PC desktop. I used a CD that came with my desktop that had all the drivers for the hardware installed on it to uninstall the soundcard driver, then re-install it. It worked great and everything went back to normal.

Good luck,
JOD8FY

edesignuk
Oct 3, 2004, 10:14 AM
It's a laptop, I don't believe that the manufacter would ship their product with an image that doesn't include sound card drivers. I think it points to a defective soundcard. I'd call tech support. My guess is that you will need to send it in for replacement/repair.Maybe, but you should never assume a hardware fault without reinstalling drivers first. It's a simple thing to try, and often fixes these sorts of problems.

mklos
Oct 3, 2004, 12:23 PM
I'd just drop the PC in the trash and buy a Mac! Thats the easiest way to fix a PC problem(s)!!!!