Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marcin0903

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 9, 2009
Which game(s) should I primarly get for my iPad? I want fun game (I used to play on pocket consoles and still playing on stationary consoles), that presents power of an iPad. For the first ones I bet Real Racing HD and Plant vs. Zombies - is it a good choise and which should I get first? (Eeehm, I just do not want to waste my gift card by buying some crappy games)

billyzenme

macrumors member
Dec 21, 2009
I just do not want to waste my gift card by buying some crappy games)
Then you will want to avoid Gameloft games, as they have crappy 3D graphics, sub-par game engine (see Nova, brothers in arms, iron man --- all essentially built on the same engine, just texture skinned differently) and their control systems have always been mediocre or sometimes pure crap. don't even get me started on AI and how they spawn

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
I've been playing Angry Birds HD obsessively. I know some buyers of the Iphone game are upset because I guess it's just a larger version of that, but I don't care - it's just a really involving, insane game. I'm not interested in the accelerometer-based games for the Ipad, those seem ridiculous, but anything that has detail is really great - things that were more complicated simply because of the small size of the Iphone screen like Angry Birds.

BulkyCranium

macrumors member
May 23, 2010
Not sure what part of the word you are in, but in Canada I don't think you can use a giftcard to buy apps.

Shiznitto

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
I have really enjoyed 10 Pin Shuffle. They have a free lite version to try it out. its addictive and fun ..

doobry

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2010
Bought! honest opinion inbound :)

haha, Music sucks, gameplay and concept rock! Graphics need work! Worth the money.. My son will love it. Look forward to the next update..

I meant it when I said honest opinion:)

WeegieMac

Jan 29, 2008
Glasgow, UK
I enjoy Geometry Wars immensely

No way!

I used to play this non stop on the Xbox 360, and it's sequel and it's numerous game modes were also outstanding.

Shame this is only on iPad, I would love this on iPhone too.

Edit: the six game modes from Geometry Wars 2 are in the iPad version, superb!

and.sleepless

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2009
Not sure what part of the world you are in, but in Canada I don't think you can use a giftcard to buy apps.

Thanks for pointing this out to me, I would've wasted my money otherwise.

But, can I use Vanilla Pre Paid Credit cards and use that for apps?

DoFoT9

macrumors P6
Jun 11, 2007
London, United Kingdom
wow guys. just helped me to add another $100 of games to my wish list :rolleyes: and i havent even gotten my ipad yet!

these games look incredible!! cant wait to get my hands on them :D

ngenerator

macrumors 68000
May 12, 2009
USG Ishimura
Really -- I find my fingers slipping off of the controls... I have it but gave up after the first play or 2 -- May need to check it out again.

Yes, after playing the 360 version for about a million hours I did find the control on the iPad to be a bit, shall we say "different". But, after a surprisingly long time playing it on the can, I found myself addicted.

No way!
I used to play this non stop on the Xbox 360, and it's sequel and it's numerous game modes were also outstanding.
Shame this is only on iPad, I would love this on iPhone too.
Edit: the six game modes from Geometry Wars 2 are in the iPad version, superb!

Yeah, now what I'm waiting for is for someone to hack it so a PS3 controller can be used instead of the screen "sticks". But while I'm on that note, I'll just hope they come out with a Retro Evolved 3 on the 360 ;) Wish in one hand...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.