PDA

View Full Version : IBOOK G4 12'' PROBLEM !!!!

LoWiTUsA
Oct 10, 2004, 03:46 PM
I got my ibook G4 for an week, and I feel strange that the left side below the keyboard start to warm up very quickly. There is some holes on the left side below all connection, but I cannot feel any air going out??? Should I feel something like a fan working or anything, or its normal ???
Thx

musicpyrite
Oct 10, 2004, 03:58 PM
I don't have a diagram of the iBook with me right now, but on the left palm rest resides either the hard drive or the processor. I think it's the hard drive, but I could be wrong.

Don't be alarmed if your iBook gets warm, or even hot, as it is normal, nothing to worry about.

grapes911
Oct 10, 2004, 04:35 PM
I don't have a diagram of the iBook with me right now, but on the left palm rest resides either the hard drive or the processor. I think it's the hard drive, but I could be wrong.

Don't be alarmed if your iBook gets warm, or even hot, as it is normal, nothing to worry about.

Your right, it is the hard drive. Don't worry about it. And by the way, the fan rarely goes on. It has to get really hot for that to kick in.

SilentPanda
Oct 10, 2004, 04:55 PM
That and the fan is in the rear. The air vent on the left hand side is simply to let air flow, not to push it out or anything.