Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Was there ever a generation that didn't cut with the old?

I dunno, Vista was kind of a downgrade from XP. :)

Seriously though, it's all marketing. I do think Apple gets carried away with the marketing terms. Magical and revolutionary? Really?

Like you said, though, the funny thing is that they just compare the new one to the old one. The tag for the iPhone 3GS is "The fastest, most powerful iPhone ever." No, really? I should hope your newest model is your fastest and most powerful. The same is true with the MBP models. "The fastest and most powerful MBP ever". You don't say? Guess what? My Powerbook 1.67 was the fastest and most powerful Powerbook ever when it was released.

One thing to note: Notice they never compare their hardware to competitors, only their own stuff. That is good marketing.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No obsession, they like every other company markets their newest products as better then their older products. Its all marketing, of course its going to be faster, they're not about to sell a brand new MacBook Pro as slower then last years model. They wouldn't sell too many

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
3427670079fa8f403233b.jpg

MattSepeta

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2009
375th St. Y
Holy Cow

That Billboard image is GENIUS. someone got a big promotion/raise for that I bet...

As far as apples mantra's, insecurity maybe? Just kidding, its what they all do... "Better faster stronger", you know?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.