PDA

View Full Version : Pah, postman broke my Incipio feather case

awmazz
Jun 1, 2010, 12:22 AM
He must have exerted quite some force to bend it in half to fit in the mailbox and would have felt is snap. Not like folding a magazine at all.

What a pity. $50 wasted. Just regular mail so it wasn't insured. I can't even use the screen protector as it's creased down the middle.

I can't imagine what he was thinking when it didn't fold - just a bit... more... force.... SNAP! There you go, mail delivered, job well done, happy customer!

Rooskibar03
Jun 1, 2010, 12:24 AM
If it wasn't a federal offense I would suggest a beatin for him or her.

Postal service, what a joke.

awmazz
Jun 1, 2010, 12:29 AM
If it had come in a box instead it might have survived as he would have just dropped a note to pick it up at the post office instead if it didn't fit.

greg555
Jun 1, 2010, 12:33 AM
I would contact the seller. Items that can't be bent shouldn't be shipped in an envelope (bubble or plain) so this seems like a case of inadequate packaging to me. It could have been broken in transit from going through a machine or having a heavy box get dropped on it when one edge was supported.

I know a lot of Hong Kong / Chinese eBay sellers ship everything in envelope and will just replace the ones that get broken. I assume because the savings on postage are worth it to them.

Greg

awmazz
Jun 1, 2010, 12:43 AM
I've sent an email off to Incipio. At least just to see if I order a replacement if they can send it in a box instead or not.

I tried bending the larger half to see exactly how much force it would have taken to snap it. A decent amount as you could imagine trying to snap anything made of plastic. And it would have made a loud snap too so he would have known straight away that he broke whatever was inside the envelope.

I suppose the envelope should have at least had a 'Do Not Bend' sticker on it, but it didn't.

eTip
Jun 1, 2010, 01:45 AM
I've sent an email off to Incipio. At least just to see if I order a replacement if they can send it in a box instead or not.

I tried bending the larger half to see exactly how much force it would have taken to snap it. A decent amount as you could imagine trying to snap anything made of plastic. And it would have made a loud snap too so he would have known straight away that he broke whatever was inside the envelope.

I suppose the envelope should have at least had a 'Do Not Bend' sticker on it, but it didn't.

That's negligence by the seller, IMHO. Just received a cheap screen protector off eBay & the seller hand wrote "do not bend" on the envelope. So, rather than cram the envlope in my mailbox - the postman (postwoman, actually) left it outside my door.

For $50, it should have been backed better but the LEAST they could do is write "do not bend".

GoCubsGo
Jun 1, 2010, 01:53 AM
Agreed that the seller needs to package these things to ensure some dumbass isn't going to try and shove a sqaure peg in a round hole. I hope the company makes this right. Also consider if it's hot enough the plastic could have been warm enough to bend. Not that it's a resolution to your problem but it's a thought. Good luck with this, I think incopio will do right by you.

T4R06
Jun 1, 2010, 08:05 AM
what kind of packaging you have? mine is a huge box at least 2" of width and it is very solid.

edit: oopps.. i bought mine at incipio website :)

awmazz
Jun 1, 2010, 09:02 AM
I just saw your thread and the decent box it was mailed in. I bought direct from Incipio as well. Mine only came in a standard white bubble-wrap envelope. I guess maybe they wanted to keep the postage costs reasonable for international customers, assuming a box would have cost more to post.

nidserz
Jun 1, 2010, 09:16 AM
Aw man, that sucks. I hope mine gets shipped in a box to Canada... or the postman leaves it on my doorstep rather than trying to shove it in the mail slot.

Either way I hope Incipio realizes and replaces yours. Let us know what happens.

T4R06
Jun 1, 2010, 09:37 AM
try contacting the incipio. they have a chat feature on their site and that will help you a lot

give them this link

awmazz
Jun 2, 2010, 04:44 PM
Incipio haven't replied to my email, and I need a cover so I've gone an ordered a Hard Candy (http://www.hardcandycases.com/kickstand-ipad-case.html) cover instead to replace it. It's similar, but slightly thicker sides and also has fold-out legs and a removeable top-cover as well.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-12507765640553_2105_7449922