Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Found this on the Gizmodo website.

500x_emailoatmeal.jpg

So what level are you? Im at gmail :p While my parents are indeed like the hotmail category.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
LOL :p

I mainly use Hotmail because of its ease of access but I do have my own domain as well, so which am I? :D I like using Hotmail, GMail etc because they are anonymous and I can use them in various sites without being afraid of spam (I have like 20 free accounts)

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
LOL :p

I mainly use Hotmail because of its ease of access but I do have my own domain as well, so which am I? :D I like using Hotmail, GMail etc because they are anonymous and I can use them in various sites without being afraid of spam (I have like 20 free accounts)

So do you still use MySpace?:D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
While I have a gmail account, (mostly because I have an android based phone) I have my own domain that I use for most of my emails.

I don't like how you cannot organize your emails in folders in gmail, and owning my own domain and email provides the best flexibility, as I'll not have to worry about someone taking a name I'd like to use, e.g., mike@someonedomain.com vs. mike@gmail.com

stridemat

Original poster
Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
I do have my the facility for using my own domain emails, but the Spam filtering is useless. For that reason gmail suited me becuase of some of the more ahem risqué websites. For the downright rubbish website I do have access to an hotmail account, but this is just for throw away purposes (and xbox live).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.