Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
They MAIL app won't allow me to use my hotmail acct, but I did read that they are working on correcting the issue, but in the mean time, does anyone know of an iPad App for email clients?!

I have mBox Hotmail (iphone version) on my iPad and it works great, but it's not a native iPad app.

Thanks for your help!

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Is something wrong with using hotmail's website in Safari?

People still use hotmail?;)

lol, sure I can use the website, it works fine, but it doesnt do push notifications./

Ya.. I use hotmail cause its free... lol. I dont mind gmail... and I dont have yahoo.

What free email service would you recommend?! :)

kdesign7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 1, 2010
earth, for now.
Gmail. And it works with the Mail App.

I honestly didnt know that, but then again, I didnt really think about it. Well hell, if Gmail works, Ill use that then... I just want to be able to use an email service taht will work with the Mail App so that I Can get push notifications.

Cant you use Gmail to sync with other accts from other services, I think I recall seeing that somewhere?!

Who knows, I'll look into it!

Thanks mate!

bluedog3401

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2008
I honestly didnt know that, but then again, I didnt really think about it. Well hell, if Gmail works, Ill use that then... I just want to be able to use an email service taht will work with the Mail App so that I Can get push notifications.

Cant you use Gmail to sync with other accts from other services, I think I recall seeing that somewhere?!

Who knows, I'll look into it!

Thanks mate!

Most email services allow you to forward email to another address. Simply set up the forwarding from your existing hotmail/msn/live account to gmail and bam, you're golden.

If they don't 'officially' support this, you may be able to set up an 'autoreply' in some fashion like a vacation response but have it send the messages to your new/gmail account.

The biggest reason I ended up using my gmail account as primary was the imap/pop support for free. I know yahoo didn't offer that (unless it was recently changed) and can't remember if hotmail, etc. does).

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
You can forward hotmail to gmail and then setup the defaul mail with gmail. That's what I did and it works faultlessly.

Galley

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2008
Keep in mind that a FREE MobileMe mail account may available as soon as next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.