PDA

View Full Version : Blank CD won't show up on desktop

bluebull
Oct 12, 2004, 05:36 PM
Besides not showing up on the desktop, it doesn't do anything. When I put in a blank cd it just spins for a while, then stops. The strange thing is, its only with blank cds. I just put in a DVD and it worked fine. I want to burn a CD and I can't, so its kind of frustrating. Just in case, I have an iMac G4, running 10.2.7. Does anyone know something I can do to fix this problem?

grapes911
Oct 12, 2004, 05:46 PM
Besides not showing up on the desktop, it doesn't do anything. When I put in a blank cd it just spins for a while, then stops. The strange thing is, its only with blank cds. I just put in a DVD and it worked fine. I want to burn a CD and I can't, so its kind of frustrating. Just in case, I have an iMac G4, running 10.2.7. Does anyone know something I can do to fix this problem?

Are you sure you have a combo drive not just a dvd drive?

emw
Oct 12, 2004, 05:50 PM
In your System Prefs> CDs and DVDs, check preferences for blank CDs. Make sure it isn't set to ignore. Assuming, of course, you have a superdrive.

bluebull
Oct 12, 2004, 06:13 PM
Well, its burning the cd right now. I didn't have it set to ignore; it was set to open iTunes. I changed it to open finder, then put the cd in, named it, and it showed up on the desktop. Then I used "Burn Playlist to Disc" in iTunes to burn it. So, it wasn't really a big deal- now I can get around that if I have to make another disc. Thanks for your help.