PDA

View Full Version : iPod + USB 1.1 = TRANSFER

iEric
Oct 13, 2004, 10:38 AM
Has anyone used the USB 2.0 cord to transfer music via USB 1.1 to their iPod?

jxyama
Oct 13, 2004, 10:50 AM
Has anyone used the USB 2.0 cord to transfer music via USB 1.1 to their iPod?

yep, works fine. (i have a mini with USB 2.0 cord and a rev. A 12" PB that doesn't support USB 2.0.)

of course, it take a lot longer, but that's to be expected...

tdhurst
Oct 13, 2004, 12:43 PM
Why don't you just use firewire?

jackieonasses
Oct 13, 2004, 12:52 PM
Why don't you just use firewire? Maybe his ports were blocked. i have 1 firewire port on my powerbook and if i have my camera on it that takes it up. Unless i want to daisy chain it of course.

nominanuda
Oct 13, 2004, 01:17 PM
I've had no problem tranferring from my computer using USB 1.1 (on my 20" apple flatscreen), but for some reason, transferring with USB 2.0 doesn't work on my G5 (dual 2.0) I have 10.3.5--I know there were some problems pre 10.3.4. Anyone else have a similar problem? (I haven't seen any mentions anywhere and I've looked pretty extensively) the usb ports work fine for USB 1.1 devices, but I don't have any other usb 2.0 devices to test.

jxyama
Oct 13, 2004, 01:20 PM
Maybe his ports were blocked. i have 1 firewire port on my powerbook and if i have my camera on it that takes it up. Unless i want to daisy chain it of course.

yep, exactly.

i have one FW port on my PB and my music collection is on an external FW HD.

so just once, i copied my music onto my PB and synced most of the music to my iPod. i erased those from my PB and from here on, if i wanted to add a few songs here and there, i sync directly from external FW HD. USB1 is slow, but it's ok just for a few songs here and there.

iEric
Oct 13, 2004, 02:13 PM
Thanks. (I feel so stupid cause I found the article in Apple Support)
Anyways, I can't use firewire because i'm going to be using a PC for all of the transferring of files.

Thanks all!