PDA

View Full Version : scanner not working!! ahhhh

devro
Oct 16, 2004, 10:52 AM
hey guys. ive just installed a HP scanjet 5530 to my emac but when i go to scan it says 'cannot find default scanner'. I cannot seem to figure out the problem of how to set it as default or whether its just broken. The system has picked up on it but its just not working. i also tried it on a powerbook and it works with that. i am truly baffled!! help would be a huge huge.... uhhh help! thanks.

Gee
Oct 16, 2004, 11:20 AM
hey guys. ive just installed a HP scanjet 5530 to my emac but when i go to scan it says 'cannot find default scanner'. I cannot seem to figure out the problem of how to set it as default or whether its just broken. The system has picked up on it but its just not working. i also tried it on a powerbook and it works with that. i am truly baffled!! help would be a huge huge.... uhhh help! thanks.

Tried plugging it into another USB port? Does Image Capture (in the applications folder) see it? Are you using HP software that came with it? Questions questions...

devro
Oct 16, 2004, 11:44 AM
yeah I've tried different USB ports and also using the HP scanjet. its a very confusing situation!! i dont know whjy it will work on th powerbook and not the emac... any suggestions? cheers

Gee
Oct 16, 2004, 11:51 AM
yeah I've tried different USB ports and also using the HP scanjet. its a very confusing situation!! i dont know whjy it will work on th powerbook and not the emac... any suggestions? cheers

Tried with Image Capture?

Blue Velvet
Oct 16, 2004, 12:06 PM
What OS versions are you using on both machines?

devro
Oct 16, 2004, 12:37 PM
OSX on both. image capture does pick ity up which is why im so confused. i thought there would be a button to simply set the defaukt scanbner but i cant find it.

Blue Velvet
Oct 16, 2004, 12:42 PM
... which versions of OSX?

ie. 10.1 or 10.2 or 10.3? Maybe 10.3.4 etc

Go to the Apple Menu (top left) and choose 'About this Mac'.

On that panel, it will tell you which version is running.

Check it now for both machines and let us know the story...

devro
Oct 16, 2004, 12:55 PM
10.2 on both.....any ideas?!