PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 Is Out Today!

Deano.uk
Jun 9, 2010, 06:59 PM
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=3923

'nuff said :cool:

edit: "Today" is subject to Valve Time (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time)

Dagless
Jun 9, 2010, 07:09 PM
I'm betting there will be at least 3 more threads about this before the game is out, and maybe a couple more for it being late.

Deano.uk
Jun 9, 2010, 07:18 PM
Cant wait to play it... wonder what the performance will be like...

CSilver
Jun 9, 2010, 10:15 PM
Will 9400 be suffice to run TF2?? I know it hasn't even been tested but... would it run on the windows side at least??
I have never played it but am curious to check it out if it will run on my macbook:D

Chris

reberto
Jun 9, 2010, 11:10 PM
Will 9400 be suffice to run TF2?? I know it hasn't even been tested but... would it run on the windows side at least??
I have never played it but am curious to check it out if it will run on my macbook:D

Chris

At a low res and low settings sure. The 9400 is really a sad excuse for a graphics card so don't expect much from it on either Windows or OS X.

Freakdahouse
Jun 9, 2010, 11:10 PM

Chris

Yes, it plays very well at least in windows!

Rithem
Jun 9, 2010, 11:15 PM
Yay!

CSilver
Jun 9, 2010, 11:34 PM
At a low res and low settings sure. The 9400 is really a sad excuse for a graphics card so don't expect much from it on either Windows or OS X.

Yes... I was expecting to hear something like that. Although, if the game play is manageable at low settings, I would give it a shot I guess...

Maybe I will wait for someone to do a benchmark and decide...

Yes, it plays very well at least in windows!

Fingers crossed for the 10.6.4 graphic boosts :p?

Thanks both for the heads up :D

roadbloc
Jun 10, 2010, 01:52 AM
Wooop! Wooop! I almost wish I wasn't at the Download Festival this weekend.

R.R.Mac
Jun 10, 2010, 03:36 AM
yeah but portal 2 has been delayed until next year :(

chiefroastbeef
Jun 10, 2010, 05:08 AM
*running laps around the streets of Hong Kong in excitement*

chiefroastbeef
Jun 10, 2010, 05:09 AM
I'm betting there will be at least 3 more threads about this before the game is out, and maybe a couple more for it being late.

I bet you there won't be any. We are all pretty good here, unlike the iphone forum. :p

Dify
Jun 10, 2010, 07:03 AM
Do you think they will give a demo version ? So i could see if it runs on my macbook or not, before I buy it...

Richy23
Jun 10, 2010, 07:24 AM
Any other games being released? Or just TF2? :)

lannister80
Jun 10, 2010, 07:58 AM
Based on a few "beginner's guides" I've seen for TF2, it looks really competitive.

I played a lot of Tribes 2/Tribes Aerial Assault back in the day, so I'm used to role-based, team-based FPS games, no issue there.

BUT, can you just play it casually and join a game in progress like a normal online FPS? Is there a game lobby/matchmaking system?

I keep reading about having to get in IRC and ask to join a server, then asking the game leaders for what role I'm allowed to play, get in Vent/Mumble for voice communication, etc. Sounds like a lot of work.

Dify
Jun 10, 2010, 08:00 AM
Based on a few "beginner's guides" I've seen for TF2, it looks really competitive.

I played a lot of Tribes 2 back in the day, so I'm used to role-based, team-based FPS games, no issue there.

BUT, can you just play it casually and join a game in progress like a normal online FPS? Is there a game lobby/matchmaking system?

I keep reading about having to get in IRC and ask to join a server, then asking the game leaders for what role I'm allowed to play, get in Vent/Mumble for voice communication, etc. Sounds like a lot of work.

Well I played at a friend house, and it was like Cs or some call of duty...

you just find a server and play what ever you want.
It is true that it is a team game and playing with your teammates will reward you with more chance to win/survive longer but you donīt have to...

Dagless
Jun 10, 2010, 08:20 AM
I bet you there won't be any. We are all pretty good here, unlike the iphone forum. :p

Aye! I am impressed (so far!).

As I said on the frontpage article about this. TF2 is outstanding, those who haven't been able to play it yet are in for such a treat. Never before have I played a game so accessible where anyone of any skill level can contribute to a victory.

The precise aimers with their Sniper and Soldier classes.
The very sneaky Spy.
The hyperactive and super precise Scout.
The staple Medic and Demoman who is useful for both n00bs and pros.
The (now) strategic and close combat Pyro.
The Engineer for those who want to take a break from all the action.
The maniac Heavy.

Something for everyone. Look at me talking when there's (PC) TF2ing to be done.

chiefroastbeef
Jun 10, 2010, 09:02 AM
The Engineer for those who want to take a break from all the action.

Well I wouldn't say that... not when my knife is implanted into their spine. ;)

Dagless
Jun 10, 2010, 09:14 AM
Well I wouldn't say that... not when my knife is implanted into their spine. ;)

Hey with spy checking you'd be toast ;).
I also really, really hope the engineer update is out tonight too.

Freakdahouse
Jun 10, 2010, 10:16 AM

I must disagree, at least in windows the 9400 is a fine graphic card for playing source games, of course in 1280x800 resolutions. Can't remember what is my settings for TF2 but they are not in low settings (I use the recommended settings).

Dagless
Jun 10, 2010, 10:19 AM
^ I agree. Overclocked and running under XP I'm playing TF2 on my 13" Macbooks native res, everything set on either medium or high. Runs like a dream. L4D1 and 2 are similar.

These games are running on the 2007 Source Engine after all. It's a 3 year old and (even then) was a very efficient and scalable engine.

Nuck81
Jun 10, 2010, 10:19 AM
Never played TF2 before

reberto
Jun 10, 2010, 10:31 AM
I must disagree, at least in windows the 9400 is a fine graphic card for playing source games, of course in 1280x800 resolutions. Can't remember what is my settings for TF2 but they are not in low settings (I use the recommended settings).

Any graphics card can be made to look good at extremely low resolutions. His iMac doesn't have a low Res ;). The 9400m always has and always will be an awful intergrated card.

BradenG
Jun 10, 2010, 10:42 AM
FYI, when I had Bootcamp installed, TF2 on my MacBook ran gorgeously. no anti-aliasing of course, but it still looked damn fine and ran smooth. medium-high settings in the textures/models/shadows etc.

From my experience with Portal on Mac though...I'm guessing TF2 on Mac is not going to be as smooth a ride as it was thru Bootcamp.

Basically, I'm saying the 9400m IS a capable video card, I'm thinking it's going to be up to Apple to give it some support in the drivers department or however they do that sort of thing. (10.6.4 anyone?)

theARNSKI
Jun 10, 2010, 10:46 AM
Woooooo can't wait to get home!

Any estimation as to the pricing of the game?

EDIT: Nvm, found it =)

chiefroastbeef
Jun 10, 2010, 10:47 AM
Can't wait to download tf2 on mac when I get back to Hong Kong tomorrow! Will be playing on Mac Pro with 4870!

Benjones-KY
Jun 10, 2010, 11:49 AM

I played a lot of Tribes 2/Tribes Aerial Assault back in the day, so I'm used to role-based, team-based FPS games, no issue there.

TF2 has a very wide variety of skill levels, so I wouldn't worry about being new to the game. Payload maps are usually more laid back than other maps. I'd recommend pl_badwater or pl_goldrush for a less competitive map. Since these maps usually have high player counts there's less pressure on you.

I've played TF2 since 07 and have been in and out of playing competitively. If you want to play really intense and competitive match anything with cp_ in it and low player counts will fit well.

Watch some "How to" videos online if you want a heads up and enjoy playing.

rloechner
Jun 10, 2010, 12:00 PM
I wonder if there will be a sale on TF2 when it is released later today* (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time) or if I should just pony up the $20 now so I can download/play it immediately upload release, later today* (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time)

* (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time)subject to valve time

goMac
Jun 10, 2010, 01:31 PM
I wonder if there will be a sale on TF2 when it is released later today* (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time) or if I should just pony up the $20 now so I can download/play it immediately upload release, later today* (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time)

* (http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time)subject to valve time

The best answer is: There will be a sale 20 minutes after whenever you buy it.

TRUCRACKER
Jun 10, 2010, 02:20 PM
Uh, it's not out yet...

Flash SWT
Jun 10, 2010, 02:25 PM

Lannister, it is nothing as complicated as that. For you most part you can just join any server in the middle of a game, play any character you want (some servers limit the number of players per class to keep things balanced) and just have fun.

If you're looking for a friendly TF2 community I suggest checking out The Ville. They have multiple servers, and while there are some very talented players there they have no problem with new players.
http://www.theville.org

Just don't get frustrated as you try to learn the different classes and decide which one you like best. It will take a little time to work out your personal strategies.

capn7
Jun 10, 2010, 02:26 PM
Arghh smfvinfebiheh

When!? lol Valve stop making me wait.

benlee
Jun 10, 2010, 02:31 PM
I've never played the game, but have heard great things.

Anyone on here interested in getting a team together this evening?

Revelation78
Jun 10, 2010, 02:35 PM
I've never played the game, but have heard great things.

Anyone on here interested in getting a team together this evening?

I'd be down for that...

revelation78 is my steam account

Oh BTW I hope we get "headphones" in game to piss off all the whiners on the steam forums.

Dagless
Jun 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
I think over 8000 people are refreshing the store because it keeps getting errors. The community server seems busted too.

jkim229
Jun 10, 2010, 03:02 PM
blah...i can't download it.... >.>

too busy crap...

Doc.Mac
Jun 10, 2010, 03:05 PM
blah...i can't download it.... >.>

too busy crap...

What?:confused:

jkim229
Jun 10, 2010, 03:07 PM
What?:confused:

steam servers are too busy to handle your request....

w.t.f

:mad:

capn7
Jun 10, 2010, 03:47 PM
>:( HULK MAD

I take a quick bathroom break and TF2 is out and the servers are bogged up.

P-Worm
Jun 10, 2010, 04:10 PM
http://www.teamfortress.com/macupdate/

Also, if you notice in the video, the engineer has a new gun...

P-Worm

Revelation78
Jun 10, 2010, 04:57 PM
We also get the earbuds... So the Steam TF2 forums are going crazy with mad PCer's. They plan to gang up on us "Macheads" and they're not going to heal you if you're on the same team.

benlee
Jun 10, 2010, 05:08 PM
trying to download now.

We play for free till the 13th. Do we have to buy by then to get the $9.99 price?

reberto
Jun 10, 2010, 05:09 PM
We also get the earbuds... So the Steam TF2 forums are going crazy with mad PCer's. They plan to gang up on us "Macheads" and they're not going to heal you if you're on the same team.

Same thing happened with the cheater's lament, people will grow up eventually.

Flash SWT
Jun 10, 2010, 05:10 PM

Bring it on, I'm looking forward to sporting my new ear buds tonight!

trying to download now.

We play for free till the 13th. Do we have to buy by then to get the $9.99 price?

Yes the sale will most likely end on the 13th.

benlee
Jun 10, 2010, 05:12 PM
Bring it on, I'm looking forward to sporting my new ear buds tonight!

What time you guys going to play?

my steam name is: jxsilntbob

Flash SWT
Jun 10, 2010, 05:14 PM
There are several Mac Steam groups if you're looking to play with fellow Apple users:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/macrumorsusers
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/themacgamer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/originalmacgamers

P-Worm
Jun 10, 2010, 05:31 PM
I'm getting pretty low FPS. Shaders seems to be at fault. Beats rebooting into Windows though.

P-Worm

Smurfed
Jun 10, 2010, 05:34 PM
I'm getting pretty low FPS. Shaders seems to be at fault. Beats rebooting into Windows though.

P-Worm

Did you get your earbuds?

P-Worm
Jun 10, 2010, 05:36 PM
Ah yeah. They look sweet. They're not even a hat. They go where the badge goes so you can wear them all the time.

P-Worm

reberto
Jun 10, 2010, 05:49 PM

P-Worm

Turn off AA, that will fix your problem. With no AA it plays just as well in OS X as it does in Windows, add in some AA and it all goes to hell from there :p

Dagless
Jun 10, 2010, 05:50 PM
Ah yeah. They look sweet. They're not even a hat. They go where the badge goes so you can wear them all the time.

P-Worm

Nooooo!
I wear my Primeval Warrior badge with pride, whereas I have no interesting hats at all. That sucks.

Plutonius
Jun 10, 2010, 06:06 PM
Is TF2 multiplayer only or does it have a single player game like HL2 ?

ugp
Jun 10, 2010, 06:36 PM
I am downloading now finally...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2qvflgk.jpg

Hopefully the frame rates aren't crappy like HL2.

Is TF2 multiplayer only or does it have a single player game like HL2 ?

It's Multiplayer only.

Dagless
Jun 10, 2010, 06:44 PM
Actually it's not purely multiplayer anymore. They've added a training mode and (what sounds like) single player bots. I know some servers use bots if there aren't enough people playing but from what I gather they've expanded upon that.

P-Worm
Jun 10, 2010, 06:49 PM
I don't have the option to change AA at all. It's greyed out. For what it's worth, I'm using the 1900XT.

P-Worm

Freakdahouse
Jun 10, 2010, 06:51 PM
Just tried now, runs like crap to be honest. I'm using latest release of 10.6.4 and it doesn't compare to windows version.

ugp
Jun 10, 2010, 06:53 PM
Just tried now, runs like crap to be honest. I'm using latest release of 10.6.4 and it doesn't compare to windows version.

I was expecting that. I am still waiting to see for myself. Seems like Valve has a lot of work to do with performance and optimization.:(

Damers
Jun 10, 2010, 06:58 PM
I can't believe no one has asked this yet, so I will... :o

TF2 on a 13" MBP with 320M, yay or nay? AA and high settings aren't important but FPS in the 30+ range are.

Dagless
Jun 10, 2010, 07:15 PM
Runs terribly. Game defaulted to something*640, everything set to medium. I turned everything down to Low and it runs at around 5-10fps. Sound is also totally bugged.

I get 50-60fps on the same machine under XP at 1280*800, everything on medium (shaders high, HDR off).

capn7
Jun 10, 2010, 07:43 PM
Mine ran pretty good on the Summer '09 MBP.

I just need to figure out an easy way to use my PS3 controller as a controller. It's easy on my to do it on my PC, but not so much on the MBP.

EvillYoda
Jun 10, 2010, 07:48 PM
No matter what settings I use this game keeps bottoming out.... :mad: It slows to a crawl and I mean >10 fps!!! Completely unplayable. Works with High settings at native resolution on my windows 7 bootcamp :confused: !!! Come on Valve!!!

ugp
Jun 10, 2010, 07:48 PM
I am reinstalling BootCamp. So much better performance. They have a lot of work to do.

dscuber9000
Jun 10, 2010, 08:15 PM
Once Apple releases Mac OS 10.6.4, performance should dramatically improve due to new drivers. Don't know myself, but that's what I'm hearing. :D

I'm also hearing that the TF2 community is pissy that us Mac users are now playing with them, so they are booting anyone with an Apple logo in their name or someone wearing earbuds. Kind of reminds me of those little recess cliques back in elementary school. :rolleyes:

airwalke
Jun 10, 2010, 08:26 PM
Once Apple releases Mac OS 10.6.4, performance should dramatically improve due to new drivers. Don't know myself, but that's what I'm hearing. :D

I'm also hearing that the TF2 community is pissy that us Mac users are now playing with them, so they are booting anyone with an Apple logo in their name or someone wearing earbuds. Kind of reminds me of those little recess cliques back in elementary school. :rolleyes:

*sigh* Little do they understand that many Mac users have been playing them already, perhaps even since the beginning. I think the Mac earbuds are an awesome touch, but I can't believe admins are booting people from their servers just because their choice of computer.

If TF2 were a Mac-only game that suddenly got ported to the PC, I don't think you'd see the same hostility. What children.

airwalke
Jun 10, 2010, 08:31 PM
Seriously can't wait to make top 3 during a round and flaunt those earbuds while doing it.

Although, if OS X performance is as billed right now, then I may have to switch back to Windows 7 to do it. :(

DarkCloud2015
Jun 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
*sigh* Little do they understand that many Mac users have been playing them already, perhaps even since the beginning. I think the Mac earbuds are an awesome touch, but I can't believe admins are booting people from their servers just because their choice of computer.

If TF2 were a Mac-only game that suddenly got ported to the PC, I don't think you'd see the same hostility. What children.

I'm not even surprised. After starting to use my Mac for gaming, I'm getting all sorts of snippy remarks from PC users. I guess that's how they deal with the frustration of using Windows :D

oftheheavens
Jun 10, 2010, 08:36 PM
maybe im just not getting this game or going to the wrong servers/levels or something, but this game kinda sucks.

I have been hearing all this hype being built up about it being released on mac so i bought it(couldn't figure out how to download the free weekend) and i am not impressed at all. Am i missing something?

Flash SWT
Jun 10, 2010, 10:17 PM
EARBUDS:
I had a great reaction to the ear buds tonight at the server where I play. Apparently they had been talking about them right before I joined and when they saw "Flash SWT has found Earbuds" everyone wanted to take a look.

After they saw the music notes coming out of them several people commented that after seeing them they wished they could get them as well. After that it was back to gaming as normal.

PERFORMANCE:
Yes it isn't very good for me on 10.5.8. I'm expecting it to get better over time and once I upgrade to 10.6.

maybe im just not getting this game or going to the wrong servers/levels or something, but this game kinda sucks.

I have been hearing all this hype being built up about it being released on mac so i bought it(couldn't figure out how to download the free weekend) and i am not impressed at all. Am i missing something?

You're gonna have to elaborate a little more. What don't you get? It is a multiplayer game with 9 difference classes of "characters" which makes teamwork very important. Unlike Counter Strike each class has widely different skills, abilities and weapons. There are several different kinds of maps with the most common being Control Points, Capture the Flag and Payload which each play differently.

Here is a great website if you want to read up on the general properties of each class or map:
http://tf2wiki.net/

ugp
Jun 10, 2010, 10:34 PM
I can't even run TF2 at 1280x720 on medium settings without it hanging up...

Via XP I can run 1920x1080 Full Maxed Settings one everything and get 65FPS constant if not higher at times. Just too much of a difference for me and I guess I would rather boot Windows to play.

oftheheavens
Jun 10, 2010, 11:12 PM
EARBUDS:
You're gonna have to elaborate a little more. What don't you get? It is a multiplayer game with 9 difference classes of "characters" which makes teamwork very important. Unlike Counter Strike each class has widely different skills, abilities and weapons. There are several different kinds of maps with the most common being Control Points, Capture the Flag and Payload which each play differently.

on both maps that i played on, people were just running around like crazy, so all i got out of the game was iffy graphics(didn't expect anything crazy good though) and it seemed that no matter how many times i shot someone they would always outlive me.

Flash SWT
Jun 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
on both maps that i played on, people were just running around like crazy, so all i got out of the game was iffy graphics(didn't expect anything crazy good though) and it seemed that no matter how many times i shot someone they would always outlive me.

Try to find a sever that isn't full of other new users. While this will make it a little harder to kill people you'll also have people actually trying to achieve the objectives. Also every class has a different health level so some are easier to kill then others. The Heavy for example is the slowest moving but has the most health at 300. Medics can also "over heal" players, up to 450 for the Heavy, so if they've just had a medic attached they're going to be even harder to kill.

It'll take a little time to decide which classes you enjoy the most and are the best at. It'll also take time to figure out things like rocket jumping with the soldier and air blasting with the pyro. If you haven't already watch the movies to get a feel for the "spirit/attitude" of the game.

http://www.teamfortress.com/movies.htm

morningsong
Jun 11, 2010, 01:24 AM
I just played for 2 hours at 2560x1440 with zero issues.
Well, other than the fact that I ain't so good...ha
Plays way better than on my X-box 360.

KurtangleTN
Jun 11, 2010, 01:31 AM
Ok, should be labeled with a huge "BETA!!"..

My audio cut off and for whatever reason I can't get it back... performance is unplayable even on lowest settings..

Not really expecting a whole lot, but at least it's decent on XP still for my aging iMac (god do I regret not getting a better video card)

chiefroastbeef
Jun 11, 2010, 01:57 AM

So the pc players can tell if I am playing on a Mac? Never thought I'd be discriminated against in a computer game. :)

Downloading TF2 now, very slow.

Charliekid21
Jun 11, 2010, 02:38 AM
UGP you said the same thing 3 different times, we hear you...

R.R.Mac
Jun 11, 2010, 02:41 AM
ok here's some info to help for users that already have TF2 on a different computer. You can copy a few files across massively reducing download time:

You can find you files here:

[Mac's volume] /Users/******/Documents/Steam Content
[Windows volume] /Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps

Copy the following files to your Mac's Steam Content folder:

team fortress 2 client content.gcf
team fortress 2 materials.gcf
team fortress 2 content.gcf

If you do not have Portal or Half-Life 2 on your Mac, you'll want to copy these files:

source sounds.gcf
source models.gcf
source materials.gcf
source 2007 shared sounds.gcf
source 2007 shared models.gcf
source 2007 shared materials.gcf

This should save you a massive amount of time when downloading!! Hope it helps!!

mixel
Jun 11, 2010, 02:46 AM
Worked fine for me on my 8800GS iMac.. About to test it on the 9600m MBP. Much better than it has ever done in VM or Crossover, obviously.. Not dramatically worse than Bootcamp. No crashing or anything.

Seems weird how the performance divide is so much greater for some users/specs.

markieg
Jun 11, 2010, 05:00 AM

tf2lobby.com is a polished matchmaking site for tf2, I suggest you have practised and are not a newb before trying to play, otherwise you will be ripped by your team.

ptaylor9
Jun 11, 2010, 06:44 AM
Yeah, you can just play casually, I do.
Just find a decently populated server on the 'Find server' list with a map you want to play, and hop on (as long as it doesnt have a password).
I find 32 player servers are a bit much though, in terms of being able to stay alive, and it not just being a massive slaughterfest instead of the obectives.

deadwulfe
Jun 11, 2010, 08:13 AM
Has anyone else tried "uploading" their spray paint image? I must have saved the image in 6 different formats and the game only sees two, which wont work. They give me a .dll missing message for the jpeg and a size is incorrect for the tga. It doesn't even see the other formats. Also to add, the two images it does see, it shows them both being 4MB in size, when they're only 23KB and 340KB.

I know it's not critical, but dammit, I want my BearFace! :D

BradenG
Jun 11, 2010, 09:23 AM
Has anyone else tried "uploading" their spray paint image? I must have saved the image in 6 different formats and the game only sees two, which wont work. They give me a .dll missing message for the jpeg and a size is incorrect for the tga. It doesn't even see the other formats. Also to add, the two images it does see, it shows them both being 4MB in size, when they're only 23KB and 340KB.

I know it's not critical, but dammit, I want my BearFace! :D

Heh, I'm patiently waiting for a fix as it seems to be broken. People on the Steam Forums have brought up this issue.

Nuck81
Jun 11, 2010, 09:43 AM
Yeah I suck pretty bad, and I'm generally a pretty good gamer. I think in an hour and a half I only had about 7 kills. I seem to be going down in one or two shots, yet I'm putting clips into guys and they still turn around and kill me with two shots. Very frustrating.

I'm having no performance issues though...

P-Worm
Jun 11, 2010, 10:12 AM
Yeah I suck pretty bad, and I'm generally a pretty good gamer. I think in an hour and a half I only had about 7 kills. I seem to be going down in one or two shots, yet I'm putting clips into guys and they still turn around and kill me with two shots. Very frustrating.

TF2 is heavily class based and some classes aren't really meant for killing. Remember that in TF2, objectives are the name of the game. So if you aren't racking up kills, but you're helping your team win, you're doing fine.

P-Worm

chiefroastbeef
Jun 11, 2010, 10:17 AM

What are you playing as? Start with pyro or soldier, they are the spray and pray classes and is easier for a beginner starting out.

And like p-worm said tf2 is a team-based game (hence the name), classes like medics and engineers don't usually rack up kills (though they rack up points, medics with assists with the partner they are healing, and engies with teleports, 1 point per 2 teleports). Both are vital in winning a game, you can try being a medic as well and heal people, your team needs you!

Nuck81
Jun 11, 2010, 11:32 AM
What are you playing as? Start with pyro or soldier, they are the spray and pray classes and is easier for a beginner starting out.

And like p-worm said tf2 is a team-based game (hence the name), classes like medics and engineers don't usually rack up kills (though they rack up points, medics with assists with the partner they are healing, and engies with teleports, 1 point per 2 teleports). Both are vital in winning a game, you can try being a medic as well and heal people, your team needs you!

Been using a pyro and scout. I think I'll try medic

ugp
Jun 11, 2010, 12:36 PM
I like the Medic, it's fun. You get a lot of points with Medic. And shooting needles at someone is cool. Or whatever they are.

cathyy
Jun 11, 2010, 12:38 PM

IMO this is this lash-back that Mac users are getting after all those years of bashing PCs. They probably may have went overboard with the banning, but it's the Mac users that started the PC hating first.

ugp
Jun 11, 2010, 12:46 PM
IMO this is this lash-back that Mac users are getting after all those years of bashing PCs. They probably may have went overboard with the banning, but it's the Mac users that started the PC hating first.

It's the user experience while using a PC with Windows that started it. Mac users typically do not like Windows and is why a lot of us switch over. To have less problems. Granted you will come across problems on a Mac sure, problems are always to be expected. It's how big the problem is and how often problems occur that matter and problems have occurred 99% less for me since switching to Mac. Before Mac I always built High-End PCs for gaming and overclocking. It always came down to driver level support and software support for the hardware that gave me the problems.

bjmach
Jun 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
I actually got hooked on this game on the xbox 360 side. After a long frustrating realization that there would be no support for it on the console I quit playing. When I got my new 27" couple of weeks ago, I used bootcamp and started playing again. Took me till about now and 36 hrs game time to finally feel very comfortable playing with a keyboard and mouse. Incredible how much better this game is on the computer side than console. I only play as a spy now and to me its the class thats the most fun and incredibly challenging.

chiefroastbeef
Jun 11, 2010, 09:37 PM
Just played on the Mac natively today, very very impressed, what a moment!

I love the earphones, very cool.

On my Mac Pro, I maxed everything out, including 2560x1600 resolution, and got a constant 30fps, which wasn't bad and was absolutely playable. I then lowered all the settings to minimum, but kept the resolution and got around 60fps during big action (graphic intense), and 120fps walking around in spawn (no action). Very happy! Looking forward to the new OS update though.