PDA

View Full Version : Official Apple iPad case..does it stay flat after folding on itself a lot?

MrMister111
Jun 11, 2010, 04:12 AM
Hi

Hopefully going to buy an iPad soon (UK). Also maybe after a case, although it will be based at home. Was looking at the official Apple case.

I've read somewhere that its a decent case, but when you keep folding it back on itself to allow the iPad to stand up and allow for typing, afterwards when you close it shut the front flap doesnt shut properly and keeps opening. - is this the case?

Also is it easy to get the iPad in and out of the case, as when at home I think it'll be better "naked"

Also if I put an invisible shield on the iPad will it still fit in the case?

either this or maybe thinking of the Griffen sleeve case, just for protection?

cheers

DenniZ
Jun 11, 2010, 05:54 AM
Hey, I have a semi similar setup. Then you fold the apple case the first few times, it may not fold back completely flat, but it should be ok.

The case allows the iPad to be arranged a bit more comfortably.

Getting the iPad in and out of the case is a bit tight, but its doable, just a bit slow.

I have a skinizi skin on the back and cheap ebay screen protector and it still fits in the apple case just fine.

WIth the other cases I can't say, but the apple case seems to tick all the boxes for me.

Pushkar
Jun 11, 2010, 06:00 AM
Getting the iPad in and out of the case is a bit tight, but its doable, just a bit slow.

It's easy once you get the hang of it, it takes about 10 seconds each to put it on/off so it's not too bad!

macpluslaptop
Jun 11, 2010, 07:00 AM
It won't lay completely flat, but very close after a while. However, dust and such can still float in. I like the Apple case a lot for ordinary use, but I wish it did close completely for travel.

I'm getting a Dodo case because I want the elastic band that keeps the case shut completely. If I were still using my Apple case I might invest in a big rubber band.

raymond lin
Jun 11, 2010, 03:40 PM
The Apple case is functional, but it is not perfect, not even close. I have no problem with the material it self, I think it is a plus but a few things lets it down.

Pros

It is THIN, the iPad in it still is very thin
It is grippy, i am not worry about slippage
It is distrete, being black and when closed
It is functional

Cons

It gets dirty easily and dirt lingers, you can't just wipe it off either
Dusts gets in it easily
The edges is horrible, i wish it is round and does not have that lip
the rear flip sticks out once you used it a few times
It won't shut completely flat after a while.

Hammie
Jun 11, 2010, 04:23 PM
I have no problem with the front flap laying flat if you bend it in the opposite direction for a few seconds or so.

I think it is great for what it is but I would prefer a leather version.

mytran80
Jun 13, 2010, 01:19 AM
The Apple case is functional, but it is not perfect, not even close. I have no problem with the material it self, I think it is a plus but a few things lets it down.

Pros

It is THIN, the iPad in it still is very thin
It is grippy, i am not worry about slippage
It is distrete, being black and when closed
It is functional

Cons

It gets dirty easily and dirt lingers, you can't just wipe it off either
Dusts gets in it easily
The edges is horrible, i wish it is round and does not have that lip
the rear flip sticks out once you used it a few times
It won't shut completely flat after a while.

Pros

Front flap is strong enough to protect the screen
The edge lip can absorb any light impact against a door or corner wall

Cons

Rear side and back is unprotected from light drops
The stand is not wide enough making it wobbly
The flap gets in the way when using the accelerometer like playing games