PDA

View Full Version : Disappearing keys on the iBook G4 Laptop

Lexbase
Oct 18, 2004, 09:37 AM
There are reports of disappearing keys on some iBook G4 Laptop.

In my case, I have had the keyboard replaced four times in 8 months by Apple, free of charge, but not free of inconvenience.

Our office has several Apple laptops and stand-alones, but only the new iBook G4 has this issue.

Here are others who have reported the same problem:

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-90265

Anyone else seeing this issue?

If so, it could be that a recall may be required, or a class action.

Please feel free to post comments here or e-mail me directly at Lexbase@canimmigrate.com

Cheers!

Lexbase

Studawg7
Oct 18, 2004, 12:11 PM
I have had no problem with my G4 ibook, 12 in model.

AmigoMac
Oct 18, 2004, 01:45 PM
I had a small problem with the KB, I was writing an E-mail, and the "S" went off, Apple sent me a new KB, free of charge.

DavidLeblond
Oct 18, 2004, 02:21 PM
I've had my G4 iBook for a year, the only key thats beginning to wear off is the N key. Out of all the keys to wear off, I wonder why its the N key... :confused:

SilentPanda
Oct 18, 2004, 03:21 PM
I've had my G4 iBook for a year, the only key thats beginning to wear off is the N key. Out of all the keys to wear off, I wonder why its the N key... :confused:

As long as the E key doesn't wear off too... then you'd have to call apple and say:

"My N, E keys are gone!"

"Sir, there are no any keys."

Ba dum dum.

Okay but really... my iBook G4 has been typed on for about 11 months now and not a single key is wearing off. People need to chill with throwing around class action law suits...

za9ra22
Oct 18, 2004, 05:16 PM
The keycaps printing on my G4/800 iBook is wearing off at a fast rate. It started with the 'N' key but a number of others are suffering too.

I'm a bit of a heavy-handed two-fingered typist, but even so, my Apple Extended II, which I use on my G4 in the office and is now around 10 years old has all the key legends still in place.

I was waiting for a while to get the iBook's keyboard replaced in the hope that Apple realize this is an issue and get better screen printing!

DavidLeblond
Oct 18, 2004, 06:29 PM
The keycaps printing on my G4/800 iBook is wearing off at a fast rate. It started with the 'N' key but a number of others are suffering too.

So yours started with the N key too? Them darned N keys!