Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
this is weird, and just started to happen today

my ipod will play a song, but skip the last ten seconds and go from there to the next song, and play until the last ten or so seconds and move on. like it was the end of the track, but even the timer on the pod says that theres ten seconds left but just goes to the next song

i just restored my pod, we'll see if that has any effect, time to upload my library again,

any other suggestions?

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
ok well the restore seemed to work, for now at least

but its a hassle to do, has any one else had this happen to them?
any other ways to fix this??

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
Best advice I can offer is to check your fade time and set it to zero. Default in iTunes is 6 seconds which is crazy. Or disable it alltogether, but i rather like the fade set to zero cause one song rolls righ into the next instead of the minute pause.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
yeah i have always had my fade at zero, but does that even carry over to the ipod??

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
ok so now it happens to some songs, but not others, and the songs are fine in iTunes

the iPod isnt near full yet, but it has been filled before with no problems, all the files are either 128 AAC or 192 MP3, so im at a loss really to explain whats wrong

are there any other ways to reset the iPod that might work??

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
I have been seeing this lately as well. It doesn't happen very often - but it's annoying. I did a hard reset of my iPod, then reloaded all the songs; but I had it happen again two days ago.

I'm betting it's related to the most recent iPod firmware upgrade. I haven't called Apple yet because it's hard to consistently duplicate.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
do you have a fourth or third gen ipod? mine is third, and just out of apple care now

i think im going to do a restore again, and let it upload all the songs before i give it a try

let me know if you figure anything out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.