Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coconn06

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 14, 2003
King of Prussia, PA
I'm planning on buy a low end PowerMac and a third party 17" LCD. I've done a lot of research, and have settled on the LG L1720P.

Has anyone used this monitor (or other LG monitors) with their Macs and had good experiences? I've found only good reviews, but I prefer the Mac community's opinion in cases like these.

hotwire132002

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2004
Cadillac, MI
coconn06 said:
I'm planning on buy a low end PowerMac and a third party 17" LCD. I've done a lot of research, and have settled on the LG L1720P.

Has anyone used this monitor (or other LG monitors) with their Macs and had good experiences? I've found only good reviews, but I prefer the Mac community's opinion in cases like these.

LG monitors are awesome. I believe (though I could be mistaken) that Apple actually uses LG internals in their monitors.

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
after a quick visit on the site, I guess you can give it a shot :) 12ms response time for example kicks ass.. I would never give up my Apple display though (except for a bigger Apple.. this is 17" SD).

skollins

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2004
LG hates Mac

I just bought the LG 1720P and can't get the driver nor the callibration settings right. This sucks and when I called LG for support they told me that they don't support mac. What the @#$%^ do I do?? :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.