Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmelick07

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Grand Rapids, MI
I work a job where I find a lot of older laptops that I can keep/restore but I rarely find anything apple. The other day I did find a nearly prestine ibook g3 with a real nice case, usb floppy drive and all the literature and charger. I restored it and it is now running really smoothly (OS 9) and was wondering how much it is worth? I know this should probably more realistically go in one of the buy/sell forums but since I'm just a member I didn't think I could post there.....

anyone have any ideas?
I think its 500mghz
10g hd
no airport
64mb ram
12in screen

zmttoxics

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
No airport == :(

I have seen loaded g4 ibooks go for $200 around here. But I have also seen clamshell ibooks go for $150... It is hard to say, I would look at doing an OBO type ad.

Edit: http://www.mac2sell.net/ says $20.

g3powerbook boy

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2010
why not keep it and use it as a computer you wouldnt mind carrying around with you all over especially in school where if it got stolen it isnt a big investment to replace. find a copy of tiger and install it on there and put in the airport card and you will have a nice little laptop that will last forever. upgrade the ram to 512 or more and it will be just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.