PDA

View Full Version : GigaDesigns Dual Processor

buzzfgo
Oct 22, 2004, 10:12 PM
I just put this in my quicksilver and after some time it is working now. I had to take out a scsi card that I was not using due to major conflicts.

It will not clock to 1.4 but will clock to 1.26. Only in the about my mac it says dual 600. Weird. But I know it is not at 600(I ran xbench and got a 156) Anyone know why? Also is there anything I can do about not being able to get it to 1.4?

buzzfgo
Oct 23, 2004, 02:17 PM
:(

RGunner
Oct 23, 2004, 02:52 PM
system profiler has always been known to be inaccurate when upgrades are concerned...

a couple thoughts, have you reset the CUDA / NVram etc? You have the option of booting into 9 to see what the profiler reports there. I know some G4's need firmware updates to run with the 'latest' chips from Freescale (ie the 7447, if this is what you have, needs a firmware update).

i would head over to www.macgurus.com, they are a Giga dealer and have a TON of experience with this type of upgrade.

lastly, try calling Giga directly, I have heard nothing but good things about that company (except for the lawsuit of course!) *grin*