Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Hello,
I just custom ordered a new 15" powerbook, and I purchased the higher end one with a superdrive to get the backlight keyboard. But what I did was downgrade the drive to an optical in the screens where you can change things to save a few bucks. I don't need a superdrive I have one on my imac. But the question is when I press the buttons to brighten the keyboard it comes up with the not symbol like it doesnt exist. On my invoice it shows backlight keyboard am i missing something? Do I need to toggle something on?

Regards
IMAC ABUSER

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
The buttons only work when it's dark enough for the backlight to turn on! Try: turning off all the lights and dimming the screen as far as ti goes. Then try the buttons.

Confusing eh?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
Just experimenting with mine. With the lights on the F9 and F10 bring up the same dimmed symbol, but the F8 one is a little different. If you cover the left speaker completely for a minute or so your screen will dim and the backlight will turn on.

imac abuser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Oh sweet thanks so much I was worried that they sent me the lesser model but upgraded it with my extras you guys rip!

Thanks
IMac Abuser

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.