PDA

View Full Version : Will iPhone 4 Blend?

MacRumors
Jun 25, 2010, 01:24 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/25/will-iphone-4-blend/)

Blendtec has pulled out all the stops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLreo24WYeQ) in its latest installment of "Will It Blend?", offering a complete backstory leading up to the inevitable blending of Apple's new iPhone 4. You can probably guess the result.

Earlier installments:

- Will the iPhone Blend? (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2007/07/10/will-the-iphone-blend/)
- Will it Blend? iPhone 3G Edition (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2008/07/12/will-it-blend-iphone-3g-edition/)
- Apple's iPad: Will It Blend? (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/04/05/apples-ipad-will-it-blend/)

Article Link: Will iPhone 4 Blend? (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/25/will-iphone-4-blend/)

Bevz
Jun 25, 2010, 01:26 PM
Ah, now the iPhone 4 is officially sanctioned! ;)

TopToffee
Jun 25, 2010, 01:26 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/25/will-iphone-4-blend/)

Blendtec has pulled out all the stops (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLreo24WYeQ) in its latest installment of "Will It Blend?", offering a complete backstory leading up to the inevitable blending of Apple's new iPhone 4. You can probably guess the result.

Article Link: Will iPhone 4 Blend? (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/25/will-iphone-4-blend/)

these things make me angry

quagmire
Jun 25, 2010, 01:37 PM

Why?

ppc_michael
Jun 25, 2010, 01:39 PM
That was a pretty intricate sketch they had there!

Seems like iPhone 4 kind of came apart quicker than its predecessors.

tk421
Jun 25, 2010, 01:44 PM
I thought the first one was funny, but aren't these getting kind of tired now?

Hawkeye411
Jun 25, 2010, 01:46 PM
It seemed to take a pretty good beating at the beginning of the blend.

Cool :cool:

mackworth
Jun 25, 2010, 01:48 PM

idk, the 3g looked like it was a lot quicker to come apart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLxq90xmYUs

hardcoreericxxx
Jun 25, 2010, 01:49 PM
Ahaha, "Don't tase me bro!". This was a funny one.

maccatalan
Jun 25, 2010, 01:53 PM
ha ha ha. This is the best "Will it Blend?" ever! :-)

however it is (still) a real pity and outrage. We really are in a messed up society.... Not to mention the old phone blending contest that is ridiculous and so not environmental friendly.

Interestingly I tried to read the GPS coordinates. I believe it reads "4016'23" 11144'18" I typed those in Google Maps and ... CHINA! :-)

Cheers

TopToffee
Jun 25, 2010, 01:53 PM
Why?

it's pretty much the epitome of lowest common denominator.... not to mention almost criminally wasteful

jav6454
Jun 25, 2010, 02:00 PM
That was amusing to say the least.

caranddriver
Jun 25, 2010, 02:05 PM
It makes me sick. What a waste of a perfectly good iPhone 4. There are 1000s of people who'll take it and take better care of it than that.

Just an environmental waste.

diogenis
Jun 25, 2010, 02:07 PM
Aaaaahhh... I was waiting for that lol
Will it blend? has become THE standard lol nice work :)

Rodimus Prime
Jun 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
it's pretty much the epitome of lowest common denominator.... not to mention almost criminally wasteful

http://www.youtube.com/user/Blendtec#p/a/u/0/fLreo24WYeQ

You should watch it. I always have found it to be a funny one to watch. the 4G was pretty fun to watch and jobs got his iBlend.

wallinbl
Jun 25, 2010, 02:16 PM

Are you nuts? $500 for a phone leads to way more than $500 in the resultant viral marketing. It's one hell of a deal for them. They couldn't buy this kind of publicity for $500.

M-5
Jun 25, 2010, 02:17 PM
Well they did pay for it with their money, so they can do with it as they wish. And they're using it to advertise their product, so I don't really see anything wrong with them blending it.

lucky967
Jun 25, 2010, 02:22 PM
It looks like the glass that everyone was scared would be oh so easy to break held up pretty well. Even looked like a big chunk of it was sticking up from the pile at the end.

quagmire
Jun 25, 2010, 02:39 PM
It looks like the glass that everyone was scared would be oh so easy to break held up pretty well. Even looked like a big chunk of it was sticking up from the pile at the end.

That was the stainless steel band.

JRTeK
Jun 25, 2010, 02:50 PM
i bet it doesnt lose reception now... :rolleyes:

JPamplin
Jun 25, 2010, 02:50 PM
All that protective glass and steel makes it harder.

See, I've already tried to blend 4-5 iPhone 4's just to answer your post. Accuracy matters, you know.

;-)

onlymazza
Jun 25, 2010, 02:54 PM
Seems silly to go thru the hassle of getting an iPhone only to destroy it for a low budget youtube clip? smh

dukebound85
Jun 25, 2010, 03:03 PM
well...i entered the contest

cpfay
Jun 25, 2010, 03:06 PM
If you type those coordinates in as 4016'23" N, 11144'18"W, You end up in Orem, UT the home of blendtec!

however it is (still) a real pity and outrage. We really are in a messed up society.... Not to mention the old phone blending contest that is ridiculous and so not environmental friendly.

Interestingly I tried to read the GPS coordinates. I believe it reads "4016'23" 11144'18" I typed those in Google Maps and ... CHINA! :-)

Cheers

irqd
Jun 25, 2010, 03:08 PM

Yes it was and if I'm not mistaken, that's Howard Dean's infamous scream that immediately follows it.

ValSalva
Jun 25, 2010, 03:11 PM
iGadgets deserve to be blended :D

Jeez, have a sense of humor. Your average big budget summer blockbuster movie wastes countless more resources. This is just a drop in the bucket.

Repo
Jun 25, 2010, 03:42 PM
This is just a drop in the bucket.

Drop in the blender, perhaps?

danand725
Jun 25, 2010, 03:47 PM
The reason the iPhone 4 took longer to blend than it's predecessors is clearly visible in the clip.

He's holding the blender too tightly around the bottom left corner, resulting in a loss of power.

Perhaps if he attaches a "Blender Bumper", normal operation would resume?

;-)

Doju
Jun 25, 2010, 04:09 PM
Wow.

It took quite awhile to blend, and even after, the steel band was intact. Nice.

Loved the Gizmodo dig.

dayloon
Jun 25, 2010, 04:24 PM
These videos really irritate me. Who cares if it blends ? Idiot. What a waste.

Jamie 360
Jun 25, 2010, 04:31 PM
OMG that was so cheezey. Think I'll go back to Windows & buy a used Treo.:D

Ljohnson72
Jun 25, 2010, 04:44 PM
People who get angry of this amaze me.

jrober
Jun 25, 2010, 04:57 PM
I don't care Blendtec makes me laugh, for me it is as much a part of any Apple launch just like Kodawarisan, iFixit.com and Mr Jobs.
John :-)

azentropy
Jun 25, 2010, 05:02 PM

+1

Do they also get angry at movies, shows or commercials that crash cars on purpose?

tennismanclay
Jun 25, 2010, 05:11 PM
This makes me sick knowing iv'e had over 20 phone calls, been to three places, considered driving 3 hours to Dallas, and I wont get the new iphone until Tuesday. Plus I have to wake up at 5, to beat the competition, since they probably only have about 5.

kiljoy616
Jun 25, 2010, 05:19 PM
haha, that was so well done, best one I have seen yet by will it blend. :)

kiljoy616
Jun 25, 2010, 05:21 PM

Religion has a way of getting people all up in arms, devoted people just get mad at the air if it blows the wrong way. :D

burtx
Jun 25, 2010, 06:19 PM
+1

Do they also get angry at movies, shows or commercials that crash cars on purpose?

++

People that get angry at these must be really stupid. IT'S A COMMERCIAL! They spent $500 or so on that phone and they are getting a huge amount of hits on their website where they sell the blenders. It's basic advertising. They could never get this kind of traffic from banner adds or google addwords for the amount they spent on that commercial. It's pure genius.

esquire360
Jun 25, 2010, 07:57 PM

I agree... Someday the blender will shatter, injuring or killing him... and finally "will it blend" will be NO more!

grapes911
Jun 25, 2010, 08:02 PM
++

People that get angry at these must be really stupid. IT'S A COMMERCIAL! They spent $500 or so on that phone and they are getting a huge amount of hits on their website where they sell the blenders. It's basic advertising. They could never get this kind of traffic from banner adds or google addwords for the amount they spent on that commercial. It's pure genius.

Exactly. These aren't stupid rich kids purchasing stuff to destroy for their 2 minutes of fame on YouTube. They are selling their blenders and from what I hear, they are very profitable. Get a grip people.

Traverser
Jun 25, 2010, 08:02 PM
If you can't laugh at this, there is something wrong with you... seriously, there is. Hilarious! Not to mention that at the end of the day, this is free advertising for apple, just adds to the hype. Calm down and enjoy a laugh!

Full of Win
Jun 25, 2010, 08:12 PM
It makes me sick. What a waste of a perfectly good iPhone 4. There are 1000s of people who'll take it and take better care of it than that.

Just an environmental waste.

His money dude.

These are part of the 'arch of events' that we have all come to love.
1. Leak(s)
2. Official announcement
3. Early reviews and first impressions
4. Tear Down
5. Overblown issues
6. Will it Blend

bflowers
Jun 25, 2010, 08:34 PM
so, I think he should stick himself in that blender, in a Darwinian effort to save our race from more idiots like him.

jbuck777
Jun 25, 2010, 09:51 PM
so, I think he should stick himself in that blender, in a Darwinian effort to save our race from more idiots like him.

idiot? really....i think you meant genius.

The amount of money he spent on the phone will bring in a lot of traffic to his site, and thus creating profit. Its pure genius....much better then google adsense. Cheap advertising with a punch.

In the end the money he spent will go to Apple....everyone wins.
Its 1 iPhone out of a million. Get over it.

spillproof
Jun 25, 2010, 11:59 PM
I loved that skit. Great advertising strategy.

so, I think he should stick me in that blender, in a Darwinian effort to save our race from more idiots like myself who think they are better than everyone else.

Fixed.

bacaramac
Jun 26, 2010, 12:37 AM
My favorite Will-it-Blend yet (Still hard to watch with something so elegant). Next we should put all the people that get angry at this in the blender. Probably the same people who complain to the HOA for leaving my garbage can at the curb for more then two hours after I get home from work on garbage day. :rolleyes:

Classic response:

I loved that skit. Great advertising strategy.

so, I think he should stick me in that blender, in a Darwinian effort to save our race from more idiots like myself who think they are better than everyone else.

Fixed.

goobot
Jun 26, 2010, 01:19 AM
They made it very enjoyable this time. And damn it lasted long

iphones4evry1
Jun 26, 2010, 02:04 AM
The whole video was funny. Great stuff. :)

TroyBoy30
Jun 26, 2010, 02:04 AM
those blenders are awesome!

gazcross
Jun 26, 2010, 05:39 AM
There is something so satisfying watching the phone jump around in the blender, but at the same time, I kinda feel a little wrong inside (based on the fact that it's a new phone I think). It would be nice to see an android phone and an iPhone being blended at the same time..would good win over evil?!!!!

It is a genius idea, but it would be funny one day if it DIDN'T blend and the blender just chewed it's self up.

I think apple should design the next iPhone to be 'unblendable', now that would be a new feature. :D

Spectrum48k
Jun 26, 2010, 05:52 AM
Perhaps they should have a contrary show 'Will it MEND?' - after they've done a 'Will it blend?'... somehow I think it may not work out lol...

adztaylor
Jun 26, 2010, 06:28 AM
It held up pretty well at the start! Impressive. Hell those blenders are powerful!

As for people getting angry at this, they paid for the phone. They can do what the hell they like with it. Don't like it? Then don't watch the vid.

It was really funny :D

I think apple should design the next iPhone to be 'unblendable', now that would be a new feature. :D

Yes!! I can just see Jobs mention that as one of the features during the next new iPhone keynote haha.

SaaGua
Jun 26, 2010, 07:16 AM
I don't say this about all devices but the iphone 4 deserves to get blended.

A huge design flaw that turns a mobile phone into a handheld video game device. Plus an arrogant douche who refuses to acknowledge the flaw and tells the public it's a non issue.

It is a great blender and I did purchase one because of these videos.

I really wish Crapple will come up with an actual solution other than a bumper case, so I can repurchase my iphone 4. :(

Stella
Jun 26, 2010, 08:43 AM
+1

Probably only at Apple products being destroyed to market a product and thus help to keep people in jobs. $500 well spend / destroyed.

Jelite
Jun 26, 2010, 09:47 AM
They should send a blender to Apple so they can get rid of all this useless iPhone stock.

MacKenners
Jun 26, 2010, 02:56 PM
the iPhone 4 put up a nice fight :)

djzapp
Jun 26, 2010, 04:27 PM
Endgaget and other stupid blogs post this in a way to be funny, but in a reality they are trying to compromise the integrity of the device. The general public are idiots and may want something else. But to single out apple products is not cool. Funny how I never see them blending HTC or Motorola phones. Lets see how long a droid or Evo would last? But make sure the story gets out to all blogs to report how stupid it is.

Kwill
Jun 26, 2010, 10:12 PM
Absolutely insane (as in mute the volume) iPhone 4 microwave video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xC47sEXvZs)! This is getting ridiculous. Why are so many people completely destroying iPhones? Even used ones have second-hand (http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/25/technology/iphone_gazelle_nextworth/index.htm) value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xC47sEXvZs

spillproof
Jun 26, 2010, 11:40 PM
Endgaget and other stupid blogs post this in a way to be funny, but in a reality they are trying to compromise the integrity of the device. The general public are idiots and may want something else. But to single out apple products is not cool. Funny how I never see them blending HTC or Motorola phones. Lets see how long a droid or Evo would last? But make sure the story gets out to all blogs to report how stupid it is.

I think you are missing the point. It has nothing to do with compromising the integrity of the device; it is about advertising. iPhone 4 is THE hottest product right now. While yes, it would be cool/fun to see other phones be blended, it is smarter to use the hottest products because it gets more people's attention.

A bunch of companies, including Blendtec, and individuals on YouTube are creating contests and giving out free iPhones because they know it is free advertising and will get more subscribers or sell more products.

Absolutely insane (as in mute the volume) iPhone 4 microwave video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xC47sEXvZs)! This is getting ridiculous. Why are so many people completely destroying iPhones? Even used ones have second-hand (http://money.cnn.com/2010/06/25/technology/iphone_gazelle_nextworth/index.htm) value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xC47sEXvZs

Advertising.

jimmyjohn
Jun 27, 2010, 12:13 PM

Cheers

If you type those coordinates in as 4016'23" N, 11144'18"W, You end up in Orem, UT the home of blendtec!

As said, they are in Orem, UT. They were at the Salt Lake Apple Store getting the phone on opening day. :) They got quite a reaction from all the people in line.

kironin
Jun 27, 2010, 06:44 PM
carping about waste is ridiculous, get over yourselves. :rolleyes:

this was fricking hilarious, liked that they made a more elaborate story with funny references.

and yes, I signed up for the iPhone 4 contest, two years free service is the big value there.

dwero
Jun 28, 2010, 12:30 AM
Are you nuts? $500 for a phone leads to way more than $500 in the resultant viral marketing. It's one hell of a deal for them. They couldn't buy this kind of publicity for $500.

Nobody can bear a $500 product is blended... Wast money. They should refund.

jhop98101
Jun 28, 2010, 01:34 AM

Cheers

It's 111 W, not E. That puts it just south of Salt Lake City.

FWIW, I'm tired of these videos, and it's a bit of a bummer to watch a perfectly good iPhone 4 get disintegrated.

rdlink
Jun 28, 2010, 05:54 AM
In latest Macrumor, Apple has reportedly ordered 200,000 Blendtec TB-621-20 blenders, and is having them shipped to Cupertino. They will be used to "liquidate" a batch of recalled iPhone 4s.

On a related note, Apple is no longer the most capitalized tech company, but will be opening a new chain of iSmoothie stores in the Silicon Valley over the coming months.

wovel
Jun 28, 2010, 10:17 AM
I don't say this about all devices but the iphone 4 deserves to get blended.

A huge design flaw that turns a mobile phone into a handheld video game device. Plus an arrogant douche who refuses to acknowledge the flaw and tells the public it's a non issue.

It is a great blender and I did purchase one because of these videos.

I really wish Crapple will come up with an actual solution other than a bumper case, so I can repurchase my iphone 4. :(

The hugeness remains to be seen. In Gizmodo's original article , Lam even says the phone works from his house where no previous models did. He was able to make several hours of phone calls without incident.

Yakuza
Jun 28, 2010, 05:55 PM
1 - To much time in is hands.

2 - To much money on the bank to spend on expensive toys.

3 - Where does he work, must be a hell of a well paid job (not the one blending things)

4 - Try to put your nuts in. Will it blend?

5 - What's the point, really?

Seriously i can't the the point on this. am i the only one? i did not even thought that was funny, but was as well bad...i mean. god!

grapes911
Jun 28, 2010, 06:44 PM
1 - To much time in is hands.

2 - To much money on the bank to spend on expensive toys.

3 - Where does he work, must be a hell of a well paid job (not the one blending things)

4 - Try to put your nuts in. Will it blend?

5 - What's the point, really?

Seriously i can't the the point on this. am i the only one? i did not even thought that was funny, but was as well bad...i mean. god!
If you are asking some of these questions, then you clearly didn't read the thread.

Rajani Isa
Jun 29, 2010, 02:36 AM
DON'T BLEND ME BRO!

Seems silly to go thru the hassle of getting an iPhone only to destroy it for a low budget youtube clip? smh

Who said they went through a hassle to get it?

At this point, they probably get one before the reviewers do...

Yakuza
Jun 29, 2010, 02:38 AM
If you are asking some of these questions, then you clearly didn't read the thread.

indeed i did not sir. i've read it in a diagonal way.

yes the publicity the advertising blablabla, but i cant see why do they have to destroy a product to make a good publicity.

i don't see others wrecking cars or what ever to do it, call me short-sighted lolol but i just can't bite this

res1233
Jun 29, 2010, 03:17 AM
IMO he should have a pay-to-join site that features him blending palm handhelds. That is something I would pay to see, if the price is reasonable. :D:apple:

PrincessChi
Jun 29, 2010, 05:43 PM
This is too effin stupid! Thats all I hafta say about that!

emon878
Jun 30, 2010, 10:12 PM
indeed i did not sir. i've read it in a diagonal way.

yes the publicity the advertising blablabla, but i cant see why do they have to destroy a product to make a good publicity.

i don't see others wrecking cars or what ever to do it, call me short-sighted lolol but i just can't bite this

Have you never watched a movie before?

And even if he wasn't making money by blending it who cares? How does it effect you in any way? It doesn't. A waste? He is wasting his own money then and he has a right too by doing so he isn't hurting anyone in any way. I think you guys need to realize its just a ****ing phone and relax yourselves. Again its just a phone it doesn't mind that it got blended.

And to Yakuza he's the CEO of blendtec so ya I'd say he has a pretty good job.

Yakuza
Jul 1, 2010, 02:58 AM
You're an idiot. Have you never watched a movie before?

And even if he wasn't making money by blending it who cares? How does it effect you in any way? It doesn't. A waste? He is wasting his own money then and he has a right too by doing so he isn't hurting anyone in any way. I think you guys need to realize its just a ****ing phone and relax yourselves. Again its just a phone it doesn't mind that it got blended.

And to Yakuza he's the CEO of blendtec so ya I'd say he has a pretty good job.

You have to realize that i'm on the other side of the atlantic, SO, i don't know if is the CEO of a company or even if Blendtec is real, or if he was just some fool with to much time on is hand, do you understand now, hum? He can waste is money and whatever more he wants i don't give a ******* really, but that doesn't stop me to say:

>It's Stupid<

iCole
Jul 1, 2010, 04:06 AM
Its a waste because it's bad for the environment? It is, but the producing millions of iPhones is a environmental waste on itself. Luxury comes at a price. Think about it. We are all actually paying lots of money every so often for what is in a way just a another phone, but then made with lots of high standard materials, which no doubt is polluting in its own way, just because we all just want the best, last en newest advice. If we weren't so needy for new technology en fancy stuff, the world would be better off.

I don't want to sound anti-iPhone or something. I'm also guilty of having an iPhone and i don't mind. I like it :D

Makaveliarts
Jul 1, 2010, 09:39 PM
At first I was pissed. I have to wait 3 weeks for my iPhone to ship :(.

"Don't Taze me bro!"

star-affinity
Jul 2, 2010, 05:53 PM
What I wonder is how long does it really take?
All those blending movies naturally cut together, it's not a linear play from start to finnish don't people see that?

I also think it's a bit of a waste - electronics should be recycled and not blended in to dust. What do they do with the dust you think?

I can still understand the amusement and commercial value in these movies.

pubwvj
Jul 3, 2010, 01:38 PM
A sad waste.
People with too much,
Time on their hands,
Money in their pockets.
Bad.

waloshin
Jul 3, 2010, 01:54 PM
Of ourse it will, and thats guys marketing cost pretty much nothing so the cost of the iPhone is nothing.

saxon48
Jul 3, 2010, 08:18 PM
Stuff like this is indeed amusing, but a total waste. The money for that iPhone, blender, and filming could have gone to a much more effective cause.

FieldingMellish
Jul 5, 2010, 06:50 AM
I was unaware of this blending thing until this thread. Readers and commenters on it is what keeps it alive.

Dooger
Jul 6, 2010, 01:53 AM
An old and tiresome routine. They jumped the shark when they blended the iPad. It's just sad now, give me a VitaMix blender any day.

justinfreid
Jul 6, 2010, 04:55 PM
I think that guy has breathed in a little too much carcinogenic dust for his own good.

wikoogle
Jul 6, 2010, 06:58 PM
They probably got a lifetime ban from Apple products LMAO.

Yakuza
Jul 8, 2010, 02:37 AM
And i thought i was the only one with common sense in here lolol, seems to me there's a lot of people that thinks this is a total waste of...well, everything actually :D

As some one here said, "you never seen a movie?". Yes, yes i did. But this is not a movie. At least it never came to cinemas here.

But, what's the point this thread will go on always with two sides of thoughts. "It's SO funny i just cracked my self LOLing" and "It's just a waste. Stupid and bla bla bla."

Stella
Jul 8, 2010, 06:37 AM
Its garnered over the last couple of days has been right in line with all the other previous iPhone launches. But we know not everyone out there are iPhone fans, and maybe this video is your time to point and laugh.It was accidentally washed.People like this have all the freaking money in the world and can blend an iPhone for entertainment. This is why I hate life.

Actually, the blending advert helps keeps people in jobs. That is worth way more than the $500 spend on the iPhone.

nickjaco
Jul 8, 2010, 06:41 AM
if you turn the sound off at the end when hes talking you can lip sync it to a spanish talk show its so funny.

n2owner
Jul 8, 2010, 08:22 AM

the amount of word of mouth marketing and viral spread he gets from these cant be purchased. id blend 10 to get his pass along.

Ryanm93
Jul 8, 2010, 09:07 PM
I nearly cried when I saw this... but on the other hand it just shows how much stronger the iPhone 4 is than the 3Gs.. It lasted a good while before meeting the demise of the blades. Although it will be a sad day when i drop mine and find both side shattered... :eek: but... here hoping otherwise
:apple

R94N
Jul 11, 2010, 04:04 AM
Who cares? To me it's just a waste.

ihattwick
Jul 13, 2010, 12:51 PM
I think that guy has breathed in a little too much carcinogenic dust for his own good.

"Don't breathe this"
:)

Kyle Ngo
Jul 13, 2010, 01:57 PM
Marketing.

tjf323
Jul 13, 2010, 09:52 PM
Hopefully that fixed the signal issues!!!

Dovecam
Jul 15, 2010, 03:54 AM
Anyway, iPhone 4 has been the hottest thing succeeding to iPad.

What led to iPhone 4G's great success? besides the full weight of Apple, those "YES"-and-"NO" rumors played very important roles in the game.

So don't be so supprised at that, that is just the way that Apple do, and always! :)

fmjordan23
Jul 22, 2010, 06:37 PM
Living proof that if you nail 2 things together that have never been nailed together before.....some schmuck will buy it!

MarximusMG
Jul 22, 2010, 10:53 PM
A sad waste.
People with too much,
Time on their hands,
Money in their pockets.
Bad.

This is what Blendtec is know for. It's their way of showing off their products in an amusing way. Instead of spending money on traditional advertising, they spend just a fraction of their money on things such as electronics, and then blend them. Their series of "Will it Blend" videos is viral, so I'd say that advertising's working!

franky2012
Sep 13, 2010, 10:51 AM
Like Iphone 4 much!

leenco12
Sep 14, 2010, 06:21 PM
Why?

ok3wire
Sep 16, 2010, 12:59 AM
Yes it was and if I'm not mistaken, that's Howard Dean's infamous scream that immediately follows it.

Nice catch. Yep, the Dean Scream jumped out at me too. :D

Kfcbill
Sep 16, 2010, 11:38 AM
It's possibly a demo phone used for display in store.

Ziet
Sep 18, 2010, 01:04 PM

Cheers
put a '-' in front of 111 , and a + in front of 40 ...
+4016'23", -11144'18"
google maps (http://maps.google.dk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=da&geocode=&q=%2B40%C2%B016'23%22+-111%C2%B044'18%22&sll=40.273043,111.738338&sspn=0.019253,0.036993&ie=UTF8&ll=40.273804,-111.738097&spn=0.002407,0.004624&t=h&z=18)

Hraggleblarg
Sep 29, 2010, 10:40 PM
Oh wow, that almost made me cry. He could have sent it to me, instead.

IPHONE SLOTS
Sep 30, 2010, 07:22 AM
Thank you Rodimus Prime. It was a useful piece of information. iPhone 4 is most probably the worst one from Mr. Jobs. the environmental aspect of this is also not that impressive.

Dhelsdon
Sep 30, 2010, 02:28 PM
That made me puke in my mouth a little bit.

Cruz1
Oct 4, 2010, 03:56 AM
The blender boys over at Blendtec are doing what they do best taking the coolest (and most expensive) gadget toys available and throwing them to their blade-induced death. Still, its pretty enjoyable to watch.

canucksfan88
Oct 4, 2010, 09:36 PM
lol @ the people who think this was a waste.
this is pure marketing genius that is obviously successful since the video is now online and we are all talking about it.
a simple marketing campaign that is getting millions of views.
i believe they already blended an iPad (not before smashing it first)

im still waiting for them to blend a blender =D

6daniels
Oct 12, 2010, 12:22 AM
i hope apple comes up with something that doesn't blend then watch the company go out of business :p

jrexgis
Oct 22, 2010, 04:40 PM
well we all know iphone 4 has a faster processor..im not sure if we're going to have a problem with it :)

Epsilon88
Oct 23, 2010, 10:28 PM
Best one yet! :D

jolie1
Nov 18, 2010, 03:14 AM
All that protective glass and steel makes it harder.

jmssmith317
Nov 27, 2010, 05:34 AM
ii'm with you. it stopped even being just amusing a long time ago. and it's not just because it's a new piece of apple tech, either -- i don't even care for them blending other things.

Plymouthbreezer
Nov 28, 2010, 11:48 PM
Watching things "blend" never gets old.

I mean, anything they blend, in general (not iPhone/Apple products specifically).

zirconiawoods
Feb 18, 2011, 02:18 AM
it makes all of things better

todd54tacy
Feb 23, 2011, 06:57 AM
iphones are to expensive for most of the people is any option available at lower cost

mamba
Mar 18, 2011, 07:04 PM
Silly show. They try to make it more interesting with silly jokes.
But no chance.

FatMac128
Mar 21, 2011, 09:37 AM
Silly show. They try to make it more interesting with silly jokes.
But no chance.

After waiting sooooo long to get one, it hurts to watch.... but I still did. I agree it's getting old (and silly as you pointed out).

kelvinchristian
Mar 21, 2011, 12:07 PM
Typical of Blendtec fashion, the most popular is the ultimate stress test blender blender manufacturer, with the new iPhone, that is put. In a word, Yes. IPhone 4 definitely confuses. So, just a few drops are not sufficient to shatter all the hell definitely would have an easier time doing damage, in a blender. Even though this only if you are a Apple hater, may be the happiest moment of life.

ashinatam
Apr 17, 2011, 11:54 PM

Why angry?

Dr McKay
Apr 18, 2011, 04:53 AM
Don't breathe this ;)

These are seriously good commercials for Blendtec, they make me want one. The only thing it couldnt blend was Chuck Norris :D

fancydev
Apr 25, 2011, 06:02 AM
I like this article.
---------
fancy
Resell Rights Videos (http://www.plrprivatelabelrights.com/plr-videos)

ChrisOmega
Apr 25, 2011, 06:27 AM
Hi Everybody on the board,

I am Chris and new to this forum, I will try to contribute my best,