Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
I tried the search without much luck. I have a regular Snow APBS that, up until last week, worked fine. Now, whenever I get home and turn my TiBook on, I seem to connect to the Airport network, but I can't connect to the Internet. I say that I seem to connect because I can see the network in my menubar, but if I go to the Airport Admin software, it doesn't see it. I have to unplug the Airport and plug it back in, then it works fine. My girlfriend uses the network with her PC, with the same result, so I assume it's not a problem with my PBook.

My network config is simply a cable I* connection plugged into the APBS, and the Airport distributes IP addresses. Pretty simple. :rolleyes:

Any idea what my problem could be? :confused:

Thanks for any help!!

Tim

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
I have an Airport Extreme, and I used to have that problem all the time using DSL. I think it has something to do with your ISP renewing your IP address, and the base station not realizing it. Mine used to drop off every afternoon about 2 P.M. and I would have to reset the base station and the DSL modem. Now that I have cable modem, I rarely have that problem.

timnosenzo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
ct, us
Thanks for the replies, all!

have you tried resetting the basestation?
I reset it by unplugging it, and I tried uploading the default software to it, but it doesn't seemed to have helped. Do you think it would help doing a hard reset and blowing out all of the old settings?

gotten any new neighbors or appliances that uses 802.11?
Oddly enough, I do have new neighbors. However I tried to see if they have a wireless network that might interfere but I don't see anything. Would a cordless phone cause this? Is there anything I can change so they don't piss each other off?

I have an Airport Extreme, and I used to have that problem all the time using DSL. I think it has something to do with your ISP renewing your IP address, and the base station not realizing it. Mine used to drop off every afternoon about 2 P.M. and I would have to reset the base station and the DSL modem. Now that I have cable modem, I rarely have that problem.
Did you always have this problem? How many times a day do you think my ISP would renew the IP lease?

Thanks,
Tim :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.