Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Original poster
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
I spent some time in the front yard with the kids tonight trying to get pictures of the lunar eclipse - enjoy.

Fun to watch - the next one for us probably won't happen until sometime in 2007, if I understand correctly.

photos

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Very cool stuff - looks really good in the binoculars - pictures don't really do it justice...

D

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I had to miss it :mad: !!! I had a band rehearsal that prevented me from going to see it at an observitory with my girlfriend. Stupid class. Oh well. :rolleyes:

King Cobra

macrumors 603
Mar 2, 2002
Clouds!! Go figure! See, that's why I gave up following astronomy: I got to follow one lunar/astronomy-related event in person only once every several years because of the weather. So I kept getting bummed out and lost interest. This event is no exception. Damnit. ... But I still try to get a glimpse of the event IF I can. Now I gotta rely on pics to see what happened. *goes to sleep*

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Mr. Anderson said:
Very cool stuff - looks really good in the binoculars - pictures don't really do it justice...

D

I could see it in great detail through the big zoom but it turned out to be no more than a very white disk, no matter what settings I used.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Good show!

It was a nice sight. I took over a 100 pictures of it with my digi cam. I love taking pictures of nature, and well this was an added bonus for me :D

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
we've been covered in fog all week, so i couldn't see it... even went out last night hoping for a glimpse, but there was no way. Too bad, i would have liked to try and get a shot or two, i had been hoping to try out my camera's infrared abilities... admittedly i don't even know if that would have worked, but i was curious.

paul

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
I wasn't able to see it last night, but I did see one last year while down in Florida. It is an interesting sight to see for sure. Plus, it's easier to view than a Solar eclipse...

And thanks for the pics kevin49093, quite nice for those of us that couldn't see it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.