PDA

View Full Version : .Mac Mail & Subfolders

edesignuk
Aug 14, 2002, 03:28 PM
I don't believe it! I've just paid $50 for a full .Mac subscription and now I discover that I can't even have subfolders in my inbox! What gives!?!
I get an error in Entourage saying that the server does not allow subfolders and just to make sure it wasn't an Entourage problem I set the account up in Outlook Express in WinXP (Sorry all :)) and that does the same thing.
I can't believe it! After all it's not like it's a FREE service anymore where you should just be happy with whatever you get, I'm paying for this!

Rower_CPU
Aug 14, 2002, 03:36 PM
Hmmm...just create them external to your Inbox, but still within your account.

That's what I do in Mail.:)

edesignuk
Aug 14, 2002, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
Hmmm...just create them external to your Inbox, but still within your account.

That's what I do in Mail.:)
Fair enough, that seems to work, but I'm still very suprised that you cannot have subfolders.
For a service that you pay for it really should be fully featured, especially with such basic features as allowing subfolders.

Rower_CPU
Aug 14, 2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by verbose101
Fair enough, that seems to work, but I'm still very suprised that you cannot have subfolders.
For a service that you pay for it really should be fully featured, especially with such basic features as allowing subfolders.

It does seem odd. I can do it with my other POP and IMAP accounts, but not Mac.com.

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 14, 2002, 03:57 PM
i have about 7 sub folders. no problem. using mac os x 10.1.5 and mail.app.

Rower_CPU
Aug 14, 2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon

w/ a Mac.com account?

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 14, 2002, 04:02 PM
yup

Rower_CPU
Aug 14, 2002, 04:05 PM
yup

Very odd. Is that with the "trial account" or the full .Mac one?

I can only create folders wiithin the account, but not child folders in the Inbox.

AmbitiousLemon
Aug 14, 2002, 04:06 PM
full

Rower_CPU
Aug 14, 2002, 04:10 PM
full

That's wild.

Let me check Mail.app 1.2 on 10.2 when I get home...

edesignuk
Aug 14, 2002, 04:11 PM
How did you create them? I've just setup my account in mail.app and can't even see an option anywhere to create subfolders.
There is a 'New Mailbox' option in the Menu > Mailbox > New Mailbox, but that does not create a subfolder inside the Inbox.